What did you do to your TJ today?

Drove mine for the first time three weeks. Had to wait till the salt and slush on the road dried out here in NW Wisconsin. We’re normally in Baja by now for the winter. But mother in-law is not doing well. Hope to leave soon, with the Jeep for the first time!! Trying to decide if I should bring along the soft top, but the jeep is a desirable target in Mexico as it is! I would also like to further adjust the caster after putting the new HP Currie axle up front last year. Close, but not perfect.

CD9DD4B4-31E4-4779-AC9F-DD7901BA3D76.jpeg

Reactions: Big-Al
Best in the business. I’ve been to their facility a few times - top notch work.
Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the way this thing is built. The powder coating on the aluminum (seldom a good idea) failed, but Goddess alone only knows how old this thing is - its been gone through before. I like things that can be gone through and repaired instead of throwing them away.

Drove tonight for the first time after installing the upgraded light harness. It does appear to have improved the lights. They seem more white and have better throw and spill. The wife noticed and commented as well.

Phillips Extreme Vision 130 60/55W in Cibbie lenses.

Ditched the Hart top today. Took about 15mins. Never noticed two of the bolts were missing. Two clamps, a plug and 4 5/16" bolts and it was off.

Looking forward to the softop. My original thought with this TJ was "modernize", heat, AC, OBDII, sealed, glass etc. Nope. I miss my safari top days with the CJ.

I like the look of the "no top" configuration.

_IKV7648_zpsgw2zu7sg.jpg

The top did not weigh as much as I had thought/hoped. I doubt the difference in ride height will be 1/4".

001(9).jpg

001(7).jpg

001(6).jpg

001(3).jpg

001(2).jpg

Its such a hard choice when you actually have the option "not" lol! Everyone with a soft top wants a hard top as well Everyone with a hard top wants a soft top as well, got half doors want full doors got full doors want half doors this is the beauty of Wranglers, its only decisions :)

Installed a new East Penn/Deka AGM battery from NAPA. I had a set of Custom Battery Cables to swap everything over, but the weather was nasty, so I figured I'd swap the battery and deal with the cables later. Of course, the positive terminal broke, and the factory cables weren't compatible with the military terminals that came with the kit. So an hour later, I was very wet, but had everything changed over. I lucked out on the firewall and engine grounds... Both fasteners came off easily. But that was definitely not how I had hoped to spend a very rainy and windy afternoon.

Last edited: