What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed the new soft top from Best Tops. Love it. Now I need to take Monday off work so I can get it dirty.

IMG_5561.png

IMG_5563.png

Trektop NX?

Yes, its a Best Top Black Diamond Trektop NX. I think black diamond just refers to the fabric type/color.

It had some sort of best top on it previously when we bought it, but it was old and failing everywhere, was nice to just spend the money and get a brand new one. I love how this top let's you easily flip the front open at any time.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Yes, its a Best Top Black Diamond Trektop NX. I think black diamond just refers to the fabric type/color.

It had some sort of best top on it previously when we bought it, but it was old and failing everywhere, was nice to just spend the money and get a brand new one. I love how this top let's you easily flip the front open at any time.
How easy is it removing and putting the rear windows back on? From what Ive read the OEM top is better if you go topless often

Looks clean! Love the sticker...where'd you get that from?

It was on the Jeep when we got it from the previous owner. It was the only sticker I didn't remove because its the perfect size/shape for that spot. I've seen a couple similar ones from people on Etsy.

I'd much rather have a traditional pleated rubber boot, rather than a shapeless bag, leather, pleather, or otherwise. Does anyone make one that will work with the '03-'06?
This change is more for function rather than style. I had this boot sitting on my shelf for months and I definitely would have not bought it if I didn't think it would help my situation. Especially at $50. I prefer the rubber boot myself as I prefer the stock look (the aluminum shift knob is from the PO, considering swapping to a stock knob). But after driving it with the new leather boot, my shifts are 1000% smoother and easier. It was annoying/irritating having to finesse into 3rd or downshift into 3rd, so the leather boot wins.

Edit: my rubber boot was on my 2003 so search for those and they might fit yours

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba
How easy is it removing and putting the rear windows back on? From what Ive read the OEM top is better if you go topless often

Its actually not very difficult, especially once the top is "broken in" and softened up a bit.

There's a zipper (covered with velcro flap) at the top, and a zipper on between the back window and side panel...the rest is just in the slide in edge rails on the tub and the door frame piece. . They come off really fast, takes a bit more to put them on. The back window slides out of a tray at the top once the sides are un-zipped.

I have no experience with the OEM top so I can't compare them but only takes a few minutes to put it back together.

EDIT: Oh also we removed all the roll bar padding and covers inside (we prefer that look and they don't provide us much value) so that probably makes it a bit easier to get on and off. With those removed however it does not seem to effect the fit or effectiveness of this soft top, it works great with or without those pads.

I had one on my 03' Sahara and loved it.
SAHARA NEW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
Thanks no have looked and seem to struggle to find a 03-06 one. I’ll check it out!
05-06' are the oem fake leather ones and the shifter bezel is different too. The rubber boots (97-04) get stiff when cold and cause shifting issues after a BL or t-case drop.

Last edited:
Thanks no have looked and seem to struggle to find a 03-06 one. I’ll check it out!
I got a generic one for a BMW without the bottom frame and I then glued the stock boot frame to it and trimmed. Standard contact cement worked great and fits well. Just get something that fits around the rubber boot frame

70A65DD5-8B99-4080-BCC7-A6A1AD52E111.jpeg

it’s a beautiful day today so I decided to give her a bath!!!