What did you do to your TJ today?

Started the in-cab winch control panel (12 Volt Guy) installation:

View attachment 285149
I'm in the midst of installing electric relay box, etc. Might be a good time to do this project as well. Are there good instructions somewhere (no doubt), and is 12v Guy a vendor, or...? Details would be great. THX!

Edit: got off my tail and DuckDuckGo'd him. Glad you did this to prompt my attention.

@Zorba:

I'm curious how your dealings with 12VoltGuy were. I ordered the exact same thing on July 8 from his web site. Paypal sent me a receipt, but I never heard a word from him. I sent several emails over the course of the summer, and didn't receive a single response. Finally, in mid-September, I started the refund process through PayPal, and on September 30, I got a refund due to no response.

I ordered his because I was trying to save time, but now I'm just going to make my own.

sab

@Zorba:

I'm curious how your dealings with 12VoltGuy were. I ordered the exact same thing on July 8 from his web site. Paypal sent me a receipt, but I never heard a word from him. I sent several emails over the course of the summer, and didn't receive a single response. Finally, in mid-September, I started the refund process through PayPal, and on September 30, I got a refund due to no response.

I ordered his because I was trying to save time, but now I'm just going to make my own.

sab
Unable to "Buy" on his website. Sent him a FB Message so we'll see. Gotta be other pre-made out there.

I got the heater box and dash reinstalled just as darkness fell last night and took it for a shake down cruise. I finished putting the bezels and the like on today and everything seems to be working great!:) The picture shows some unusual things I found in the heater box: a clothes pin, an ink pen advertising Shecky the Clown, and a Kenyan half shilling coin.

20211020_130730[10203].jpg

I got the heater box and dash reinstalled just as darkness fell last night and took it for a shake down cruise. I finished putting the bezels and the like on today and everything seems to be working great!:) The picture shows some unusual things I found in the heater box: a clothes pin, an ink pen advertising Shecky the Clown, and a Kenyan half shilling coin.

View attachment 285203
So this jeep belonged to a former president and vice president?????
:cool: 🤫 :oops:

View attachment 285203

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !

View attachment 285203
Shecky lost a few things in your Jeep. Honk honk.

@Zorba:

sab
Interesting that you should ask. As I'm sure you know, his website says how he's waaaay out on filling orders, something like 10 weeks. It took even longer than that to get mine - as he says, he's "one guy doing this as fast as he can". I sent one email which wasn't answered, so I just sat and hoped as I had no other way to contact him. It did eventually show up after about 12 or 14 weeks. You just didn't wait long enough, but I don't blame you for getting a refund.

He really should at least answer emails - telling people on his website to contact him through facesuck is so wrong on so many levels. Very bad business - BUT - his product is BEAUTIFUL when you finally get it. His documentation is superb - printed on 4x6 index cards for whatever odd reason, but clear, concise, and accurate. I ordered his $25 wiring kit as well - well put together, well documented, very nice. He includes the screws, Scotch taps, tye-wraps, and a pair of firewall (or where-ever) grommets. Just nicely done.

The only nit I'll pick has to do with the wiring kit. He supplies a 4 conductor cable to run out to the winch - and only uses 3 of the wires. The unused wire is cut off short - which is really a no-no - one should always just secure an unused wire at its original length because somebody may want/need to use it in the future. Like me - I needed to use that 4th wire for a non-standard, but related function, so I had to splice onto it "the hard way". Certainly nothing to lose sleep over, but a nit nonetheless.

He even includes a template for the panel cut out - on a 4x6 index card! He doesn't print that - its actually hand drawn. I'm pretty sure he does it that way so he doesn't have to worry about printer scaling issues. The template was perfect to aid in cutting the hole - I cut it out, taped it on, and followed it for good results.

Last edited:
Interesting that you should ask. As I'm sure you know, his website says how he's waaaay out on filling orders, something like 10 weeks. It took even longer than that to get mine - as he says, he's "one guy doing this as fast as he can". I sent one email which wasn't answered, so I just sat and hoped. It did eventually show up after about 12 or 14 weeks. You just didn't wait long enough, but I don't blame you for getting a refund.

He really should at least answer emails - telling people on his website to contact him through facesuck is so wrong on so many levels. Very bad business - BUT - his product is BEAUTIFUL when you finally get it. His documentation is superb - printed on 4x6 index cards for whatever odd reason, but clear, concise, and accurate. I ordered his $25 wiring kit as well - well put together, well documented, very nice. He includes the screws, Scotch taps, tye-wraps, and a pair of firewall (or where-ever) grommets. Just nicely done.

The only nit I'll pick has to do with the wring kit. He supplies a 4 conductor cable to run out to the winch - and only uses 3 of the wires. The unused wire is cut off short - which is really a no-no - one should always just secure an unused wire at its original length because somebody may want/need to use it in the future. Like me - I needed to use that 4th wire for a non-standard, but related function, so I had to splice onto it "the hard way". Certainly nothing to lose sleep over, but a nit nonetheless.

He even includes a template for the panel cut out - on a 4x6 index card! He doesn't print that - its actually hand drawn. I'm pretty sure he does it that way so he doesn't have to worry about printer scaling issues. The template was perfect to aid in cutting the hole - I cut it out, taped it on, and followed it for good results.
200.gif

Finished up a few details getting ready for three trips before thanksgiving.

View attachment 284185

View attachment 284186

Found some paint rubbed off on my rear driveline. At some point in articulation, the muffler is rubbing the driveline slightly. Going to remove the flow master and put in a Jones turbo tube.

View attachment 284187

View attachment 284188You wouldnt

Finished up a few details getting ready for three trips before thanksgiving.

View attachment 284185

View attachment 284186

Found some paint rubbed off on my rear driveline. At some point in articulation, the muffler is rubbing the driveline slightly. Going to remove the flow master and put in a Jones turbo tube.

View attachment 284187

View attachment 284188
You wouldn't happen to have any video with the sound difference between those mufflers would you?