What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed the UCF Engine/Oil Pan guard that finally show up this week. Front drive shaft no longer is smacking the crossmember. Centered the steering wheel.

Took the LJ on a real test run now that the lift install in complete. Feels good up to 60/65 mph. Except for a fun death wobble that occurs over 45mph if I hit a bump straight on. Hopefully I can find time this week to double check torques and toe in. Hopefully that will find the issue. 60 hour week at work coming up due to $#(*&% Mandate and other CT techs being out due to CoVid.

The slide out cutting board is a nice touch. Does it support the pressure of actually cutting things on it?
Not really, It was actually an after thought (wife not happy I stole a chopping board :) ) It can hold light stuff but its really a simple slide out put back in kind of thing to cut up my fishing bait or maybe an onion or two.

Last edited:
Made a tailgate table out of scraps
seems a bit odd but like tailgate table, like owner 😆
I sat squatted on the OEM bumper having a beer I thought Wow it took less time to make than @L J did to screw those coffee cans to his boots so he can mount his jeep lol :)
at 6'2" I've no need for coffee cans ya sauced-up midget 🤤

Last edited:
Yesterday, I swapped out the battery, idler pulley, tensioner pulley and threw a new belt at it. The squeaking is still there, so water pump needs to be addressed next.

Then I took it for a drive this morning, got about 40 more miles on it.

We also got our first snow last week, so I need to start looking for some snow shoes for the TJ. Anyone have any suggestions steel wheel/tire combo that does good in the snow? We normally get a few feet a year.

@TJ4Jim sent 2 tow hooks to Australia and I think it cost about $80 postage lol
I ship things to Ukraine from US often, no stranger to dashing out $200 just to have some stupid $50 bulky trinket delivered...
Then in contrast, when i order from China, those monkeys manage to ship a container for $2 ... like wtf.

lights before lockers…finished rewiring the POs driving lights with a nice lighted switch. While I refuse to have a Facepage account, my wife’s has proven to be a great source of parts. Picked up these NIB steel 17x8 5x4.5 procomps so I don’t need to use spacers on my new tires.

92B67B4C-D7BA-4D10-B777-5D8E678549B5.jpeg

E08FFAA6-763B-4DE9-81EB-D15010978D5B.jpeg

DF005908-A011-4FE1-AE23-BFA529F8AEEA.jpeg

Today I attempted much more than I succeeded in completing. I recently picked up a 99 TJ that needs a lot of work. I knew that and wanted to do the work. Cuz I’m an idiot.

Today was steering. Pump, pulley, hoses, gear, pitman arm, drag link, steering stabilizer, and tie rod, all replaced. Well, mostly. Waiting for a pitman arm nut and washer that’s coming tomorrow, then will get it aligned and then add the stabilizer.

I also have all new core 4x4 control arms waiting to go on, as well as billstien shocks. Have to get the old shocks off first. First one put up a hell of a fight. I hate rusty nuts and bolts.

Oh, also have all new weatherstripping and sound deadening as this thing is loud and leaks like crazy.

Then I’ll probably take a break for the winter and enjoy it. Sound system is first up in the spring. It also needs a paint job badly.

E7FF27F4-8255-4694-A17E-A90F87FCCFC3.jpeg

Yesterday, I swapped out the battery, idler pulley, tensioner pulley and threw a new belt at it. The squeaking is still there, so water pump needs to be addressed next.

Then I took it for a drive this morning, got about 40 more miles on it.

We also got our first snow last week, so I need to start looking for some snow shoes for the TJ. Anyone have any suggestions steel wheel/tire combo that does good in the snow? We normally get a few feet a year.
I loved my Duratracs in the winter. They’re great tires (tyres? 🤣) in almost everything. I’d say they do ok in the rain. I’ve dealt with many nor’easters, and I never had to shovel myself out during any of them. Most I would have to do is drop it in 4Lo, and I’d just sit back and let ‘em eat! Got where I needed to go every time.

I also had a set of KO2s on my JK that performed well. I’m tempted to buy a set for the TJ and see how they do, as I now live in an area that get a lot of rain at times.

4 cans of degreaser across the undercarriage & engine bay then finished with a pressure rinse. also a quick shotty hand wash across the body/tub.

weathers warm today and tomorrow @ 60 degrees so im prepping for fluid film tomorrow & soon to be put in winter storage.

learned today ive been collecting mud at the top of the front coil spring perches. evidently theres a pretty deep pocket for mud to collect in up there. brushed past the area with a 90 degree angled fitting at the end of the pressure washer nozzle and holy hell the amount of mud that blew out of the area surprised me. rinsed thoroughly until water came out clear. gonna have to add that to the places to frequently blast out like the inner frame.

generic photo from online of where I found a collection of mud hidden.
B9029752-8A61-4CF6-8B54-33AA0CDD97F4_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: matkal
4 cans of degreaser across the undercarriage & engine bay then finished with a pressure rinse. also a quick shotty hand wash across the body/tub.

weathers warm today and tomorrow @ 60 degrees so im prepping for fluid film tomorrow & soon to be put in winter storage.

learned today ive been collecting mud at the top of the front coil spring perches. evidently theres a pretty deep pocket for mud to collect in up there. brushed past the area with a 90 degree angled fitting at the end of the pressure washer nozzle and holy hell the amount of mud that blew out of the area surprised me. rinsed thoroughly until water came out clear. gonna have to add that to the places to frequently blast out like the inner frame.

View attachment 289027
Sometimes design engineers are stupid.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I loved my Duratracs in the winter. They’re great tires (tyres? 🤣) in almost everything. I’d say they do ok in the rain. I’ve dealt with many nor’easters, and I never had to shovel myself out during any of them. Most I would have to do is drop it in 4Lo, and I’d just sit back and let ‘em eat! Got where I needed to go every time.

I also had a set of KO2s on my JK that performed well. I’m tempted to buy a set for the TJ and see how they do, as I now live in an area that get a lot of rain at times.
I'll take a look at the Duratracs, I've got a buddy who runs KO2s in the summer but not in the winter. I was thinking about a set of General Grabber AT/Xs or something of that nature.

This will be my first winter in the TJ, hopefully we'll see some snow and not just cold.

Reactions: HBomber8
7CF695A8-1720-4AF4-9237-8F29B17CA579.jpeg

1st drive since I’ve basically rebuilt the front end, new tires. wheels.. Johnny joint( only half way done on those).. no rear steer and she drove great!.. at parts store getting more grease!!

View attachment 289027
I used these in those holes as well as the frame holes by the wheel wells. They fit pretty good.
14DA54A4-7B3C-4C3A-B862-44EE8CE1DF5D.jpeg

I used these in those holes as well as the frame holes by the wheel wells. They fit pretty good.
View attachment 289087

Same here. I pulled one out the other day after them being there for 2 to 3 years and it was clean as could be.

IMG_6892.JPG
577b9997-08e0-48da-afdf-3b0c22a3f4ee.jpg