What did you do to your TJ today?

Wouldn't that affect the dome light too though? I myself really want the lights to come on because I go to work in the dark and sometimes leave work in the dark.
Many people think removing the fuse means the dome lights will never come on again. What it means is that the dome lights will not come on automatically with doors open. They can still be turned on by the switch on the turn signal lever (at least on later 03-06 TJs).

Many people think removing the fuse means the dome lights will never come on again. What it means is that the dome lights will not come on automatically with doors open. They can still be turned on by the switch on the turn signal lever (at least on later 03-06 TJs).
And with the headlight switch on the earlier ones.

Reactions: oldtimer
That is exactly what I want it to do, come on when I open the door. I open the door, light comes on, I look and see no stow aways, so I get in. LOL :D

Before:
20201018_122914.jpg

After:
20201018_134220.jpg

New flares (there's actually only coffee in that mug lol)
20201018_164059.jpg

I'm pretty sure you could have just removed the dome light override fuse. My Jeep has never had a fuse in there since I bought it and I never have heard a door chime from it. Never heard a seatbelt alert either but I think that is because the wire is disconnected from the seat.
I like having the automatic dome lights. What I don't like is that annoying chime. I think chrysler engineers hired a sadistic mofo to come up with a chime that is like nails on a chalkboard. and.....to add insult to injury it's friggin loud as hell.
The IPC had to come out anyway to replace a couple of bulbs.

Last edited:
I like having the automatic dome lights. What I don't like is that annoying chime. I think chrysler engineers hired a sadistic mofo to come up with a chime that is like nails on a chalkboard. and.....to add insult to injury it's a friggin loud as hell.
The IPC had to come out anyway to replace a couple of bulbs.
Why is the door chime louder than the stock horn too? Always confused me

Took advantage of the nice weather this week in mass to finish painting my half doors. They were red and the inner panels had been poorly painted in black.
Painted the proper silver and redid the inner panels in dark slate gray for my 04.

also reworked the locks so my key works on them. Now easy swap from full to half and no extra keys.

85FD775B-9543-435E-99B8-DB3DC607A924.jpeg

9B493E7E-24FE-4E54-AF24-948C8D0BC1AA.jpeg

C3273910-B579-436E-9BB7-BC6CFEE0CC4C.jpeg

08677CF5-096C-4553-A494-8213412862C5.jpeg

Do they still do the flip n fold function?
The passenger side still folds and tumbles. My TJ is 2004 but I had previously picked up a set of '97-02 seat bases. The 1st gen seat bases are controlled by a single lever while the 2nd gen seat base is controlled by a cable attached to the seat. I was glad to have the 1st gen as it is easy to reach under the seat and press the lever to tumble the seat forward.

Found the source of my passenger footwell leak. It wasn't the air intake under the cowl as I originally suspected. Turns out it was the poor seal at the bottom of the blower motor which is mounted in the firewall. So I put a bead of silicone all around that seal and hopefully that fixes the leak.

Sprayed the undercarriage, flushed out the frame and washed the exterior again after our Outer Banks beach trip. Took the soft top completely off and installed the safari top for the next couple months.

Reactions: SoCalGlide