What did you do to your TJ today?

I replaced the plastic chrome inserts.
If the paint was a little better, I would consider running without them.
What do you think?

20201201_172620.jpg

20201201_172700.jpg

Got the new Mopar radiator in and heater core bypass complete for now. I go to start up the truck and let it idle for a few min and the radiator sounded like it was going to explode and the overflow was shaking from boiling coolant. Quickly shut it off and realized there was a big air pocket inside the bypass. I should’ve filled it up with coolant through that hose after I installed the new thermostat. Luckily the system took care of itself forced the air to the overflow and sucked up coolant that it needed. I go to start it up after it cools and battery’s dead 🤫. It was fersure time for a new one and looked to be the original battery. Went and got a new one from the dealership and the Jeep fired right up and is RUNNING GREAT!! thank you baby Jesus.

F3E25B10-3AA1-4300-9E4C-89DBFE7BF9A5.jpeg

100781F5-8C02-4329-BB16-CB591FF3A162.jpeg

F1EFDE97-1C41-4B3F-94D6-799787C92E2D.jpeg

96EC7C4A-AECD-47B8-9E46-3011AC2D4B6A.jpeg

I replaced the plastic chrome inserts.
If the paint was a little better, I would consider running without them.
What do you think?

View attachment 207189

View attachment 207191
I'm kind of leaning that way.
It has chrome wheels & running boards.
If I were to take them off, I'd most likely be spending $$ on wheels at some point. Then I'd decide to remove the chrome boards with something dark.
Created a cnundrum

20201125_174714.jpg

Reactions: Fonz54
weird! I have NEVER lost my 13mm. Now 10mm is a TOTALLY different story. Every time I am at lowes or home depot, I always pick up another one because I know that I will need it before too long. LOL

it reminds me of a similar situation, long before i became the owner of TJ, i had an inch wrench in my toolbox that i never needed. I could never part with him, it was only much later that I needed him to change the oil on the TJ LOL

• Haha
Reactions: HYRYSC
Damn! I knew I forgot something.

Any suggestions on what would work best with the Uniden 520XL? And where do most of you put it, cuz there ain't much room under the hood of a Jeep!
You really don't want the one I got for 2 reasons:

1) Its way big...
2) The Uniden only puts out 7 watts speaker power to the PA - I don't know why they bothered. You really need an amplified horn (or inline amp) if you're serious about being able to use it.

Picture:
00.jpg

Video I used to check clearances - it barely fits in all dimensions! You can also hear its anemic output...

I now have a little 35 watt amp and enclosure that I get to assemble - this is far more of a project than I really wanted. But I only paid $7.10 for the horn, and its good for 50 watts.

Reactions: Blondie70
Yeah, I saw a Speaco, supposed to be top quality, with a built in amp. But they wanted over a hundred bucks for it. that's more than the radio cost!

I like your speaker placement, hadn't thought of that spot. Consider your idea ripped off :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Blondie70
Yeah, I saw a Speaco, supposed to be top quality, with a built in amp. But they wanted over a hundred bucks for it. that's more than the radio cost!

I like your speaker placement, hadn't thought of that spot. Consider your idea ripped off :ROFLMAO:
If you're gonna rip it off, you might as well have the whole idea:

00.jpg

No holes needed in the hood strut - it clamps on. Has to extend forward to fit around the master cylinder...

If you're gonna rip it off, you might as well have the whole idea:

View attachment 207255

No holes needed in the hood strut - it clamps on. Has to extend forward to fit around the master cylinder...
Yeah, I like that as well. I’m not hot on drilling all kinds of holes in the Jeep.

That’s going to be a big challenge in installing the cb. I’ve got a plan though.

Hole in the rear bumper for the antenna, snake the coax under the tub and through the dash.

I’ll mount the cb on the passenger side foot well, on it’s side, up against the center console, tilted up at a 45 degree angle as far forward as it can go.

I’m fabing a bracket that will mount flat under the console and bend up at a 90 to give me a surface for my custom one sided clip/bracket.

Gonna photo the process and post it. Who knows, maybe someone will rip my idea off.

And all that because I’m not drilling holes in the tub or dashboard 🤪

I'm kind of leaning that way.
It has chrome wheels & running boards.
If I were to take them off, I'd most likely be spending $$ on wheels at some point. Then I'd decide to remove the chrome boards with something dark.
Created a cnundrum

View attachment 207219
Instead of replacing the Chrome nerfs (if you like that style of step) you could prep and paint them any color you choose.. Save $$$

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Zorba