What did you do to your TJ today?

Got my 03 back from the shop. Check this out.

10 factory axles...3 years old. Seals seeped.

Shop had put longer studs in and national seals...they poured.

He calls 10 factory...they send new seals , new bearings and pay his labor.

I'm impressed they did it, and just as impressed this kid got them too. Any one in North Alabama need to let me hook them up if they need a shop. Cole's Auto Repair.

I 'll be recommending and running 10 Factory from now on if I upgrade other axles.

Bought a small heater for my little shed/shop....gonna do some wiring on my 06 soon in there. Painted it's right front tub/toekick panel with textured paint Sunday.

Pretty sure I want the same in the mirror back up camera in my 06 as my 03....is it me or is it hard to see out of these? The back window is huge. I realize my spares are part of it.

Gonna do some wheel swaps soon just for giggles.

Busy Week.
I did the Bestop High Rock Bumper with Tire Carrier
1 (Medium).jpg

I installed the KC Hilites LED headlights. But I think I need to 'aim' them
LED (Small).jpg

And I found a killer deal on some Emerald Green Half doors :ROFLMAO:
IMG_8841.jpg

Finally got a right sized spare (32x11.5) that hit the bumper when mounted. So I bought the TeraFlex relocation bracket. Tire now fits but It's 2" away from the rubber stabilizer bumpers. Looking for ideas on what to use to extend them.

Finally got a right sized spare (32x11.5) that hit the bumper when mounted. So I bought the TeraFlex relocation bracket. Tire now fits but It's 2" away from the rubber stabilizer bumpers. Looking for ideas on what to use to extend them.
A BL would make it fit on the stock carrier. I run 35s on the stock carriers with a little help.

Reactions: j8ksdad
Going to get rid of the subwoofer console and opting for the dual cup holder option. Now I just need to get a parking brake gasket and I’ll have it where I want.

Most guys slice rubber mallet heads from Harbor Freight.

A wheel spacers is a cheap alternative to extend one out as well.

Replaced the Rancho 9000 with some 5000x, took the top and doors off and went for a ride!
Looking to add the same on my LJ. may be a dumb question, but which 5000's did you put on. Whats the compressed vs extended length.

(my “new to me” LJ has JUST new springs and 33's, so trying to figure out what i need to replace these Monroe shocks the previous owner put on)

1B6D5492-3DE5-4CA8-82AC-5F5CE11B528B.jpeg

65B843A2-C7E9-47DE-8FDF-39821333DAA9.jpeg

F7192A3B-E0A8-4ECE-9A08-8D621F5F58ED.jpeg

BE2E87BE-F177-4156-B34F-8285634ADF83.jpeg

1444938A-46D7-4363-8631-F8AB10C2EC8C.jpeg

Last edited:
I like that snubber extension. Did you put a nutsert in there or something? I removed my mallet when I installed the new bumper.

View attachment 217759
There's a snubber there from the factory. Or at least on my 06 there is. My setup is honestly pretty hanky. It's just some 2.5" ish screws that fit into the factory holes and some nuts and washers to adjust to my liking. And they don't really land squarely on the tire since I'm running JT wheels and an adapter on the stock carrier so the tire sits up higher and cocks the snubbers sideways.

Same thing I do each winter while the Jeep hibernates- waffle between various upgrades and putting a for sale sign on it.
Glad to hear someone else does this. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve written the for sale ad! Seriously considering selling it now for something a little bigger but, I know I’ll end up with a project that will cause me to go over budget and be less capable than this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sea Cot
Threw the Bedrug front and rear kit in. Should help with noise and insulation a bit better than the sprayed tub alone. Also tried to tackle a locked and shut stuck passenger door. Cannot figure it out after numerous YouTube and forum reviews. Called a shop and getting professional help Monday.

20210113_113628.jpg

20210109_160757.jpg

Jeep is from western South Carolina almost zero rust. Previous owner cleaned and painted most of the undercarriage. She’s gets fluid filmed this weekend.
Trying to keep this old girl minty.
I never used fluid film until Installed my savvy sliders raw (steel portion) and man that stuff is amazing. multiple rain falls, dirt and mud and they have been rust free for a month now.

I never used fluid film until Installed my savvy sliders raw (steel portion) and man that stuff is amazing. multiple rain falls, dirt and mud and they have been rust free for a month now.
I used it all over the place now. Boat, yard equipment, snow blower, Jeep. Kids bikes haha. It’s additive.

Reactions: Hog and Tldelaney
A BL would make it fit on the stock carrier. I run 35s on the stock carriers with a little help
@j8ksdad was mentioning that he was working on fitting his 32x11.5 tires and you said that 32's will fit on the stock spare carrier with an added body lift. Just curious about that because I will be going up to 32's in the very near future. I have a 3 part question,
1. the weight isn't an issue for the carrier to go up to a 32" tire?
2. just how high of a BL would you recommend for a 32" tire?
3. do all BL's require a MML? If so, is that all that's required for a BL?

Someone mentioned not too long ago that this thread is too expensive to keep reading...I have to second that!! HAHAHA

Reactions: RINC
Still working on the Mercedes, finishing up the speaker install. Got the new coverlay installed over the new dash speakers today, blah, blah. Just waiting for the glue to dry so I can install the grilles and call it done.

BUT

The Jeep got this today:
264.JPG

You don't really need one of these nearly as badly as you would in a vehicle with power windows (which is yet another reason I don't like power windows), but there still could be need for it, esp. in a Jeep. Bought it with my "eBay Bucks", and in it went!

Last edited: