What did you do to your other vehicle today?

Yea, I'm lucky I didn't bite my tongue with this one! I didn't torque it down any more the last time than I did any other time, yet the leak stopped. Thank Goddess - I hate chickenshit candyass problems like that!
It's always the " easy ones " that bite you in the butt!

Reactions: Zorba
Replaced the passenger window regulator on the wife’s 07 accord. She said she was putting the window up and heard a loud pop. Then window stopped going up. After removing the old one, looks like the cable just broke.

86BC1566-B164-48C3-ACE2-C57781147EFD.jpeg

Put the new splash pan on the Chevy. You'd never expect that a thin piece of plastic, held on with four 10mm bolts, would be such a pain in the ass to install with only two hands.

I converted my 1988 Comanche MJ from a closed cooling system to an open system. Closed systems are on all RENIX XJ's and MJ's (1987 to 1990). It now seems weird to look under the hood and see a rad cap!

It's a pretty easy job. The main part I needed was a rad from a 1991+ XJ but I replaced the water pump, fan clutch, thermostat and housing, all of the hoses, etc. while I was at it. Most guys get an over flow tank from a later Jeep, another vehicle or some of the generic ones that are available. I converted the original MJ pressure tank, which is a weak point in a closed system, to operate as an over flow tank so it still looks like an original system. I also got rid of the original heater control valve so it now operates using the dashboard controls (like a TJ).

Last edited:
5.7L Ram 2500, replaced AC compressor, condenser, dryer, and a couple lines. . . . just in time for fall/winter. While sleep deprived, possibly tipsy, bought a Mopar EGR valve for the truck and planned to install it. . . until I discovered the EGR block plate and learned the 2500s don't have EGR. I knew it didn't have MDS though.

Polished the '07 Ram turd this weekend. Interior detail including hot water extraction followed by rub, polish, and wax.
185k, life-long MI truck. I bought a Texas bed for it this summer and have been procrastinating on dealing with the oxidation. Still on on the search for a patriot blue tailgate. Ran out of time before attending to the black trim and such.

Interior after:

20211030_170021.jpg

Bed before:

20211031_134832.jpg

Truck after:

20211031_170543.jpg

Reactions: RINC and Cheesy
I converted my 1988 Comanche MJ from a closed cooling system to an open system. Closed systems are on all RENIX XJ's and MJ's (1987 to 1990). It now seems weird to look under the hood and see a rad cap!

It's a pretty easy job. The main part I needed was a rad from a 1991+ XJ but I replaced the water pump, fan clutch, thermostat and housing, all of the hoses, etc. while I was at it. Most guys get an over flow tank from a later Jeep, another vehicle or some of the generic ones that are available. I converted the original MJ pressure tank, which is a weak point in a closed system, to operate as an over flow tank so it still looks like an original system. I also got rid of the original heater control valve so it now operates using the dashboard controls (like a TJ).

I was happy with the way the above turned out so I converted my XJ from a closed cooling system to an open system as well. It was the same job with the same plus a few extra parts. One big difference was that I completely removed the air conditioning. It worked (so so) but I never used it. It's nice to now have the extra space under the hood ... and again, a real rad cap!

Both now with good cooling and heating ...

17-12-23 3.jpg

Wow...I didn't know this thread existed.. But then again, I don't really do much to my other vehicles, 'cept drive them. I suppose I can post updates to the 78 GMC motorhome here. Probably right up @Zorba's alley. No electronics, just good old carbureted iron.

Reactions: RINC
Wow...I didn't know this thread existed.. But then again, I don't really do much to my other vehicles, 'cept drive them. I suppose I can post updates to the 78 GMC motorhome here. Probably right up @Zorba's alley. No electronics, just good old carbureted iron.
Ooooh! A GMC motorhome! I do know that you have to be "dedicated" to own one, but there's nothing else like them on the road!

Reactions: Mike_H
Ooooh! A GMC motorhome! I do know that you have to be "dedicated" to own one, but there's nothing else like them on the road!
Dedicated is one way to put it. It's quite like Jeep ownership... There is a small but rabid group of fans that support them no matter what. Of the 13500 or so made, about 8500 are still accounted for and driving around. Those are good odds.

In case you've missed it, I do have a small "build" thread here

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/my-1978-gmc-motorhome.45354/post-770931
Honestly, I think it gets more attention than my TJ build, lol

Reactions: Zorba and RINC
Dedicated is one way to put it. It's quite like Jeep ownership... There is a small but rabid group of fans that support them no matter what. Of the 13500 or so made, about 8500 are still accounted for and driving around. Those are good odds.

In case you've missed it, I do have a small "build" thread here

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/my-1978-gmc-motorhome.45354/post-770931
Honestly, I think it gets more attention than my TJ build, lol

You may like the site 67-72chevytrucks.com. All kinds of info on the site, not just the 67 to 72 trucks. I am RINC on there also.