What did you do to your TJ today?

No sir, that is a northerners delight.......

I am just an old southern country boy :ROFLMAO:

not really northerner's delight, it's very specifically located in a pretty small region of southeastern Pennsylvania & spilling over into the tri-state areas in Jersey & Delaware. There's some disputes of course as to who makes the best, big Habbersett fan myself, grew up a few miles from their original and only plant, though they've since shut it down & sold to another company, it's still the same recipe I grew up with.

Scrapple is on the menu of every diner in the region. Funny watching people unfamiliar with it see it for the first time, it's hard to get people to try it & I can understand that, kind of nasty when it's all explained, but having eaten it since I was a kid I skipped right over that & it's seriously one of the most unique & tasty things I know of.

Years ago I started using it as a pizza topping, haven't done one for many years however coincidentally I broke one out last weekend for my parents & son.

The classic:

Habberset.png

Best with caramelized onions for the pizza variety, otherwise it's best on a hoagie roll with American cheese

IMG_0474.JPG

the key with scrapple is to fry slowly until the exterior is crunchy

IMG_0478.JPG

onto the pizza with the onions

IMG_0477.JPG

after baking:

IMG_0475.JPG

also made an asparagus pie, fresh asparagus sauteed in olive oil with hot pepper flakes & garlic

IMG_0476.JPG

finished up with a vidalia onion pie as usual, we feasted but good

IMG_0479.JPG

not really northerner's delight, it's very specifically located in a pretty small region of southeastern Pennsylvania & spilling over into the tri-state areas in Jersey & Delaware. There's some disputes of course as to who makes the best, big Habbersett fan myself, grew up a few miles from their original and only plant, though they've since shut it down & sold to another company, it's still the same recipe I grew up with.

Scrapple is on the menu of every diner in the region. Funny watching people unfamiliar with it see it for the first time, it's hard to get people to try it & I can understand that, kind of nasty when it's all explained, but having eaten it since I was a kid I skipped right over that & it's seriously one of the most unique & tasty things I know of.

Years ago I started using it as a pizza topping, haven't done one for many years however coincidentally I broke one out last weekend for my parents & son.

The classic:

View attachment 288281
Best with caramelized onions for the pizza variety, otherwise it's best on a hoagie roll with American cheese

View attachment 288282

View attachment 288283

View attachment 288284

after baking:

View attachment 288285

also made an asparagus pie, fresh asparagus sauteed in olive oil with hot pepper flakes & garlic

View attachment 288286

View attachment 288287
Damn, you always post pictures of delicious food.

We call em chitlins you have to wash them out real good and always cook them outside!!!!! If you cook them inside it takes forever to get the smell out!!!!!
If you have eaten that crap, I'm pretty sure Chris will ban you. Some Va redneck I worked construction with once, said he would make make breakfast for all of us and bring it to the job site. It looked like sausage gravy and I don't touch food other people cook. After everyone else loving it, he announced "did ya'll love them squirrel brains in milk gravy"? I almost puked for them.

Last edited:

The classic:

View attachment 288281

View attachment 288282

View attachment 288283

View attachment 288284

after baking:

View attachment 288285

View attachment 288286

View attachment 288287
I was born with no sense of smell and I swear that smells like roadkill in my mind. I hope you served many jugs of moonshine before dinner.

Last edited:
Have you been to your eye doctor recently? I saw Spam (or fried opossum ) pizza. ;) I think Granny on The Beverly Hillbillies made that.
Spam isn't made that far from me. I rarely eat it but I'm not opposed to it.

And Westown is always cooking or going someplace and posting up great pictures of it.

Spam isn't made that far from me. I rarely eat it but I'm not opposed to it.

And Westown is always cooking or going someplace and posting up great pictures of it.
"Great" is subjective. I prefer eating things I didn't run over with my Jeep. I've seen Va rednecks scraping deer off the road to make a Westown Willy classic dish. ;) I think good hot sauce covers odors or so I'm told. I really wish I was born with a sense of smell now. I never understood people plugging their nose to drink crap that they thought tasted bad (women and beer). I think it's easier to just not drink it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fonz54
"Great" is subjective. I prefer eating things I didn't run over with my Jeep. I've seen Va rednecks scraping deer off the road to make a Westown Willy classic dish. ;) I think good hot sauce covers odors or so I'm told. I really wish I was born with a sense of smell now. I never understood people plugging their nose to drink crap that they thought tasted bad.
I grew up with friends on the deer crash call hotline so they could go get the deer if anyone hit one. Which was pretty much daily where I grew up.

I grew up with friends on the deer crash call hotline so they could go get the deer if anyone hit one. Which was pretty much daily where I grew up.
I saw a buck with a HUGE rack get it's head cut off on the side of the road, after getting hit by a car. I'm not a vegetarian, but killing any animal that isn't a Dem doesn't seem nice.

I'm tyred... :ROFLMAO:

"Bianca" beat the shit outta me in her class last nite, it was pretty intense even for one of her classes. Aches and pains all over. I'm going to see her at a video shoot we're doing this Saturday - and "give her the business" for all the pain she's caused me! She'll just laugh...

What makes it worse is that she shared with me before the class that she wasn't feeling particularly well, and was going to take it easy... Riiiiiiiight - she overcompensates! :eek:
85845296.jpg