What did you do to your other vehicle today?

Subaru: I replaced the exhaust resonator, mid-pipe, and muffler. The job was super easy. Shop quoted $800, but I got it done for ~$280 parts and 90min time. Also replaced both front wheel bearings. The passenger side was noisy and needed more convincing to remove. The job went well and the 800mg of Motrin was a reminder of saving a ton of money for doing DIY repairs/maintenance.

soobhub.jpg

Finally made time to hammer down a popped valley section, record metal thickness measurements, and send a RFQ to Lock-N-Stitch in hopes of being being able to save the block using their stitching pins. Saving the block means returning the '66 Ford 427 tunnelport to its former glory and then finding a project or a new owner for it.

20230102_130317.jpg

Changed the oil in the old MBZ, then changed its headlite bulbs. The headlites seem to be getting dim - I don't know if its from 15 year old bulbs or I'm just used to the Jeep. As I had a set of new H4s onhand, I put them in. If I'm still unhappy, I'll get a set of beamtechs like I put in the Jeep. Now in the middle of sewing a new "WheelSkin" steering wheel cover on - the old one took a powder due to hand sanitizer use (who knew?) - forgot how tedious this is to do. However, its going better than the last time about 20 years ago as I can get the lacing really tight thanx to my corset hook. "Tight is Right"

DSC01762.JPG

That what they use for navel piercings!

Speaking of navel piercings - our holiday showcase was photographed by a sub-standard photog, everybody's bitching about how bad these pix are. The photos of the troupe performances I was in were just as bad as the rest. My dance teacher's hubby is a pretty decent photog himself, he wanted to see what the hell happened, so he examined the pictures very closely. Turns out - in about 4 of them - my navel barbel was what the camera focused on! Bright and sparkly, but due to a very shallow depth of field, that was about the ONLY thing that was in focus! I haven't laughed so hard in years... :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: RINC and ColoJeep
Speaking of navel piercings - our holiday showcase was photographed by a sub-standard photog, everybody's bitching about how bad these pix are. The photos of the troupe performances I was in were just as bad as the rest. My dance teacher's hubby is a pretty decent photog himself, he wanted to see what the hell happened, so he examined the pictures very closely. Turns out - in about 4 of them - my navel barbel was what the camera focused on! Bright and sparkly, but due to a very shallow depth of field, that was about the ONLY thing that was in focus! I haven't laughed so hard in years... :ROFLMAO:

1672876602733.gif

Ive been test driving new trucks to replace my "beater" 2012 Honda Accord. So, needed to change the oil on the Accord before I traded it in.

Looking for something that can easily tow my LJ and handle some snow

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and RINC
The Expedition expedition is (mostly) complete! Here's a pic of it now, in all it's farm-dust glory:

Expedition-small.jpg

As with most projects, my mild OCD caused scope creep. I kept finding new things to mess with. I'm headed into the Colorado backcountry next week for some winter camping with some friends, and I realized that the SmittyBilt winch that I removed from my LJ and restored was just sitting in one of the outbuildings. Hmmm. With tire chains and a winch, I'd really be ready for the backcountry. A quick search revealed a Warn kit to mount the winch up in the space behind the bumper between the radiator and engine, so I ordered it. I then converted to synthetic line and added a WRG Safety Thimble:

Secret Weapon-small.jpg

I still have a few things to finish up, but it's pretty much ready for the trip! Unfortunately, the scope creep kept me from getting to the extensive LJ mods over my two-week holiday vacation, which ends Sunday. Guess what my New Year's Resolution is? Yup, get that LJ project going...

The arthritis in just about all my joints is not digging all this manual labor. In addition to the Expedition expedition, I've kept busy with other projects, like replacing a wax ring on a toilet, and this gem right here:

Broken Cleanout.jpg

I had to fix a broken cleanout in my rainwater collection system. It got runt over!

I'll probably start a build thread once my LJ project is underway...

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
Disclaimer, this isn't my truck but has been in my possession for the better part of 20 years. The truck is a 72 C10, short wheel base with a 502... it's a lot of fun.
The owner decided to do some upgrades and maybe take the grandkids for a ride.

20230106_175000.jpg

20230106_174916.jpg

Took the fuel tank out of the cab and installed a new EFI tank to support the Holly sniper EFI system. This was about a easy install as you could ask for, so far we are impressed.

20230106_140752.jpg

Since we had to remove the seat to take the tank out, might as well install sound deadener and new carpet.

20230106_174851.jpg

And yet to be installed, new brake booster/reservoir. It would already be installed but yours truly cut the connecting rod too short and had a LOT of trouble finding a replacement. 🤣 🤣

Disclaimer, this isn't my truck but has been in my possession for the better part of 20 years. The truck is a 72 C10, short wheel base with a 502... it's a lot of fun.
The owner decided to do some upgrades and maybe take the grandkids for a ride.

View attachment 389749

View attachment 389750

Took the fuel tank out of the cab and installed a new EFI tank to support the Holly sniper EFI system. This was about a easy install as you could ask for, so far we are impressed.

View attachment 389751

Since we had to remove the seat to take the tank out, might as well install sound deadener and new carpet.

View attachment 389752

And yet to be installed, new brake booster/reservoir. It would already be installed but yours truly cut the connecting rod too short and had a LOT of trouble finding a replacement. 🤣 🤣

I only get to drive my dad's hot rod when both of my vehicles are down.
20160501_192124.jpg

Replaced the coil and plug wires on my 'preferred vehicle'...
Then pulled the failed tuner and put things back to stock (for now).
1673063658630.png

Bike stalled out on my Christmas day ride, so it needed some attention. This, after just replacing/rebuilding the primary (chain, tensioner, etc.), clutch (basket & cage), compensator, rotor, head bearings, and IAC valve last month...
1673064179113.png

Here's a pic from better times.
1673064098497.png