What did you do to your TJ today?

Put on New Pavement Ends top. Bought the “refurb” on Amazon. Came still in factory box. Fit great. When putting on the top for the first time push down on the rear bow to get back window to zip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W3MYSN5/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I've looked at this one (full door style) because I am in the market for a new top. It took me 40+ minutes to put the top up the other day - almost all of that time spent on the sill above the door. It was pretty cold which I am sure didn't help, but good lord what a PITA.

Filled it up again! :D

24195930-D1D5-480C-A1C2-40008F082DAA.jpeg

LOL, hubby's new workplace is a auto recycler so they drain all fluids and the good gas goes into one area, and the bad in another. (Don't ask me how they figure it out, LOL) We now get as much free gas as we want. Hubby bought a 55 gal plastic drum and we syphon from it into this smaller 20 gal., then into the vehicles. I have saved about 120 bucks so far. :D

I can't remember if I shared this yet, but I also decorated the Jeep for Halloween again. :D

04C4748E-BFA3-40A2-92BE-27AEF6452B08.jpeg

Currently in progress. Painting front extended links, rear ones on route.

No way was I installing raw steel links. These are going to be black by the end of the night.

Attachments

• E37C620F-3A3E-422E-8F1D-53DD5A711842.jpeg
    E37C620F-3A3E-422E-8F1D-53DD5A711842.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 87
Filled it up again! :D

View attachment 194291

LOL, hubby's new workplace is a auto recycler so they drain all fluids and the good gas goes into one area, and the bad in another. (Don't ask me how they figure it out, LOL) We now get as much free gas as we want. Hubby bought a 55 gal plastic drum and we syphon from it into this smaller 20 gal., then into the vehicles. I have saved about 120 bucks so far. :D

I can't remember if I shared this yet, but I also decorated the Jeep for Halloween again. :D

View attachment 194290
Sooo you now have the most economical TJ in the WORLD !!!...congrats haha

You can have the other half of the fan cover, but it's probably not worth the shipping costs. :D

I almost used chicken wire before the fan died. This stuff was solid and it took some effort to cut with the tin snips.

I used blocks of wood on the mesh and crossways on the other side to clamp it tight when i epoxied it. I have a 30 minute epoxy I use a lot so I have time to adjust things.

Just cut the plastic out and sand it where needed. I washed it and let it dry because the back side was dusty.

Got finished pulling the radiator out today. Got the old thermostat out and everything prepped for the new one to go in.

This is the reason I’m installing the new radiator.
1BA10909-215E-42BB-9303-61B35A5C5906.jpeg

Almost forgot. Sanded the contacts on the hood light gravity switch and put in led bulb. Pic is in broad daylight. At night it is really bright. Had the hood raised for about 8 hours Saturday and it never got the least bit hot.

Also installed led back up bulbs. There is a difference but not a huge one.

View attachment 194086
Is that bulb plug and play? Looks like you would have to change the mount.

Finished up the battery tray repaint/refurb after waiting a week for parts:
00.jpg

As an aside, the Jensen "Heavy Duty" radio/stereo kept PERFECT time, despite being completely disconnected from power for a week. It actually doesn't have a connection for constant +12, only switched. A supercap inside is good for 30 days!

Last edited: