What did you do to your TJ today?

My 03 has tube bumpers all around ...I've always wanted a more professional auxiliary rear light set up and kept gravitating toward flush mount lights ..that just didn't fit the bill.

My design consultant, @Hog had the idea to do do plates and mount them I'm the plates....brilliant. Since he had the idea, hopefully he will post a pic.

We plan to wire them up with a single throw double pole switch and relay for on, off and reverse activated function. (Boy that sounds professional 🤣)

Last edited:
My 03 has tube bumpers all around ...I've always wanted a more professional auxiliary rear light set up and kept gravitating toward flush mount lights ..that just didn't fit the bill.

My design consultant, @Hog had the idea to do do plates and mount them I'm the plates....brilliant. Since he had the idea, hopefully he will post a pic.

We plan to wire them up with a single throw double pole switch and really for on, off and reverse activated function. (Boy that sounds professional 🤣)
3031F800-A5EA-4606-8D9D-4EDB0E6C0B82.jpeg
B1EB4A79-5926-40E0-9235-00E56E2EB745.jpeg

I have seen similar issues on XJ Dana 30's when there was water present in the gear lube and it was run for awhile.
What did the drained gear lube look like ?
Looked normal, not muddy. I know what water in oil looks like, due to owning a 3.o 4Runner.
I'm just glad I found this before it go worse.

Spent more money on RockAuto. P1391 popped up today on the way to work. Decided to just swap out both of Camshaft and Crank Position Sensors since I don't know how old either of them are.

Also researching purchasing the Safety T Caps or Pocono Metal Craft frame repair kits. Leaning toward the Poconos

I changed things up to be different Nuff said. ;) Just kidding. I had custom decals made and I'm not sure if I like them or not. I like to make my Jeeps look different without spending tons of money. I wanted something larger than stock decals, but not JK/JL size or font. I will give them a week to decide if I want to remove them.
Rubi 10 4 2020.jpg
Rubi new decal.jpg
Rubi decal icon.jpg

Last edited:
Hats off to Misch 4x4 (www.misch4x4.com). Today I replaced the worn, old arm rests in The Hulk with brand spankin' new ones, at an amazingly low price of $0. My armrests were crumbling apart, so I emailed and asked if I could buy just the foam part, as the brackets were fine. Their excellent customer service had me email some pics along with purchase details and 4 days later, I had a new pair in my hot little hands, no charge!

Well I started on my Crown steering upgrade, but decided to check the track bar bolt before I started. When I swapped out to the adjustable track bar a few weeks ago my 2 oldest grandsons were helping me. I pulled the axle mount bolt a out today and it had alot loose movement cause the bolt was to small. Ran down to the local hardware store and got a new bolt, washer and nut that fit snug. I will be taking the TJ to a local garage Thursday and let them swap out the old steering and install the new Crown steering.

So, with the Jeep’s prior life with a plow, I know it needs brakes and the PS tire wear isn’t ideal, so I’m guessing ball joints too. The front axle also took the worst of the salt spray, so it won’t be a lot of fun to work on. So I picked up a HP Dana 30 today. It needs a few repairs on the brackets, but is otherwise in better shape than my housing. I’ll be able to tear into it on the bench and plan to replace pretty much everything... axle shafts, bearings, ball joints, brakes and will have it ready for a regear and swap into the Jeep in the spring with upgraded ZJ steering. This will be my first time tearing into an axle, so it should be a good experience for me. Looking forward to the project.

A3AA553B-8C92-40A7-912D-FA37F192A3F5.jpeg

I changed things up to be different Nuff said. ;) Just kidding. I had custom decals made and I'm not sure if I like them or not. I like to make my Jeeps look different without spending tons of money. I wanted something larger than stock decals, but not JK/JL size or font. I will give them a week to decide if I want to remove them.
View attachment 198312View attachment 198313View attachment 198310
Looks good! I kind of like the look of just the “ICON” left from the original lol

Worked on mine trying to get it ready for a run my group will probably have soon

Swapped out the HID’s for some LED’s

Pulled the back seat and harness out

Gotthe soft top on for hopefully the last time since it’s pretty haggard now. This will probably be the last season for it if it lasts that long

Pulled of the rear flairs to see if I like it that way

Started packing it.

My group is kinda spur of the moment, I’ve had calls in the past saying saying to meet up in 2hrs. at midnight. We don’t do things like that much anymore since we’re older but a 1 day notice for a 3 day camping wheeling trip will still happen

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
A bit more work on the Warn M8000. The PO had put "liquid electrical tape" on the terminals - which might have been fine except I wanted to take everything apart. So once I got the nuts coaxed off, I was ready to paint the main motor housing. This winch has been around - when I looked closely at the motor data tag, I could see where it had been masked off for paint before! Anyway, its masked off again, and I freshened it with some flat black.

This winch is going to get a cover - I've seen what the weather has done to it...
I'm in the process of rebuilding/repainting my Ramsey winch. Just waiting on some small parts from Ramsey.
My winch is about 20 years old and the elements have taken it's toll on it. The cast aluminum is all corroded, powder coat is peeling.
One of the easiest ways to remove the powder coating, is to use a torch and burn it off.
Either MAP gas or Oxyacetalene.
Using a wire wheel or sanding disc takes forever.

Reactions: matkal