What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally got the Jeep back from the body shop! Looking clean, the rust spots and paint problems are fixed and I got the half doors repainted! Though once I got home I did notice the new passenger side fender is not perfectly lined up so it may have to go back😕 Always something! Lol
(Forgot to take a picture of the half doors🤦‍♂️)

20200917_155434.jpg
20200917_193949.jpg

I posted a couple days ago about changing my tranny and tcase fluid. I hadn't driven it after that, primarily because my starter died right after, which I also posted about. I don't think its a placebo effect, but my tranny seems to shift significantly better (5 speed nv3550). I used the actual mopar oil because I had some from my truck, not the Redline. It was a bit finicky getting into first gear when stopped before, now it seems to slide in with no trouble whatsoever. Of course looking at all the work I've done recently and what the previous owner didn't do, it was probably the original oil.....

Changed the rear lower control arms for some boxed pro comp units(I know I know) Heavier and beefier than the stock units that looked as if they twisted and stayed that way. Applied some naval jelly to the underside and forward facing axle components as well as sprayed liberal amounts of kroil to all the nuts and bolts I will be meddling with in the next few weeks.

Painted with POR15 the rear GenRight tube flares I got in order to replace the stock plastic ones later on.

Started to get that fall chill up here in the northeast so I put the rear windows back in. Did a full frame and body channel flush and cleaned behind the rock sliders. Pic below is all the sand and dirt that was hiding. Also finally replaced the stock accordion boot with a leather shift boot. I was having some binding going into 3rd gear that was caused by the bezel and thick rubber boot bunching up to the point I was having to pull the bezel out to free up the boot to shift clean. Hoping this eliminates that.

0A275A36-0D8B-4AC3-8494-958743335F3E.jpeg

8421065F-1B85-4DDB-8747-22AE6214EADC.jpeg

128D7BE8-B06E-4E78-A2B6-409D743F1E0D.jpeg

I got started with the process of replacing the carpet, refurbishing the seat brackets (new bushings lubrication etc.) and installing sound deadening. Also have new LED Headlights to install (2020 OEM's from Mopar).

Getting a pretty strong squeaking sound from the left front when I turn to the right..... so pulling the wheels and checking the hubs/ball joints is also on the list.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Started to get that fall chill up here in the northeast so I put the rear windows back in. Did a full frame and body channel flush and cleaned behind the rock sliders. Pic below is all the sand and dirt that was hiding. Also finally replaced the stock accordion boot with a leather shift boot. I was having some binding going into 3rd gear that was caused by the bezel and thick rubber boot bunching up to the point I was having to pull the bezel out to free up the boot to shift clean. Hoping this eliminates that.

View attachment 190820

View attachment 190821

View attachment 190823
Where did you find a leather boot? I have a 2006 and can’t seem to find a legit replacement.