What did you do to your non-TJ Jeep today?

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hit a salvage yard this weekend that had a perfect front passenger XJ fender in the same color code my Son’s Jeep needed. 2nd week driving last year a lady backed right into him. Also scored a fully functional overhead console with wiring harness for $15. Overall a nice haul. Cleaned up and installed the fender Sunday. Man XJs are dead simple to work on.
311ccb7c485a133ccf650b6aa3ddb01d.jpg

a06dda737a3eb6ddacdb443eab4c7a0e.jpg

34b604dd3a036d1b11969e0f7f3002d6.jpg

47c704d0749c1367de64b8c74d84576a.jpg

Went to fire up my 03 Chevy today and nothing, nada, not even a beep. Checked the volts and 2V. Optima red less than a year old. I am pretty done with those now. Sick of throwing good money away on crap batteries. So I am looking for a new quality battery. Went to Interstate but they were closed, so going to check them out on Mondayish.

• Wow
Reactions: JeepZilla380
I think there is one thing that makes the TJs special, and I think many of us think the same. It's the last real Jeep. Something about the Jeep died when they started making the JKs and the even worse JLs. Just doesn't seem to be a Jeep. I will try to hold on to and maintain my 06TJ. Not to sell , but I think they will become a classic as the last in a long line of America's great inventions.

My Son started his first job a few months back and really wanted to add a front bumper to his XJ. So this week was bumper week for his and mine. Wednesday evening installed his new EAG bumper. Sucker is heavy! We are planning to move the cubes down, they seem out of place up on the bull bar, but other than that he was stoked.

I rebuilt the carburetor on my '51 last week, but I've managed to lose one of the nuts that secure the throttle body to the manifold so I'm out looking for another set. If I find some I'll reinstall the carb, install a working (salvaged) starter, and see if I can get her to turn over.

Flew home from business in Chicago to a Check Engine light on my 96 F150 in the parking lot. Well I happened to have my OBD scanner behind the seat so I hooked it up and... P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold... I laughed and cleared it. I know i've been running a lot of AvGas in my truck (remnants of daily sump fuel, filtered of course). I'll back off on that for awhile.

Reactions: Blondie70
Nothing because I don't have one. I wish I could get a JK or a JL in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: 02GreenTJ
Not today, per se, but this weekend. . . so far. It's been beater maintenance weekend.

'13 Outback: finally fixed the ambient temp sensor wire harness. I block of ice took it out during winter '17. de-corroded the battery terminals. Discovered hood struts need to be replaced.

'03 Cooper S: washed it, filled 'er up, enjoyed some spirited driving.

'07 Ram: scored 11 instrument panel bulbs and two taillight grommets from the u-pull ($2 for all!), then installed the parts. Replaced OEM fog lap with used one from eBay. Replaced license plate lights and reverse lights. Fixed front wheel scraping noise (likely dust shield scraping on rotor, but greased all caliper clips and contact points. Lubed and adjusted tail gate latch (PO had the gate strapped up). Repaired the LR door electrical harness.

Started to collect more and more parts for one of my YJ builds. Hoping to get down to Alabama a lot next month to do start major surgery on the Jeep.

Almost hit the button on a new GenRight stretch tank. But asked another built YJ owner about his after seeing his youtube video, comment section, nonetheless!

And scored! He was going to be pulling his. He asked for a downpayment. He pulled it in a night, I drove down today to take it off his hands.
5B36E05A-2983-4A31-BC1C-972282E8E0C2.jpeg

My YJ project is starting to make some momentum. Ive been able to make the trip down to Alabama the last two weekends in a row.
Was able to pull the following last Saturday afternoon:
  • Skid plate
  • Front and Rear driveshafts
  • NP231 Transfercase shifter
  • AX5 Shifter
  • NP231 Transfercase
  • AX-5 Transmission
  • Exhaust w/ muffler
I’m pulling the 2.5 engine, radiator, and harness this afternoon.
B02675F8-D402-4C5D-B2B6-CB04054B8D22.jpeg
E1414801-D559-412C-BAEC-753454292B18.jpeg