What did you do to your TJ today?

My TJ hit 100K. We celebrated with a quick trip to enjoy the midday sun. The mountain on the right is Denali, the Great One.
Jade 100K.jpg
IMG_6230 (1).jpeg

Over here in NY they have red light cameras at a lot of intersections and people will slam on their brakes at yellows and cause a lot of rear ends. They did a study and more accidents were caused after the red light cameras were put in. The state won't remove them because of the added revenue. :rolleyes: First mod I did was Black Magic Brakes. Now thinking about the bigger brakes instead of just pads next time.
Many of our red light cameras are joint speed camera's too so if you speed up to get through you get done for speeding, this also causes people here to brake hard at lights as well, I stopped riding my motorbike to work as it was just too dangerous.

I took a brief hiatus from Jeep projects. The city I work for gets the majority of its money from the tourism industry, so the city coffers got hit hard when COVID shut everything down. Well, in its infinite wisdom, in an effort to save money, City Hall decided to furlough all of its first responders, so every Firefighter, Police Officer, and EMT/Paramedic is having their hours cut. In my department they had already taken away all overtime shifts, and made it so that we can only put in for 2 vacation days at a time with a minimum of 30 days notice, but now they’re making new schedules that don’t work for the majority of the employees. Last year the city’s Chief Administrative Officer made almost 200k. This year the prick wants to cut our hours to help the city turn a profit 😡🤬

Anyhow, I finally caught up on the almost 100 pages I had missed, and all I can say is: wow. So many questions, most of which revolve around these cup holder inserts @AndyG bought 😂🤣 @Hog must be a damn saint 😂

My bank account still hates this forum 😂 but I’ll be doing small mods, and a few necessary things that I had been putting off (like fixing those 🤬 body mounts I messed up a while ago), and making notes for when I can afford to do the big fun stuff again. But it’s good to be back!

936610D3-46DF-4266-9464-B31263A8864C.jpeg

Over here in NY they have red light cameras at a lot of intersections and people will slam on their brakes at yellows and cause a lot of rear ends. They did a study and more accidents were caused after the red light cameras were put in. The state won't remove them because of the added revenue. :rolleyes: First mod I did was Black Magic Brakes. Now thinking about the bigger brakes instead of just pads next time.
They installed those at a major highway intersection a few years ago in our city. Everyone I knew was pissed because they were mailed tickets and had to pay them. I saw an article on CNN stating that it was illegal in Va to ticket someone for running a red light or speeding unless you had a clear picture of the driver to prove who was actually driving the vehicle. I tested that theory and got mailed 5 tickets in a year with pictures showing someone with a hat a sunglasses driving my Jeeps and running the stop light. I never responded to them and nothing ever happened to me. They have since taken those cameras down. :cool:

p.s. It could have been anyone driving my Jeep.

RUBI skel 8 26 2 (4).jpg

Last edited:

The first time I went through a red light that had a camera (accidentally, of course) I was in NYC driving my mother’s car wit her in the passenger seat and she freaked out! She started talking about how it would be points on her license, and how it was like a speeding ticket so her insurance was going to go up. I kept telling her that she was wrong because the camera couldn’t prove that she was driving and that it was the same effect of a parking ticket on her license and car insurance, but she wouldn’t stop going off about it until I showed her the state law, which stated everything I had said. I swear she just wanted an excuse to bitch 🙄 which is weird, she never needed one before... or since 🤔😂

The first time I went through a red light that had a camera (accidentally, of course) I was in NYC driving my mother’s car wit her in the passenger seat and she freaked out!

Funny you should mention that, the local police department recently shared this video with me insisting it's my TJ rolling a red light and as such requesting a donation to its cause :oops::LOL:

I'm quite sure I don't know what they're talking about:

Clearly it's all a big misunderstanding

Last edited:
Funny you should mention that, the local police department recently shared this video with me insisting it's my TJ rolling a red light and as such requesting a donation to its cause :oops::LOL:

I'm quite sure I don't know what they're talking about:

View attachment 213111

Clearly it's all a big misunderstanding

That’s profiling, plain and simple! 😂😂 Another example of The Man judging you by the colour of your Jeep... and probably a clear picture of your license plate, I’m assuming? If they don’t have a clear picture of your license plate, tell them where they can stick their “donation request”. If they do..... pay the full fine in pennies 🤣🤣

That’s profiling, plain and simple! 😂😂 Another example of The Man judging you by the colour of your Jeep... and probably a clear picture of your license plate, I’m assuming? If they don’t have a clear picture of your license plate, tell them where they can stick their “donation request”. If they do..... pay the full fine in pennies 🤣🤣

i have those same kickers as well i put in about mid summer much better then old
OEM setup, I agree a smaller amp would be the way to go i have one i been considering installing its old but always worked great

Reactions: dschwes
I’m trying to decide how I want to install them in my dash! I’m looking to see if anyone has any experience with the dash pods.
Dash-Pods https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T1AB0N6/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I think I want them but are they necessary??
That won't make them sound any better with a 5.25" speaker in the dash. Stuffing insulation behind them would do the same thing. I buy everything from Crutchfield (I used to work there) and they come with the adapters and plug and play wire harness free.

RUBI speakers.jpg

Last edited: