What did you do to your TJ today?

After a few days of prep (wire wheel, cleaner degreaser and metal etching) today was POR 15 day for the frame, body mounts and rock sliders.
F4D94DD4-4562-447F-BA20-553E2B659522.jpeg
42E8F96D-12B9-4423-8D69-28D4B374DC14.jpeg
96FAD1F6-591E-4FE4-A3E7-1AEE45D994A6.jpeg
1887CE76-BD4C-46D3-A833-C03482F8E44E.jpeg
B91C95C9-7EF9-46A6-B993-2F819C0F6D95.jpeg
70686BA8-545E-416C-AD89-371E7E74BFD3.jpeg

Cleaned up the inside of the tail lights and added a bit of sealant in preparation for winter. Added new reflective tape on the inside for both the back up and the driving light. Refreshed the lenses with Meguiar's back to black(stuff is clear and makes the plastic look new and refreshed.

Added 10,000lbs front tow hooks from Rugged Ridge. Now I have more hookup points in the front other than the winch.

Reactions: Fixer6
Have you driven it and noticed any more vibes over stock? They use a harder rubber compound.
Unfortunately I still have bad vibes due to what I believe to be bad rear axle bearings.... I'll be changing those out next weekend. While I had the rear jacked up I spun the the passenger tire and got some nice clunking noises. I also noticed that I can push and pull the whole wheel & axle shaft a good 8th inch or so, making a clanking, on both rear wheels.

• Sad
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Went for a long relaxing drive looking at the fall colors that are going away already.

Really like how the Jeep stands and drives today. The height is really perfect for everyday driving. @David Kishpaugh did a really stellar job setting up the custom midarm with 3" lift with custom shocks from @pcoplin. I'm truly lucky to have my Jeep locally worked on by such nice and such talented people.

Still have few more things to take care of and then my build will be over. Hoping to get "finally finished" by end of the year.

PXL_20201025_223838102.jpg

PXL_20201025_223803289.jpg

PXL_20201025_223743761.jpg

Went for a long relaxing drive looking at the fall colors that are going away already.

Really like how the Jeep stands and drives today. The height is really perfect for everyday driving. @David Kishpaugh did a really stellar job setting up the custom midarm with 3" lift with custom shocks from @pcoplin. I'm truly lucky to have my Jeep locally worked on by such nice and such talented people.

Still have few more things to take care of and then my build will be over. Hoping to get "finally finished" by end of the year.

View attachment 198650

View attachment 198651

View attachment 198652
Psrivsts
Looking good your rig,
Please let me know,when you get to the “ finally finished” state in the JEEP-department
😂
DETOUR overnout

-•|||||•-👋🏿

Reactions: psrivats

View attachment 198650

View attachment 198651

View attachment 198652
Psrivsts
Looking good your rig,
Please let me know,when you get to the “ finally finished” state in the JEEP-department
😂
DETOUR overnout

-•|||||•-👋🏿
By the way, where did you get your upper sliders from ,atop off the half doors ?
And how do you like them ?

By the way, where did you get your upper sliders from ,atop off the half doors ?
And how do you like them ?

They are made by Bestop. I like them much more than the OEM soft uppers for the half doors. The are very easy to take on and off, and the sliders let on good amount of air if you need it. No issues so far with water leaking etc.

Only thing I would say is that I wish the windows were a tad bit larger.

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2005/wrangler/upper-door-sliders/

• Love
Reactions: DETOUR
Five weeks after someone crashed into me and totaled my Black LJ, my custom shop came across an 06 that had just a bit more miles, but was built just a bit better too. After a thorough search underneath and a rewarding test drive, I agreed to purchase. But not before I added a few goodies. A week later it was ready to pick up and Friday I drove her home. Went for a drive today. That scorching hot Cali sun couldn’t have felt better through the alien shade. View attachment 184409View attachment 184410
Man. Nice Jeep. I'm envious. I like the switch to black flares. I never liked that stock semi matching color.

Your Jeep is my dream Jeep. LJ, khaki color, at and 4.0. I would be good to go. Thats what my next Jeep is.

So I used to have a Tablet in the dash - cut in to the dash, bluetooth everything from ignition to underbody lights and music, maps offroad and on, email for work, etc — served me faithfully for years, but now I want to upgrade

View attachment 198323
I want to upgrade it to this:
View attachment 198325

i dunno if I can pull it off! But we'll see!!
Wow just like the Tesla...you could name it Jeep-la lol
Will you be fibre-glassing it all in ?

Reactions: Hog and hardtailpan

View attachment 198650

View attachment 198651

View attachment 198652
Nice looking Jeep! I'm partial to the color!

Reactions: psrivats
H
Friday I picked up a hard top. As much as I like the doors off, top off feel, the air conditioning and quiet ride are nice with the hard top. Now I just need two Jeeps, one with a hard top, one with a bikini top.
Friday I picked up a hard top. As much as I like the doors off, top off feel, the air conditioning and quiet ride are nice with the hard top. Now I just need two Jeeps, one with a hard top, one with a bikini top.

View attachment 186098
@Viking Jeeper How do you like those Fuel wheels? I'm having a hard time deciding between those and the Methods, I have Methods on my F250 and love them but I know nothing about the Fuels