What did you do to your TJ today?

Same thing happened to me when I was installing the MorRyde Tailgate Reinforcement Kit. I had to take a bolt extractor to 2 of the factory bolts. The kit comes with new bolts and hinges, so I wasn’t super concerned with preserving the stock hinges/bolts, but man it felt good when I finally got those suckers out!
This MorRyde kits are exactly what I’m working my way toward, but until I have that kinda dough in my pocket these will have to do. Are they as beefy as they look on their website?

This MorRyde kits are exactly what I’m working my way toward, but until I have that kinda dough in my pocket these will have to do. Are they as beefy as they look on their website?

Oh yeah, they’re great! I was initially going to buy just the hinges, but I decided to spring for the whole kit after reading a forum thread about them on here, and I couldn’t be happier.

Today it was time to fix the driver side door panel crack.

IMG_1922.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

I posted a detailed process here if anyone is interested: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...storation-and-repair.31951/page-9#post-631884

Perhaps that’s why I can’t find one that’s supposed to go on a 97, 😂. Cool, thanks, I’ll look for one today

There was a post around here with the actual part number. This shows up on eBay. I paid about the same. Three self-tapping screws and you're done.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Been putting off a lot of projects just because of time and money (valve cover gasket, rear main, bent axle, etc. Had a family emergency and it was either take the jeep from San Diego to Wyoming or take my work truck with 225k on it. Didn't want to risk my livelihood so I took the TJ. The radiator cap failed, spraying coolant in the engine bay going over the Mojave but it never truly overheated. For all that people dog on these rigs, they'll run like a champ even with a lot of problems.

That being said, I spent this weekend replacing the radiator cap and testing the coolant system, finally swapped in the hpd30 that I geared myself, installed an Aussie locker, found some vent steering components, did an alignment, test drove, learned that the alignment needs to be done axle loaded and the Aussie locker pins and springs were in backwards (this lesson involved some puckering and nearly destroyed the neighbors fence). Redid the alignment and locker pins and drove it today and it's the smoothest rig I've got in the house.

I got this with a bad shake and the PO said "it's a Jeep" as the explanation. I lowered the tcase, better. Did sye and put tcase back where it goes, even better. Found some bent hardware, better yet and damn near perfect ride. Don't let anyone tell you these things just "ride rough". I've got a 3.5 inch lift and this will do 80 all day with just one finger on the steering wheel and no spilling the coffee 😁 (largely thanks to the good people on this forum and the phenomenal "how to" sections).

Never thought I'd enjoy another vehicle as much as I enjoyed my race bike, but I fucking love this Jeep!

IMG_20200719_120813303.jpg

IMG_20200719_111346784.jpg

Attachments

• VID_20200719_101304934.mp4
    24.5 MB
104.jpg

Previously installed used Jensen Marine speakers. Tweeter hangs down so far that most grilles wouldn't cover it. So I...
131.jpg

...bought these "waffle" grilles that have "just enough" depth to cover the tweeter. I didn't like the goofy mounting clips that came with them, so I bought these 6 inch trim rings made for a ceiling lite fixture...
132.jpg

... drilled some mounting holes...
133.jpg

... and flat blacked them! Paint is wet in this picture.
13e.jpg

Works. Barely. About 1/8" clearance to the tweeter, but that's enough. I may or may not add more screws as the trim ring is pretty flexy...

View attachment 177942
Previously installed used Jensen Marine speakers. Tweeter hangs down so far that most grilles wouldn't cover it. So I...
View attachment 177943
...bought these "waffle" grilles that have "just enough" depth to cover the tweeter. I didn't like the goofy mounting clips that came with them, so I bought these 6 inch trim rings made for a ceiling lite fixture...
View attachment 177944
... drilled some mounting holes...
View attachment 177945
... and flat blacked them! Paint is wet in this picture.
View attachment 177946
Works. Barely. About 1/8" clearance to the tweeter, but that's enough. I may or may not add more screws as the trim ring is pretty flexy...
Nice job. (y)

Reactions: Zorba
There was a post around here with the actual part number. This shows up on eBay. I paid about the same. Three self-tapping screws and you're done.
I love how easy this forum makes it to spend money!! Ordered one just now, thanks for the help. Now I won’t have a gaping hole there for whatever and god knows what else to go in

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I love how easy this forum makes it to spend money!! Ordered one just now, thanks for the help. Now I won’t have a gaping hole there for whatever and god knows what else to go in

HAHAHA any time. It is a Jeep, never forget. I seriously don't know what they were thinking with the air intake for the HVAC system just open like that. I don't know how many dead bugs and seedlings and such have hit me straight in the face when first starting the defroster in the morning.

Hope it helps. Every Jeep is different, but the fit should be about the same as mine. If you have a heat gun it will help a lot as well for final fitting and such.

My shift light indicator for my automatic transmission is broken and does not display what gear you are in. A new shift indicator is $350 for a new one (no way I'm paying that).

A $3.99 garage sale sign, an exacto knife, a little epoxy, and some time resulted in a new and functional indicator. The new one is wider and covers the letter/number of the gear you are in too (not just the little hash), which I like better than the stock setup. Thank you for the assist @BuildBreakRepeat

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

My shift light indicator for my automatic transmission is broken and does not display what gear you are in. A new shift indicator is $350 for a new one (no way I'm paying that).

A $3.99 garage sale sign, an exacto knife, a little epoxy, and some time resulted in a new and functional indicator. The new one is wider and covers the letter/number of the gear you are in too (not just the little hash), which I like better than the stock setup. Thank you for the assist @BuildBreakRepeat

View attachment 178055

View attachment 178056

View attachment 178057

View attachment 178058
Genius! There should be a mod of the month sticky or something like that. (y)

View attachment 178055

View attachment 178056

View attachment 178057

View attachment 178058

Did you make the whole thing you're holding in your right hand out of the For Sale sign?

View attachment 178055

View attachment 178056

View attachment 178057

View attachment 178058
Can you see the indicator with the light on or does it need to be slightly transparent? Picture please 😉