What did you do to your TJ today?

I'm kind of leaning that way.
It has chrome wheels & running boards.
If I were to take them off, I'd most likely be spending $$ on wheels at some point. Then I'd decide to remove the chrome boards with something dark.
Created a cnundrum

View attachment 207219
I would ditch the chrome. But thats just me. I had those nerf bars in black from the PO. And had a hard time selling them. Not worth much these days.

Black steel wheels would look awesome. But better yet you could pick up a set of used JK Moab rims and tires for about $300 or less. Just rims probably less than $150. Aluminum would look great on that green. And its a cheap upgrade. You do need spacer/adapters. Its whats on my jeep. You could probably find a pic of a green jeep with jk moabs to get a good idea of what it looks like.

Really nice Jeep tho bud. Some minor mods and your off to the races. :)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Replaced the upper control arm bushings (on the axle)
Removed the stinger off my bumper...still need to grind it smooth
Purchased warn 9.5ti that’s is 100 pieces

CC9E423E-3284-4FFB-A254-64C808A32BFA.jpeg

7CDACB4D-215B-4DD4-991F-6AB5F7C6C3B4.jpeg

Nice finished product! I did the ashtray swap out last year but it unfortunately did not come out as clean. I really just wanted a phone charger back after removing the 12 volt plug and putting in a 12 volt guy in cab winch switch.

Got some work done on two projects today.

Working on installing a york compressor. Just finished cleaning the whole thing the other day and plugging the port. Pulley and clutch came in today. Need to get some oil in it, mount it, measure for the correct belt length, then buy some plumbing.

Also almost done with a trail gear hydro assist install. Got the ram in and lines run today, just need to weld some tabs on the steering linkage tomorrow.

Reactions: John Cooper
Well, I don't know if this counts as "what I did" but I found a set of Grand Cherokee hemi exhaust manifolds for a reasonable price and bought em'. So now that's the bellhousing and the exhaust manifolds. Keeping an eye out for a 2005/6 gas tank now....

Reactions: reddvltj
Reactions: MountaineerTom
There's a discussion of this mod going on this week here:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/help-with-empty-spot-on-center-dashboard.43727/
You did an awesome job. Can you supply links for materials? Is that a stock unit you put over the ashtray hole? I have the ashtray too in my 99.
It's a stock switch panel for 97-02 tj I got off eBay. When I searched Google for the paneI also came across the YouTube video. The only thing I didn't do as the video shows was sand down the left side of the added switch panel.

Sit for long periods without driving? Lots of very short trips without sufficient time to burn condensation off? I lived in Florida and fought that battle, humidity down there is unreal!

Reactions: Hog
Finally got back to replacing my water pump. Started the project a few weeks ago, but then spent a bunch of time at a cabin in the woods shooting at things. Got back to reality on Tuesday....took me WAY too long to find all the bolts & idler pulley. Water pump went in no problem, but it took 3 tries on the thermostat. (1) forgot the thermostat. (2) apparently the thermostat slipped out of the groove as I was tightening the housing. (3) nailed it, first try!

Also had to overcome the fact that every parts search out there shows a sort of 2-piece petcock drain "bolt" but mine ended up being just a 3/8" coarse thread bolt, and used the foam/rubber grommet washer thingy from the Dorman piece on my new bolt; seems to have sealed up ok.

pro tip: don't leave your fan shroud sitting upright on the ground or it may go slightly out of round due to gravity and then your fan will ever so slightly graze that one spot on the shroud. Hoping that resolves itself over time.

Finally got back to replacing my water pump. Started the project a few weeks ago, but then spent a bunch of time at a cabin in the woods shooting at things. Got back to reality on Tuesday....took me WAY too long to find all the bolts & idler pulley. Water pump went in no problem, but it took 3 tries on the thermostat. (1) forgot the thermostat. (2) apparently the thermostat slipped out of the groove as I was tightening the housing. (3) nailed it, first try!

Also had to overcome the fact that every parts search out there shows a sort of 2-piece petcock drain "bolt" but mine ended up being just a 3/8" coarse thread bolt, and used the foam/rubber grommet washer thingy from the Dorman piece on my new bolt; seems to have sealed up ok.

pro tip: don't leave your fan shroud sitting upright on the ground or it may go slightly out of round due to gravity and then your fan will ever so slightly graze that one spot on the shroud. Hoping that resolves itself over time.

Yep, I had the same problem. Got frustrated with the constant tapping so I drilled a small hole in the fan shroud, hooked a small bungie cord to pull it out of the way for a few days until it took the shape where it didn't hit anymore.

Finally got the call from my shop that they figured out why Jeep was riding funky, said the balance on the tires were out of whack and they had to road force balance them. During the process of checking everything over they found my battery was about to kick the bucket.

I must have bad luck with batteries right now since I just had to get a new one, along with a starter, in my 2017 Silverado 1500 about 2 weeks ago😕