What did you do to your TJ today?

Anyone hate how loud either softtop or hardtop sounds on your Jeep? I ran a fabric liner on my hardtop and its sounds a lot quieter. This mod took 2x can of headliner glue and 1x 6x8 floor mat. Total cost of $50.

Well worth the time and money mod.

20201230_192141.jpg

20201230_115604.jpg

20201230_191943.jpg

20201230_191938.jpg

20201230_132527.jpg

20201230_125031.jpg

20201230_132535.jpg

I mounted mine inline on my 2005. I tied into the OEM transmission line on the drivers side. I carefully cut the metal crimped ferrules off of the drivers side line, and removed the OEM rubber hose. I reused the metal line that goes into the transmission connector and ran new hose from the inlet and outlet of the second cooler.

Here's a picture somebody posted earlier, and how I ran my lines. The only difference is both of my rubber hoses are run out on the drivers side.

View attachment 214516
Does your hot ouput line from the trans go to the Oe/radiator or the external cooler first?

Removed and thoroughly cleaned my brake light lenses. Then I cut pieces of HVAC aluminum duct tape and put in the housings, for better light reflectivity of the brake lights and reverse lights. Poor man's method of brightening my lights. Cheaper than LED bulbs and flasher replacement.
I've been meaning to do this - did it help at all?

Inline, you need the radiator to warm up the trans fluid when it's cold also.
She is a trailer queen/non daily driver and resides in Kali. Would it be best to run output to radiator cooler then external cooler and back to trans? Long Island is a few degrees colder.

I've been meaning to do this - did it help at all?
I think it did. Not a huge amount, but I could tell the difference when I compared one side (modified) to the other (unmodified). I didn't add the tape to the bottom of the housings, because the driver side is clear to illuminate the tag, while the passenger side is solid. I was afraid the passenger side would be slightly brighter if I had taped the bottom. Just an OCD thing with me, I guess.

Finished installing the genright cargo tub. Install took a bit to figure out, no directions. It rattled/resonated a bit at first going down the road but that stopped after 5 or 10 miles. Still might get some rubber washers for the brackets jic.

Ripped off (literally) the PO's crappy pepboys metal pedal covers and put on new factory style rubber ones. Replaced missing nut on my steering column.

PXL_20201230_200550456.jpg

Anyone hate how loud either softtop or hardtop sounds on your Jeep? I ran a fabric liner on my hardtop and its sounds a lot quieter. This mod took 2x can of headliner glue and 1x 6x8 floor mat. Total cost of $50.

Well worth the time and money mod.

View attachment 214519

View attachment 214520

View attachment 214521

View attachment 214522

View attachment 214523

View attachment 214524

View attachment 214526
Now you can use it to wipe the mud off your shoes when it's sitting on the garage floor during the warmer months.:)

Last edited:
She is a trailer queen/non daily driver and resides in Kali. Would it be best to run output to radiator cooler then external cooler and back to trans? Long Island is a few degrees colder.
I run mine through the OE radiator cooler, then to my aftermarket cooler then back to transmission.

Reactions: WSS
Put some KillMat in just now. I'm kinda doing section by section. I have the front passenger side and the rear cargo area done. Haven't driven it yet. Hope that little bit I installed helped a little bit with sound.

Although last night I ran a Decibel meter while driving (in town) and it never got up past 73db.
Highway here I come.
Interested in your results.

Interested in your results.

Well, I haven't started the front drivers side yet but I drove it around today and I must say it is a lot quieter inside.
So I'm guessing that it will be even better when I finish the driver's side and put a boom mat headliner in (or something similar)

It gets hot as hell here in Southwest Arizona. So that headliner should help a little bit.
But when it's 120°+ nothing is safe from that kinda heat.