What did you do to your TJ today?

Sold my front bumper today to a young Jeeper. Little less than I wanted, but I feel good about it.
Patiently awaiting my new MotoBilt stubby bumper! Bought it at 20% off. not bad. And new flat fender flares.
Everyone ready for these Black Friday sales?
2CC370A4-1288-48D4-BB8D-8993F8157B12.jpeg

Reactions: Zorba
Wife told me to order my winch plate for Xmas...
Amazon Warehouse can really save beaucoup bucks - $110 down to $72 for a raised Rugged Ridge plate that I think will work well.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Cool! I can't claim credit for finding this part - found out about it here on the forum.
I remember seeing some posts sometime back and thought I'd like to get one for an emergency situation. I kept forgetting and never did. Thanks again.

Reactions: Zorba
Installed headlight relay harness.

I noticed a lot of dry rotted wire conduit around the engine so I replaced where it had gone bad.

For my new stereo head unit (with built in amp) and powered sub, ran power lines from the battery through the firewall. Will finish it up tomorrow.

Installed the wranglerfix.com PCM.

Changed the air filter.

I was checking my tire pressure last night after my "oh sh**" moment and found they were all overinflated by 6 to 10psi, so that could have added to my loss of stability yesterday. But I also noticed my front is sitting much lower than my rear. Maybe that's not helping my traction and loose feeling steering as well🤷‍♂️

So I'm thinking I need new springs and or shocks now. The PO installed a Skyjacker lift and I think they are starting to show their age . Anyone have recommendations for a 2.5" lift kit or combination of parts?

I was checking my tire pressure last night after my "oh sh**" moment and found they were all overinflated by 6 to 10psi, so that could have added to my loss of stability yesterday. But I also noticed my front is sitting much lower than my rear. Maybe that's not helping my traction and loose feeling steering as well🤷‍♂️

So I'm thinking I need new springs and or shocks now. The PO installed a Skyjacker lift and I think they are starting to show their age . Anyone have recommendations for a 2.5" lift kit or combination of parts?
Jeeps normally sit 1.5" higher in the rear with no added weight. I always lift the front of my Jeeps 3/4-1" higher because I never ride anyone in back...............or nobody wants to ride with me.:unsure: I ran 28 psi when I had 32s. I like BDS or Pro Comp springs and Rancho RS5000X shocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEREALJIM