What did you do to your TJ today?

Charged the battery. It hasn't been driven in over a week, and the battery was flat. Probably because of that blinky LED pseudo-"alarm" I put in, I was kinda afraid of that...

Reactions: Hopper
Charged the battery. It hasn't been driven in over a week, and the battery was flat. Probably because of that blinky LED pseudo-"alarm" I put in, I was kinda afraid of that...
I'd jump it off with my lighted cupholders if I lived closer. It looks like Tron in my TJ. Life will never be the same.

Finally got the rebuilt / “matched” stock injectors to replace the original ones. The hardest thing was cleaning the old 226k mile crud in the bores and pulling the injectors out. Went with stock Deka ones for simplicity.

It seems to sound better and pull better. We shall see.

Edit: Yes, that is the stock motor from the factory in the jeep. 226k miles(give or take a few from the PO not adding the right speedometer gear, mileage may be less)

View attachment 196378
I know I'm pretty late on replying to this post but... It looks like you are missing the heat shield and the heat suppression on injector #3. This can cause heat soak issues (do a search for "heat soak" for more info).
Here's the shield (check around for best price+shipping to your address).https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...sLjFwdvsAhVCi1kKHbzjCIsQ9aACegUIDBDGAQ&adurl=
There are also complete kits with the shield and heat wraps for the rail and all injectors like this.https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...jRsLjFwdvsAhVCi1kKHbzjCIsQ9aACegQIDBBI&adurl=
I'd go for the kit if you can. Also, I applied some high-temp RTV to the edges of the heat shield where the fiberglass core is exposed to seal it all in...a bit messy to do but I'm pretty sure my shield will hold up waaaay better than the one it replaced.

NDSpeed, my friend, you need to put a jack stand or something under your tranny or transfer case before dropping the tranny skid plate/mount. Letting it hang like that can damage/tear your motor mounts and cause other damage like the radiator fan pushing up and breaking the fan shroud or its mounts.
Do check your motor mounts for visible signs of cracking/tearing.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Hats off to Misch 4x4 (www.misch4x4.com). Today I replaced the worn, old arm rests in The Hulk with brand spankin' new ones, at an amazingly low price of $0. My armrests were crumbling apart, so I emailed and asked if I could buy just the foam part, as the brackets were fine. Their excellent customer service had me email some pics along with purchase details and 4 days later, I had a new pair in my hot little hands, no charge!
There are few things that I love more than quality products and outstanding customer support/service! Good job Misch!

Not a lot really but my rear window decal finally arrived from the good old "U.S of A" Proudly made in the Nanny State of CA, so I put it on! lol
I have had this Decal on every Vehicle I have owned since about a year after 9/11 :( even though I am Australian.

Red Pill.jpg

Buy a new Battery you wont be disappointed! This isn't the 1950,s you know lol

Reactions: Fonz54
Talking about Blinky light Phaedo alarm thingies, Where I live in Western Australia it is a requirement to have a vehicle immobilizer. All new Vehicles have security built in but if you buy an older Vehicle you must have an engine immobilizer fitted. Not a bad thing until the battery on your immobilizer fob goes dead!

WOW! Wrangler Sporticon with 1000 original miles...really...trust me! OMG, there's just too much wrong to laugh at! I too hope that no one falls for that steaming pile o' poo!
with 1000 original miles and the aftermarket parts were installed less than 3000 miles ago? Seems legit! :unsure::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Fonz54