What did you do to your TJ today?

Started a few projects for the week. One was add two small LED cubes to the light bar. These are single led but really bright and only draw 6w each. Made by or for caterpillar.
View attachment 214072

View attachment 214073

View attachment 214074

Also installing a trans cooler. A nice medium size in front of the radiator. Pulled the headlight and bucket to insert it. Still need to make the mount

View attachment 214075
So I assume you only need one head light when using the LED's?

Dropped the tank. Again. Checked the wiring and it all looked good. Tried to test the sending unit with my multi-meter per the Powertrain Manual and couldn’t get good resistance readings. But given the condition of the wiring, I’m pretty confident it’s not a short. Since a fuel pump is cheaper than a PCM, I think I’ll pick up a Bosch to replace the 3 month old Delphi with, and I’ll just keep the Delphi as a spare if that’s not the issue. And if it’s not the sending unit or the wiring, then per the manual all signs would point to a PCM issue.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I’m all ears...

Popped up the first time I started the Jeep after removed the plow harness that a PO installed. Only issue I had was I dropped my wrench when disconnecting the battery and there was a momentary short to the fender.
P0462
CEL
Fuel level pegged empty
Clear it with a code reader and the fuel gauge works perfectly.
Replaced fuel pump with a Delphi 3 months ago. Had the issue on the first start-up.
Inspected all the wiring I could.

So it’s a short in the wiring I couldn’t find and the shop couldn’t find, a bad Delphi fuel pump out of the box, or the PCM has an issue with the sending unit output.

Added some more stuff to the seat covers. :D

Hubby found this neat utility hatchet. I can now chop down trees that get in my way. :D

41D7820C-6B04-44D5-A7D5-566115D8B43B.jpeg
3A8971B0-BB5B-4F33-ABA7-424115175BED.jpeg

Put everything back together recently after installing some noico sound deadener. I did not do the lowest parts of the tub as the Jeep can easily get rained in during the summer months. Just this amount made a huge difference.

View attachment 213691View attachment 213692
That is very cool. I have been advising that very strategy of partial coverage for years. Nice to know it worked for someone. :)

Finished installing the new flares. Now both front and rear are done. Both Ace Hardware and AtoZ here in Chino had the push pins that hold the inner wheel wells in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamison C
Investigated loose steering column, found one of the nuts hanging onto the last thread with it's fingernails, and the other had completely vanished. Spent two hours digging through my parts jars, parts drawers, parts bags, and parts sacks to no avail. Ordered new nuts M8 1.25

Also discovered the PO's horrible mess of a wiring job that I'm going to have to address at some point. He had installed a fancy head unit with a backup camera, gps, microphone, amp, etc etc and I don't want any of it so I was looking around to see how hard it was going to be to rip out.

Also started installing my Genright cargo rack/tub/bucket whatever its called. Got it all level and straight using some small jackstands I had and a bunch of various shims, drilled the holes, then realized I needed a second set of hands in order to tighten the brackets onto the tub and it got dark on me so I had to put it on pause for the night.

Oh, also finally took some pics of stuff I need to sell, factory 3rd brake light, rear seat and seatbelts, smittybuilt bumper and tire carrier.

Reactions: matkal
Investigated loose steering column, found one of the nuts hanging onto the last thread with it's fingernails, and the other had completely vanished. Spent two hours digging through my parts jars, parts drawers, parts bags, and parts sacks to no avail. Ordered new nuts M8 1.25
Local auto parts stores have good supply of metric nuts.

IMG_6282.jpeg

Please post a review of those kickers, please.
@Moto Mike I don't want to keep you hanging but I haven't installed the speakers yet. I decided instead of installing a small amp that I would upgrade my sketchy head unit at the same time. Instead of an amp, I decided to upgrade to a new radio with a larger internal amp than what I currently have. Besides, the one I had would never keep the time right. 50% of the time the clock was exactly 3 hours off, 49% of the time it would be 2 hours off and that remaining 1% I might get lucky and it would be right but if you blink, you missed it!
Anyway, I'm waiting for this http://bit.ly/34WLYaO to come, should be here by next Tuesday. It has a built-in MOSFET amp that is 45 watts RMS and 100 watt peak x 4. I'm no audio expert so I took the recommendation of the Crutchfield rep I was talking to and we discussed a number of different scenarios and this is what was decided. Mainly because I wanted something easy, yet it will make an improvement to what I currently have. I'm keeping the stock amp and subwoofer so if all goes well, this will be it. If I end up not being satisfied, they have a pretty liberal return policy so I can always send it back, go with a cheaper head unit and get a small (more powerful) amp that I can mount behind the dash somewhere but hopefully this will be good enough. I'd like to avoid doing all that extra work.

I will report back when it's done and I've had a chance to base an opinion....