What did you do to your non-TJ Jeep today?

Best 2.5L Jeep upgrade? Remove the 2.5L
B490766B-DE68-4524-B24C-84F88C434EB1.jpeg
EB63C35F-BC17-4D68-B945-A07756981A54.jpeg

My DD YJ needed new ujoints.
D7A9184B-4DAB-42A6-AA16-6CC0C96A5D53.jpeg
56AE45EA-6294-482C-A376-482DDDDC4FCB.jpeg

I was in ahurry and overlooked the fact that I asked for two(2) 1310 joints..I’ll take the day off and reattack Wednesday.

Last edited:
I miss the lower 48

My daughter wrecked our XK? About year and a half ago. Simple parts from the junk yard would fix it.

But Alas. Everything in Alaska is through the roof in pricing

2DC7AED2-B646-44B4-AFD4-BE1E5DF24550.jpeg

@JMT I have yet to dig in, will I be able to amp ^this^ and really take advantage of it? Or do I need to go to an aftermarket head unit to really make music sound good, clear, clean, and loud?

It's my thinking that no matter what head unit, once it hits an amp, its really going to wake up. Am I way off here?

@JMT I have yet to dig in, will I be able to amp ^this^ and really take advantage of it? Or do I need to go to an aftermarket head unit to really make music sound good, clear, clean, and loud?

It's my thinking that no matter what head unit, once it hits an amp, its really going to wake up. Am I way off here?
You can use a line in to hook up an amp and everything (clarity) from there will depend on the amp and speakers. So yeah, very doable.

Scored two brand New Old Stock (NOS) YJ radios from a gentleman in Canada.

one for a YJ restore and one to flip and find a good home for.

Pretty cool, IMO, to find brand nee parts from the 90’s. Now if I can just find my old Metallica cassette tapes...View attachment 132501View attachment 132502View attachment 132503View attachment 132500
NICE FIND! Please don't tell me that the Canadian vendor lives close to me!

A few days ago I took my "non TJ" MJ on a 3 hr. round trip to buy a $20 original XJ/MJ radio. I wanted to exercise my MJ more than I needed another radio. The roads were dry (no snow) so away I went. At $20 I was glad the guy was trying to find a new home for it. Too often they get thrown in the trash. If I can't use it I will be happy to pass it on to another XJ/MJ owner.

I recently picked up a period correct after market JVC radio that was still in the vehicle. When I turned it on it was even on the channel I listen to most often. Time to hit the flea markets for a supply of cassettes which usually go for a couple of bucks each.

19-04-15 3.JPG
s-l1600.jpg
18-08-15 2.JPG

NICE FIND! Please don't tell me that the Canadian vendor lives close to me!

A few days ago I took my "non TJ" MJ on a 3 hr. round trip to buy a $20 original XJ/MJ radio. I wanted to exercise my MJ more than I needed another radio. The roads were dry (no snow) so away I went. At $20 I was glad the guy was trying to find a new home for it. Too often they get thrown in the trash. If I can't use it I will be happy to pass it on to another XJ/MJ owner.

I recently picked up a period correct after market JVC radio that was still in the vehicle. When I turned it on it was even on the channel I listen to most often. Time to hit the flea markets for a supply of cassettes which usually go for a couple of bucks each.

View attachment 132676View attachment 132680View attachment 132681
Geez, I thought it was a rare find and there you go showing off a used one that looks just as clean and new as mine. Nice find.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Geez, I thought it was a rare find and there you go showing off a used one that looks just as clean and new as mine. Nice find.
That's the pic that the vendor used in the ad that I responded to. I'm pretty sure that it's not the one I got. It looks good but the pic looks perfect … like yours which is NEW!

I'm always on the look out for these at flea markets. They're hard to find. They're also hard to repair. I understand that the ones with a digital face are hard to get parts for so very few repair guys even touch them.