What did you do to your TJ today?

Took off work for my birthday. Had a couple appointments. Drove around with the top on, but no uppers and the rear window opened up. Driving was the highlight of my day.

Also finished padding out the new door cart. A couple of anti-fatigue mats from Harbor Freight did the trick.

View attachment 521269

Happy birthday buddy 🎂

Try Rust-Oleum Wipe New. It lasts 1 to 2 years. Top recommendation in Consumer Reports testing. Make sure you follow the instructions.
I tried that stuff when I first bought my Jeep. My wife said it stinks bad! I wouldn't know, since I can't smell anything.
Rubi 6 9 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Can you share designs for that again? I should probably make one for myself.

Absolutely.

Link: https://formufit.com/blogs/news/pvc-auto-door-stand

As I said, I modified mine a bit to give it the taller mid-section. So the types and quantities of Formufit pieces was different than shown in the link.

I bought one pack of 4-way pieces (not two), substituting one pack of 5-way pieces for the bottom and middle connectors on the middle section. I also bought one pack of 2-way connectors for the top crossbar.

The measurement modifications I made were: 7" instead of 6.5" for the shortest PVC sections, and the middle risers were 18" just like the side risers.

Advice: I bought casters with bolts 3/8" diameter and 1" length. If you can find casters with longer bolts, you'll have less headache. Maybe even look at 1/2" bolts, they should fit in the end caps.

Assembly: After jamming one PVC piece into the Formufit connector and it not easily contacting the internal ledge where it would fully seat, I figured something slick would help assembly. (I didn't want to bang on the pieces with a mallet and mar them.) I grabbed whatever I had within reach out in the garage that wasn't liquid or too staining, in my case some Mink Oil. I slathered a bit on the PVC external ends and the connector internals and everything seated easily afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: JasterMereel42
I tried that stuff when I first bought my Jeep. My wife said it stinks bad! I wouldn't know, since I can't smell anything.
View attachment 521411

Yes, it sinks! It has a strong solvent odor since it's solvent based not oil based. I think that's part of the reason it lasts so long. Also important to apply AS DIRECTED

Reactions: TheBoogieman