What did you do to your TJ today?

Finalizing the stereo upgrade... Recently swapped installed a double-din, added an amp, new Polk speakers in the dash and roll bar pods, along with a set of separate tweeters on the top of the dash. Just finshed up a stealth cover for the 8" powered sub under the driver's seat, and I built a pair of custom kick panels w/pods to add another pair of 6.5" Polk Audio DB652's to the front.

It should soound like a beast when i get it finished.
All that's left to do is cut out the holes, mount the speakers, and wire them in.

IMG_8757.jpg

IMG_8758.jpg

D0D419FD-2E6A-4397-A173-D95109FEB5FD.JPG

B2EAA9E6-67E6-40C2-92C9-F64F8CF7C353.JPG

Finalizing the stereo upgrade... Recently swapped installed a double-din, added an amp, new Polk speakers in the dash and roll bar pods, along with a set of separate tweeters on the top of the dash. Just finshed up a stealth cover for the 8" powered sub under the driver's seat, and I built a pair of custom kick panels w/pods to add another pair of 6.5" Polk Audio DB652's to the front.

It should soound like a beast when i get it finished.
All that's left to do is cut out the holes, mount the speakers, and wire them in.

View attachment 285617

View attachment 285618

View attachment 285619

View attachment 285620

Can you hear me now ?
200.gif

Rear disc conversion is on my list.
When I purchased my '01 a Jeep tech friend and I inspected the rear brakes and found the wheel cylinders weeping, the brake parts were rusted badly, the brake shoes needed replacing and the drum was scoured badly so we I installed a BMB disc brake conversion.
The BMB disc brake conversion kit has performed well since installing and makes brake inspections much easier than with drum brakes.

Last edited:
Can you guys not licence/register a TJ in a non inspection state and just use it without inspection in another state that requires inspection? We can in OZ :) just need a friend in a non inspection state Like where I live!
They bust you when your drivers license says you live in this state and your Jeep is registered in another state. In Tennessee you’ve got ten days to get them to match. Of course you gotta get pulled over or caught in some infraction to get caught.

Finished up the in-cab winch controls - as well as removed the switched cigarette lighter and replaced it with a dual USB charger dingus. I had been using a plug in charger, but like the clean look of the in-place one - I keep a pair of FRS radios plugged into it.

Decided to re-spool my line a bit better than the slop job I'd done after the swim spa fiasco - so I kept a bit of tension on the line while my 8 yo granddaughter ran the winch from inside! Worked great!

Y
Finished up the in-cab winch controls - as well as removed the switched cigarette lighter and replaced it with a dual USB charger dingus. I had been using a plug in charger, but like the clean look of the in-place one - I keep a pair of FRS radios plugged into it.

Decided to re-spool my line a bit better than the slop job I'd done after the swim spa fiasco - so I kept a bit of tension on the line while my 8 yo granddaughter ran the winch from inside! Worked great!
Ya got to love ❤️ them grandkids,I have 4.-14-12-10&10

Went and did some wheeling and ended up needing to use the winch only to find out one of the pins on my connector for the remote had broken off. So dead winch. After some field splicing I got it going and made it out of there.
So a new connector and housing cover are on order. The flip cap that protects the connector pins had gotten old and didn't seal like it used to. I tried to keep it lubed with dielectric grease but Alabama humidity won the battle.

Screenshot_20211023-181433_Chrome.jpg

Pictures...

442.jpg

In-cab control - main power switch turned on which engages the 500 amp solenoid on the firewall.

441.jpg

I've had this built-in style USB dual port charger dingus for several months, but dreaded tearing into the center console once again. But as I needed to connect the winch control panel to switched +12v, I went ahead and bit the bullet and got this thing installed at the same time.

Me and the wife rode over to Coppinger cove to check it out. We saw a bunch of JK'S and followed them to the trail head. We crossed the creek turned around and crossed back.
View attachment 285779View attachment 285778
I would love to go back with some forum members that know the cove and ride around!!!!!
That is beautiful! As a potential Kali defector, Glad to see glimpses of what is available.

That is beautiful! As a potential Kali defector, Glad to see glimpses of what is available.
There are a bunch of YouTube videos of Coppinger cove, 3 threads on here about it also.

I have lived in this area since 1978 and wheeled all around here and never knew of it till this past week.

The area is beautiful and the videos look like good wheeling too!!

Reactions: WSS