What did you do to your TJ today?

Took advantage of the nice weather this week in mass to finish painting my half doors. They were red and the inner panels had been poorly painted in black.
Painted the proper silver and redid the inner panels in dark slate gray for my 04.

also reworked the locks so my key works on them. Now easy swap from full to half and no extra keys.

View attachment 197076

View attachment 197077

View attachment 197078

View attachment 197079
Apparently I don't have enough posts to like something so I'll just reply with a "NICE"

New sparkplugs (Champion Iridium), new valve cover grommets and one utterly destroyed crankcase breather elbow (Dorman to the temporary rescue) Kentrol rear glass hinges and replaced the beat down sway bar end links with JKS Quick disconnects
Installing the Currie Currectlynk steering next week
Ordered a variety of LED bulbs to fix the black holes in the cluster and climate control

So we have two TJ's out of commission right now.
After the 4" of rain the last hurricane dumped on us I went to drain the car cover as usual by lifting up my arm and letting it drain off the sides. Not this time, the front of the cover decided to come off the windshield and soak me and the whole driver's side interior. I shorted out the horn switch (pulled the relay)...and had an airbag light for a few days. Then it ran great. Went yesterday to get an inspection and had a CEL...TPS. Kept driving, it starting gagging and coughing so I turned around and limped home. Have had it soaking in Liquid Wrench as the bolts felt fussy, gonna clean first, then replace if needed (I think I may have flooded the cowl when I actually got the water out). I have a cowl intake btw.

My kid's Rubi is another story...the TO bearing was bad on it when he bought it, so he decided to go ahead and do the whole clutch (why not, right?)...Dad, my RMS is leaking so I'll replace it while I'm in here, I'm also gonna order the steel TO bearing for the LUK....
"What the hell dad?!!!, there's like a pound of RVT around the old RMS, I guess that's what I get for buying a $7000 Rubicon, huh?"

"Well son, you now own a Rubicon, it's what you've always wanted and now you know everything from this day forward will have been done correctly until you sell it, if you sell it.".

"Yeah, you're right dad."

Dad likes to be "right" :)

So we have two TJ's out of commission right now.
After the 4" of rain the last hurricane dumped on us I went to drain the car cover as usual by lifting up my arm and letting it drain off the sides. Not this time, the front of the cover decided to come off the windshield and soak me and the whole driver's side interior. I shorted out the horn switch (pulled the relay)...and had an airbag light for a few days. Then it ran great. Went yesterday to get an inspection and had a CEL...TPS. Kept driving, it starting gagging and coughing so I turned around and limped home. Have had it soaking in Liquid Wrench as the bolts felt fussy, gonna clean first, then replace if needed (I think I may have flooded the cowl when I actually got the water out). I have a cowl intake btw.

My kid's Rubi is another story...the TO bearing was bad on it when he bought it, so he decided to go ahead and do the whole clutch (why not, right?)...Dad, my RMS is leaking so I'll replace it while I'm in here, I'm also gonna order the steel TO bearing for the LUK....
"What the hell dad?!!!, there's like a pound of RVT around the old RMS, I guess that's what I get for buying a $7000 Rubicon, huh?"

"Well son, you now own a Rubicon, it's what you've always wanted and now you know everything from this day forward will have been done correctly until you sell it, if you sell it.".

"Yeah, you're right dad."

Dad likes to be "right" :)

Yes and people are still asking if they can fit 33's on stock springs and shocks haha ;)
And the answer is still yes, but don't.:unsure: I bought this Jeep in Washington D.C. 5 years back. I was shocked that I made it home on the 2 hour trip. I drove it around for a month before selling it. The tires never rubbed the springs on the street, but turning with stock backspaced wheels was a different story.
p.s. I made $1,000 when I sold it for $7,000.🤫 1999 Sahara auto with under 100,000 miles. It sold within a week.

SAHARA JEEP2 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

SAHARA JEEP4 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Reactions: Blondie70
I..... don't like them. I love the flat flare look, but these suckers gotta be like 2" at least thinner. Gonna put the stockers back on until I can find another deal on some flat flares.

20201018_171101.jpg

On that note, anyone know where I can buy a turn signal bulb housing with some wiring? I snipped the passenger side to rig up the leds but didn't leave myself enough room on the wire to tap it back together like a dumbass haha.

• Wow
Reactions: Hopper
Got my front drive shaft back from Adams Driveshafts a day early after finding the grease cap in the front slip yoke was MIA and grease wasnt going up the splines. Fully rebuilt with new yoke and u-joints.

Installed it yesterday afternoon and of course i lost a yoke strap bolt so now awaiting new straps and bolts from moog via amazon.

Cant wait to do my SYE utilizing the advance adapter kit with adams rear shaft.

Reactions: j8ksdad
I..... don't like them. I love the flat flare look, but these suckers gotta be like 2" at least thinner. Gonna put the stockers back on until I can find another deal on some flat flares.

View attachment 197165

On that note, anyone know where I can buy a turn signal bulb housing with some wiring? I snipped the passenger side to rig up the leds but didn't leave myself enough room on the wire to tap it back together like a dumbass haha.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/omix-ada-socket-with-lamp-yj-tj-1240119.html

View attachment 197165

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042AH4X0/?tag=wranglerorg-20
you need to use an exacto knife to remove two of the four rubber pieces that hold it in the socket but it works great. I replaced mine with this.

Reactions: Elyse8743
We just tried them out last night and the difference is crazy. I'm glad I picked these.
If you're looking for super bright lights to replace the factory fog lights, these are incredible. They are SO much brighter than my new LED headlights. They make them in black, but I got red to match. I paid $40 for the set.
rubi LED.jpg

If you're looking for super bright lights to replace the factory fog lights, these are incredible. They are SO much brighter than my new LED headlights. They make them in black, but I got red to match. I paid $40 for the set.View attachment 197173
I had those on my Tacoma years ago... they held up pretty good.. I had to repaint them once but I had them for about 4 years before I sold the truck👍🏻

Yesterday I dropped the tank and installed a new fuel pump and sending unit. Still have P0462, so I’m very annoyed. On the plus side, I was able to fix the fuel overflow issue.

Today I spent a little time cleaning and degreasing 40+ years of gunk off the 8274. Pretty pleased with how it’s cleaning up. I don’t think I’ll be polishing it into a show piece, but it’s going to look great with all of the new bits it’s going to have.

View attachment 194008

Hope to get it installed next weekend.
You’ll love it ! Although it’s a heavy beast with 150 feet steel cable on it !

I like the idea of the Daystar Cam Can Trail box that lets you store something inside the hub of the spare tire, but at $70+ I thought that was too much.

I took a 5 gallon bucket, removed the middle, and made my own for less than $10. It doesn't look too great, but it hides under a tire cover, so the looks don't really matter.

Now I just have to determine what to keep in it. I'm thinking a tow rope or jumper cables. My youngest son said I need to put snacks in it. :D

20201018_154826.jpg20201018_154850.jpg20201018_165042.jpg