What did you do to your other vehicle today?

Nothing! My car has been @ Spirit West Auto Body & Collision, outside of St Louis, since 11/21. So far they have tallied up over 38k just to be able to roll it into the body shop. The guy who hit me was only carrying 25k in liability (Progressive) so my policy (USAA) is handling the repairs. I owned the car less than 3 weeks before the accident. Hope I get it back before it's a year old.🤬

Doesn't look that bad does it?

20221119_160204.jpg

Nothing! My car has been @ Spirit West Auto Body & Collision, outside of St Louis, since 11/21. So far they have tallied up over 38k just to be able to roll it into the body shop. The guy who hit me was only carrying 25k in liability (Progressive) so my policy (USAA) is handling the repairs. I owned the car less than 3 weeks before the accident. Hope I get it back before it's a year old.🤬

Doesn't look that bad does it?

View attachment 404931

I'm surprised they didn't total it if you're already up to $38K. Yikes!

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Replaced the front brake pads and rotors on my '14 Grand Cherokee OL EcoDiesel. Original brakes lasted 130K miles - not bad considering how heavy this thing is and how it gets driven.

Reactions: Modoc Guy and Zorba
Simple oil change on the KL. Even with a stahlbus valve I managed to spill some on concrete when I moved the pan to underneath the oil filter🤦‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
1k for new tires on the mini van…more than I paid for my BFG KO2s

I feel your pain, I paid about $900 at Costco for the wife’s minivan about 2 months ago.

Separately, wife said the brakes were squeaking this weekend. Nope, they were grinding. I changed those yesterday.

Minivans are the new Jeep?! 😀

I feel your pain, I paid about $900 at Costco for the wife’s minivan about 2 months ago.

Separately, wife said the brakes were squeaking this weekend. Nope, they were grinding. I changed those yesterday.

Minivans are the new Jeep?! 😀

Yup $992 at Costco. I swear for as good as the Odessy is as a people hauler, the the OEM tires and brakes are crap.

Changed oil in the F150. I've been running Shell 5-30 but it has gotten hard to find and over $45 for 5qt jug. Went to Walmart and found Quaker State synthetic for only $45 for 10 qts.

Changed oil in the F150. I've been running Shell 5-30 but it has gotten hard to find and over $45 for 5qt jug. Went to Walmart and found Quaker State synthetic for only $45 for 10 qts.

Why not run the Motorcraft? Also from Walmart and not that expensive.

Interesting, I thought all Walmart's carried it.

To be honest, that was the first Walmart I've stepped into in years. I am sure they do carry it, but it wasn't there this weekend. I have seen it at Advance Auto Parts but I've always glanced over it because I knew the shell had a slight edge over it with their additives and wear protection (is it enough to matter? I dont know). Quaker is owned by Shell, so thats why I went with it.

Reactions: Apparition
Added a softopper to the Gladiator. I had one on my Ram Rebel as well. Well, I do think they’re a bit over priced, they are very very handy and I think it looks pretty damn cool too!

A crappy picture from when I first put it on. I have since adjusted it so it sits much closer to the cab.

9636E053-02F3-45AA-A87D-916461E7D781.jpeg

Got a better look at the craptastic wiring job on this $350 trailer:

DSC01823.JPG

DSC01821.JPG

DSC01824.JPG

As "Jake Sully" said when told the Dragon would try to kill him: "Outstanding!"

So this is turning out about the same as my M8000 winch did: Good enough deal, but I have to redo EVERYTHING the PO did thinking it was an "improvement". The wirenuts are a nice touch: Correctly placed to hold water!

• Haha
Reactions: tworley
I’m about to out these on my Jeep—I haven’t opened the box since I got the LJ with the “dual top” option. I immediately took off the soft top and never touched the windows. They’re pristine.

1B735A3A-0D3F-49CA-85AD-B3A8E40C1FB3.jpeg

Reactions: Zorba