What did you do to your TJ today?

More work on the broken down seats in my 2001. When I installed the heated seats, I noticed that half of the "springs" in the driver seat bottom were broken.
seat frame.jpg

This image is from eBay, but darned if I could find one that was currently for sale. The wires between the white plastic rods in the above pic are what was broken in my seat, leading to a feeling like I was sitting on a bucket as my fat @ss tried to push down between the metal sides of the frame. Finally gave up and bought 100 feet of "100#" wire at Home Depot and replaced the broken wires with that. While I had it all apart, I wove more strands in between the existing locations, kind of a wire-basket weave situation. Put it all back together and man, what a difference! I still wouldn't do a long road trip in it, but no more butt-pinch! Next time I get the seat out, I'll get some pics and maybe do a writeup on the process.

One of my microprojects that I've been working on in the background is a rear fog lite. I've put ENTIRELY too much effort into this silly thing, but it was cheap enough. Got the lite together finally, with a super brite LED inside. Placed on bumper to see how it looks (pictured) and also tested it tonite (not pictured). This thing is INSANELY brite - I'm going to have to put it on a separate switch as I don't want it on unless I really need it...
DSC00133.JPG

More work on the broken down seats in my 2001. When I installed the heated seats, I noticed that half of the "springs" in the driver seat bottom were broken.
View attachment 219160
This image is from eBay, but darned if I could find one that was currently for sale. The wires between the white plastic rods in the above pic are what was broken in my seat, leading to a feeling like I was sitting on a bucket as my fat @ss tried to push down between the metal sides of the frame. Finally gave up and bought 100 feet of "100#" wire at Home Depot and replaced the broken wires with that. While I had it all apart, I wove more strands in between the existing locations, kind of a wire-basket weave situation. Put it all back together and man, what a difference! I still wouldn't do a long road trip in it, but no more butt-pinch! Next time I get the seat out, I'll get some pics and maybe do a writeup on the process.
Just wow...

One of my microprojects that I've been working on in the background is a rear fog lite. I've put ENTIRELY too much effort into this silly thing, but it was cheap enough. Got the lite together finally, with a super brite LED inside. Placed on bumper to see how it looks (pictured) and also tested it tonite (not pictured). This thing is INSANELY brite - I'm going to have to put it on a separate switch as I don't want it on unless I really need it...
View attachment 219187
Are you planning on flush mounting it in the bumper or on top like tested? I need backup lights and am trying to go this direction....maybe...lol.

Are you planning on flush mounting it in the bumper or on top like tested? I need backup lights and am trying to go this direction....maybe...lol.
On top. It would get knocked off if it were mounted on the face of the bumper, and flush mounting that particular lite is pretty much impossible. I'm probably going to put backup lites on top of the bumper as well.

Did the plugs (ngk) oil (penzoil 10w30 Dino high mileage ) and filter (mopar) and checked the frame, touched up paint were needed, and a 5tire rotation.

also started to replace and the cracked looming all around the engine bay. This allowed me to inspect all the wires as I went. Although small and simple, a nice piece of mind. I’ll end up doing every inch. Will help keep things clean and prevent any chafing / heat issues.
5949BC49-DEB8-4C0B-8E9C-1D2052B07DAC.jpeg

Reactions: Hog
Did the plugs (ngk) oil (penzoil 10w30 Dino high mileage ) and filter (mopar) and checked the frame, touched up paint were needed, and a 5tire rotation.

also started to replace and the cracked looming all around the engine bay. This allowed me to inspect all the wires as I went. Although small and simple, a nice piece of mind. I’ll end up doing every inch. Will help keep things clean and prevent any chafing / heat issues.
View attachment 219312
Thats a pretty good idea. Mine was crumbling at the water temp sensor when I removed the thermostat housing.

Reactions: BlueChip
Just put a new battery into my 2006 LJR. Old battery was 7-8 years old, Super Start. I figured that was a good sign, so I went to O'Reilly and got a new Super Start Platinum Group 34 (34PLT) battery. I learned that these batteries are all made in the USA, in East Penn, PA, where they also make Deka batteries. After turning in my old battery, using my Veteran's discount, and picking it up at the store, it came out right at $200, including tax. Three year warranty. Took about 30 minutes for the actual work, but I also took out the battery tray, washed and repainted it. One thing about these AGM batteries, though. They work fine until they don't. When they are dead, they just stop.
Hope this helps.

View attachment 219160

I had the same issue:
20190213_220925 crop.jpg

AND I had a couple broken springs, plus the torn up cushion. Picked up a used PASSENGER seat locally for $50, which supplied me with a good grid, all the springs I needed, and I was able to easily mod the passenger seat cushion for use on the driver side.

I too, have plans if I need to tear it down again. I want to use a good burlap in place of the cloth-like paper between the wire grid and cushion. Having now redone the seats in my '69 Charger, I know a thing or two, because I've seen a thing or two. (Sorry Farmers Insurance)