What did you do to your TJ today?

What national tire places carry a road force balancer?
It's been so long since I was at a "Corporate" Les Schwab I'm not sure if they still use them or not. I Know all Co. stores used to have one. I Think Firestone and Good Year stores did as well. They're not cheap machines so most likely mom and pop franchise stores probably wont have them.

How heavy was the old one?

Lighter than the new one. The front weighed in at 185lbs.
20201203_112218.jpg

pro tip: don't leave your fan shroud sitting upright on the ground or it may go slightly out of round due to gravity and then your fan will ever so slightly graze that one spot on the shroud. Hoping that resolves itself over time.

That's probably a great tip. I just want to double check what "sitting upright on the ground" really is. Is that almost standing upright (maybe leaning against something) like it's mounted on the radiator but not really mounted to the radiator?

That's probably a great tip. I just want to double check what "sitting upright on the ground" really is. Is that almost standing upright (maybe leaning against something) like it's mounted on the radiator but not really mounted to the radiator?
Yes. More or less leaning against the wall.

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ
Installed my "Christmas present" today. Took about a half hour, most of which was removing and cutting holes in the windshield trim. The instructions had the measurements for locating the holes, but they weren't very precise. I had to enlarge the holes a bit to get the bars to fit, but it wasn't really a big deal. My old grab handles are now going into my daughter's JKU - if I clean them up a bit I might be able to pass them off as her Christmas present...

363.jpg
364.jpg
366.jpg
367.jpg