What did you do to your TJ today?

Bought myself a birthday gift of an Eames chair replica...wanted one of these for a while now.....surprised it fit in the Jeep. (so was the guy I bought it off )
chair.jpg

eames chair.jpg

Conquered a hill at Tahuya that has beaten me 3 times previously... despite the wet/muddy conditions. Mostly thanks to a fellow club member who spotted me up a line I hadn't thought to try (or that I could do) before.

Nice job! Looks like a technical little climb

Reactions: John Cooper
Nice job! Looks like a technical little climb
Thanks! and it is... what you can't see, and the reason we climbed the left wall, is on the right is a huge hole that you need a buggy or 40's or something to get through. I can't even get my front tires up it... maybe 40" vertical... too big for any of us that were there anyway.

I’ve been thinking about getting one of those. What are your thoughts on before and after? Worth the money for a daily driver? Just curious about a real persons experience. Thanks!
I like it a lot. World of difference now that I’m used to it. Highly recommend if you got the dough to spare

Bought myself a birthday gift of an Eames chair replica...wanted one of these for a while now.....surprised it fit in the Jeep. (so was the guy I bought it off )
View attachment 206607
View attachment 206608
I'm so jealous. Those Eames chairs are not just beautiful. They are so comfortable. Being an industrial designer I have special respect for that chair for its place in history. Nice find. And like I said now you better drop it. Cause I'm jealous! haha

Nothing done directly to LJ but did take advantage of Motobilt’s BF sale and free shipping. As they have disclaimer when you check out that shipping before Xmas isn’t guaranteed might have to wait a bit.

Added the KSuspension H4 wiring harness upgrade. Just tested for a moment to back it out of the garage but not sure I saw a big improvement. Also greased all the certs. Next is installing the MORryde HD hinges.

It’s had a suspected small rear main seal leak since I bought it but I’ve never worried. Lately been noticing more fluid on the ground and an occasional burning smell after stopping. Climbed under while messing with the lights and the undercarriage is a dirty wet mess. Guess I will be leak hunting. Luckily all of my fluid levels are still good.

Radiator cracked at the top so I decided to clean the throttle body, put new spark plugs in, cleaned the battery terminals while doing 5 coolant flushes to get rid of existing coolant but had to bypass the heater core. I then ordered a new heater core because that was leaking out of the condensation line for the ac. I’m guessing the radiator cap failed and it built too much pressure. So to make a long day harder I go to put the new Mopar radiator in and they sent me the wrong one with zero oil cooler lines. Jeeps taking a little break for a couple more days :/

1FE88554-BF4B-4C0A-87DA-9E9AC3201FD1.jpeg

209C2E5E-B685-44B5-8E87-02771740D995.jpeg

I'm so jealous. Those Eames chairs are not just beautiful. They are so comfortable. Being an industrial designer I have special respect for that chair for its place in history. Nice find. And like I said now you better drop it. Cause I'm jealous! haha
I wont tell you the price then...but it it was between $349 and $351 :p ... it was steal at that price down here.
I've loved these chairs for years, classic timeless piece of design and one popped up on our local Craig's list and it was calling my name. Charles Eames said it was designed to get the look and feel of a worn baseball mit, he nailed it....and yes very comfy and can feel myself falling asleep in it many times haha

Last edited: