What did you do to your TJ today?

Spent 10 minutes looking for my 13mm wrench and torx bit I keep separately to remove/install the doors. I knew I put them some place that made lots of sense but forgot what that was. I could have used a different 13mm wrench and I have other torx bits but I wanted to find those particular ones. Found them in the drivers door pocket
That's like me looking for my glasses and they were on the top of my head

My mother was raised in bothell. My uncle taught junior and high school in bothell.

Im not to worried about my soft top. Its a nos oem sailcloth.
That read completely different and I had to re-read it as I thought you wrote Brothel haha :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Did This door light switch mod (well the passenger side) over the weekend. Works so well, its so easy, and itll be nice to not have to go a summer without door lights. Drivers side will be done when it warms up again, lol!

Also, fixed the passenger side door seal on my bulldawg upper tonight, I did the drivers side last week and it made a WORLD of difference. Now I just need the windshield header seal.

Replaced the Oil pressure sending unit with a Mopar unit and the guage jumping got worse.... so now I need to look into that.

This thing keeps me busy, but not having a garage or warm weather is killing me lol

This was all from last weekend. Took off the Smittybuilt tire carrier because I was sick of how noisy it was, got this RR hinge set. I kept ping ponging back and forth on deciding between different rear tire carriers and I just couldn't pull the trigger on a $1k+ investment that may still be noisy. So I went with this... Hope I don't regret it.

Now I need to figure out what bumper to run. Was eyeballing the Savvy.

1606867236971.png

Had a gas leak problem when I fill the tank and the 'large leak, small leak' codes on the computer. Found the culprit (yikes). Replaced the hose.
1606867411860.png
1606867472472.png

Bought some Maxbilt LED taillights. Wired them up to the factory plugs. Haven't installed them yet because I needed a 1/4" 20 tap to install the fasteners and didn't have one on hand.
1606867731977.png

I'm at a crossroads... I really don't want to put my factory fender flares back on. Not only were they a pita to take off, but they're pretty beat and hideous. I really like the look of the Genright aluminum flares, but do you need the corner armor in order to install them? I don't think I've ever seen a Jeep with those flares without the corner armor as well. I wasn't really expecting to spend money on flares at this point but I think I'd rather run no flares than reinstall those factory ones.

View attachment 207074

View attachment 207067

Spent several hours driving up Nate Harrison Grade in Pauma Valley, CA off Hwy 76,
The trail is a 17 mile drive where you increase in elevation almost 4000' and end up at the back of Palomar Mountain State Park.
Gorgeous scenery with temperatures in the 40s during the day and in the 20s at night.
We might head up there this coming weekend!

I put my jeep in the shop today :cry:. Has high idle after it warms up and cannot solve it for the life of me. Replaced vacuum lines, checked all bolts on intake, cleaned and finally replaced IAC valve but NOTHING!

So I have a local shop here that does really good work, so hopefully these guys can find what I missed.
High idle equates to high fever must have some sort of virus?
Did you tried to stroke the accelerator by hand at the throttle if the cable sticks?

Well crap. Tested the winch, with fail. Apparently, something's up with the brushes as a direct jump doesn't appear to run the motor - although I was jerry rigged to the point of craziness, so I'll have to come up with a better test lashup to confirm. Of course, can't do it today...
@Jerry Bransford might take offense to you using his name in vain!
REPENT NOW OR FACE THE WRATH TO COME!!

This was all from last weekend. Took off the Smittybuilt tire carrier because I was sick of how noisy it was, got this RR hinge set. I kept ping ponging back and forth on deciding between different rear tire carriers and I just couldn't pull the trigger on a $1k+ investment that may still be noisy. So I went with this... Hope I don't regret it.

Now I need to figure out what bumper to run. Was eyeballing the Savvy.

View attachment 207094

Had a gas leak problem when I fill the tank and the 'large leak, small leak' codes on the computer. Found the culprit (yikes). Replaced the hose.

Bought some Maxbilt LED taillights. Wired them up to the factory plugs. Haven't installed them yet because I needed a 1/4" 20 tap to install the fasteners and didn't have one on hand.

I'm at a crossroads... I really don't want to put my factory fender flares back on. Not only were they a pita to take off, but they're pretty beat and hideous. I really like the look of the Genright aluminum flares, but do you need the corner armor in order to install them? I don't think I've ever seen a Jeep with those flares without the corner armor as well. I wasn't really expecting to spend money on flares at this point but I think I'd rather run no flares than reinstall those factory ones.
Yes, you can run the Genright rear flares without body armor. They bolt on and require drilling holes in the body. The downside is that if you take a good hit on the flare, the flare does not give but the body will.