What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally got the call from my shop that they figured out why Jeep was riding funky, said the balance on the tires were out of whack and they had to road force balance them.
I have all my 35" tires Road Force balanced. It's not cheap around here ($25 a tire), but works great. I found out I had a defect in one of my steel wheels by doing that.

May I ask where?
Looked on Amazon on black Friday. I despise Amazon but wanted to do comparison shopping. The Amazon seller was "the Warn store".... Which is four wheel parts. Free shipping. I ordered at 3pm and it was on my door step the next morning. The funny thing is that 4 wheel parts didn't have it that low on their own website.

That's a great price. I'm moving to Ohio now. Is LeBron coming back when the Lakers lose next year? He seems to just go where he thinks he can win. He's definitely no Michael Jordan. He was loyal and won.
Please don't let the price of balancing tires be the reason you move here🤣🤣 There are so many other great reasons, like mostly overcast weather, really flat areas, lack of trails, a lot of highway patrolmen, obnoxious Buckeye fans, and my personal favorite, green algae blooms in the water! Yes you can find a little of everything here in Ohio🇺🇸

As far as basketball, you would probably know about it than me, the last time I actually watched a game the Harlem Globe Trotters were in town in the late 90's or early 00's🤷‍♂️

Please don't let the price of balancing tires be the reason you move here🤣🤣 There are so many other great reasons, like mostly overcast weather, really flat areas, lack of trails, a lot of highway patrolmen, obnoxious Buckeye fans, and my personal favorite, green algae blooms in the water! Yes you can find a little of everything here in Ohio🇺🇸

As far as basketball, you would probably know about it than me, the last time I actually watched a game the Harlem Globe Trotters were in town in the late 90's or early 00's🤷‍♂️
Awesome! I have a GlobeTrotters basketball signed by Sweet Lou Dunbar.

What do they do to road force balance?
A road force balancer has a roller attached to the machine that pivots down and puts pressure on the tread of the tire to simulate the tire rolling on the road. That roller has sensors attached to it that measure the resistance to the pressure across the tread and how much out of round the wheel and tire assembly has. During the set up process you also use a sensor that swings out and contacts the bead lip of the wheel with a disc that measures the lateral and radial runout of the wheel.

Once the assembly has been run through the process you mark the tire and wheel to best match the runout then you spin the tire on the rim and balance as normal. Les Schwab also used to use a road force balancer to be able to warranty tires that had excessive runout. or hard spots within the tread face.

Last edited:
We do this for fun ? Man this is a PITA.

Thanks @Chris for the bumper !

Out with the old.
20201203_101120.jpg

In with the new.
20201203_125009.jpg

Getting it all lined up at the right time. In the correct way. Is the Pain In The Backside. Taking a break now to post this and eat some lunch.

We do this for fun ? Man this is a PITA.

Thanks @Chris for the bumper !

Out with the old.
View attachment 207575

In with the new.
View attachment 207576

Getting it all lined up at the right time. In the correct way. Is the Pain In The Backside. Taking a break now to post this and eat some lunch.

Funny, because it took me maybe 10 minutes tops to get it off.

Apparently installing it is a lot harder than removing it. I can see why though, you have to get those backing plates inside the frame and hold them in place very tediously while you're installing the bolts for the frame tie-ins.

Looks great though!

A road force balancer has a roller attached to the machine that pivots down and puts pressure on the tread of the tire to simulate the tire rolling on the road. That roller has sensors attached to it that measure the resistance to the pressure across the tread and how much out of round the wheel and tire assembly has. During the set up process you also use a sensor that swings out and contacts the bead lip of the wheel with a disc that measures the lateral and radial runout of the tire.

Once the assembly has been run through the process you mark the tire and wheel to best match the runout then you spin the tire on the rim and balance as normal. Les Schwab also used to use a road force balancer to be able to warranty tires that had excessive runout. or hard spots within the tread face.
What national tire places carry a road force balancer?

Funny, because it took me maybe 10 minutes tops to get it off.

Apparently installing it is a lot harder than removing it. I can see why though, you have to get those backing plates inside the frame and hold them in place very tediously while you're installing the bolts for the frame tie-ins.

Looks great though!

I better get this right cuz I aint putting another one for a while.

The old one came off in no time flat.

Thankful me Dad is here to lend a hand. Not too many tools thrown around with him helping.

I better get this right cuz I aint putting another one for a while.

The old one came off in no time flat.

Thankful me Dad is here to lend a hand. Not too many tools thrown around with him helping.

How heavy was the old one?