What did you do to your TJ today?

I wonder if those would be overkill with my LED 3rd brake light? I thought about getting some LED round tail lights. I know I could use the brighter reverse lights.

View attachment 197368
I have a brand new set of round LED tail lamps I bought off Amazon a few months ago. I just can't bring myself to cut 5" holes in my tub.

Yeah, I've several requests to purchase em' right after I picked em' up. If I don't keep them I'll probably list on this forum first. My originals aren't ripped, but the PO stained the crap out of em' and I haven't been able to get em' clean.
These do look great tho!
Someone had a set listed around here but he was asking 2500.00 for them. There is also a set of Columbia Edition seats on fb marketplace for 2000.00. Too rich for my blood.

Reactions: hardtailpan
I relocated my locker pumps to under the brake booster. I found where the wires for the pumps come into the engine compartment and spliced them there. I also had to make splash shields for them due to my hood vents. But everything works great!

20201023_120139.jpg

20201023_120127.jpg

At the moment things are going a little slowly.
the rear bumper will be new, i have to adjust and paint it.
my fog taillight (Required in Germany) must still be in its place.
the shift sleeve was frayed, I made a template and my wife sewed a new gear lever out of scraps of leather.

20200613_085454_003.jpg
20201009_180741.jpg
20201025_161230.jpg

When I bought the gear knob, I overlooked that my TJ doesn't have 5 gears ;)

now I'm thinking of getting a 5-speed gearbox. 😅

Hats off to Misch 4x4 (www.misch4x4.com). Today I replaced the worn, old arm rests in The Hulk with brand spankin' new ones, at an amazingly low price of $0. My armrests were crumbling apart, so I emailed and asked if I could buy just the foam part, as the brackets were fine. Their excellent customer service had me email some pics along with purchase details and 4 days later, I had a new pair in my hot little hands, no charge!
I’ve never looked for these armrests before but I’ve often said (every time I drive my Jeep,lol) “I really wish there was an armrest!” Low and behold, I’m putting these on Christmas list!

Reactions: randy328
I'm in the process of rebuilding/repainting my Ramsey winch. Just waiting on some small parts from Ramsey.
My winch is about 20 years old and the elements have taken it's toll on it. The cast aluminum is all corroded, powder coat is peeling.
One of the easiest ways to remove the powder coating, is to use a torch and burn it off.
Either MAP gas or Oxyacetalene.
Using a wire wheel or sanding disc takes forever.
Mine just scraped off with a screwdriver - it was that bad!

Reactions: williambmac
I’ve never looked for these armrests before but I’ve often said (every time I drive my Jeep,lol) “I really wish there was an armrest!” Low and behold, I’m putting these on Christmas list!

Checked out those armrests and thought they were an outstanding idea; I have a tendency to rest my elbow against the pull handles.
Just ordered a set of the armrests from www.misch4x4.com for my birthday.

Thanks for the link....

Reactions: dschwes and Fonz54
Installed a set of Oracle headlights after a failed attempt to install a mis-built set of Morimoto gen 1's
Apparently I ordered the ones with Halos, one should never shop the internet after a few Saturday night cocktails................
Also swapped the broken instrument bezel and knee bolster with the ones I got off fleabay
added LED cluster bulbs (what LED bulbs are we using for the AC/heater controls?)
Swapped the powerport for a dual USB (switched) outlet and ran a hardwire for the GPS
DSCN0820[1].jpg

DSCN0822[1].jpg

Last edited: