What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced the front driveshaft with one from Adams after listening to the"angry sparrows" for the last few weeks.
Had I known what that noise meant, maybe I should have stopped driving it and would just have to replace the double cardon joint rather than the whole thing.

Removed all the extra wiring from the PO. I found power and ground wires behind the glovebox cut and not wired to anything. Speaker/amp cables cut and not connected to anything. And the faux aftermarket rear locker switch? you guessed it, not connected to anything! Removed the old uniden and the speaker box under the hood. I'm new to this so let me ask, why have a speaker box under the hood? Kept the antenna set up for future considerations. By undoing everything I learned a ton. The faux rear locker switch seemed to be an unfinished attempt at a locker override.

Reactions: RHP61 and RINC
I didn't have time to post last weekend as we had friends over for the holidays. I have been a busy beaver though. I pulled my gas tank and fixed the overflow issue some of the 05's had. I will be sealing and painting the underbody while its out, probably in 2 weekends. I jumped back to the interior to get that all buttoned up. All the wires are run proper like for the S sens for the GPS to function correctly. I added a front cam and a rear view cam. I'm running a kenwood ddx8906s. I will also be doing the Idata pass through as I got a skim module to make hooking up the remote start a bit easier. I also tapped the ebrake line so that ground circuit will work. I ran the spare USB to the glove box as thats clean and will be just running a charger for my phone and for the apple car play functions, out from the dash. I also had to run the mic and heat shape the outer bezel to make it curve to the TJ dash. Looks pretty sharp now. Also now the hard top rewire and heated seats are completely hooked up and ready to roll. I am almost done hooking up the interior part of my ML6 controller. I also have my grille reassembled. New rad, Ac condensor and paint. Oh yeah and new headlight baseplates as a deer took mine out awhile back. Old AC condensor and Rad were fine just wanted to be safe while I was in this deep.
IMG_1747.JPG
IMG_1748.JPG
IMG_1749.JPG
IMG_1769.JPG
IMG_1770.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG
IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1778.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG

I drained and filled the manual transmission (NSG370) and transfer (231) cases this afternoon. I don't think either had ever been done in my Jeep's 104,000+ miles. I'd not had any troubles shifting, but figured it was time. I also wanted a more little piece of mind knowing all the major fluids have been replaced since last March when I bought this Jeep.

The transmission's magnetic plug was fuzzy as expected; the transfer case had no shavings. Both fluids came out brown, no milkiness. Red Line MTL went into the transmission and the transfer was filled with Castrol ATF+4.

Test drive was good, shifting feels smoother, and the box sounded quieter, if that's possible. Transfer case worked like it's supposed to. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.
Glad you had a good experience with the Red Line. I have put it into two NSG370's that quickly developed hard 1-2 shifts.

Ordered new fuel pump assembly today for the Lj. Long overdue but she's been a faithful 2 crack starting Lj long enough. Pictures due to come once install starts.

Glad you had a good experience with the Red Line. I have put it into two NSG370's that quickly developed hard 1-2 shifts.
Well, to be fair it was only about a 10-15 mile trip. How soon did you notice your hard shifting?
I was leery about using the MTL, but figured I can drain it and put MOPAR back in if it does begin acting up.

Well, to be fair it was only about a 10-15 mile trip. How soon did you notice your hard shifting?
I was leery about using the MTL, but figured I can drain it and put MOPAR back in if it does begin acting up.
Almost immediately but it has been pointed out that I am in a very small minority that was not happy with MTL. I hope it works for you. Mainly, shifts 1-2 were painfully slow and not smooth with the MTL

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
Almost immediately but it has been pointed out that I am in a very small minority that was not happy with MTL. I hope it works for you. Mainly, shifts 1-2 were painfully slow and not smooth with the MTL
I did not notice a problem right away, but will keep an eye out for it. Did you just go back to the Mopar fluid, and did that help?

Did you apply for the Badge of Honor?
How bad was Heart Attack Hill? After watching the video of the lady losing control, I'm a little nervous.
I assume the squeeze wasn't an issue... But I may want to run it with the soft top or topless.

Did you apply for the Badge of Honor?
How bad was Heart Attack Hill? After watching the video of the lady losing control, I'm a little nervous.
I assume the squeeze wasn't an issue... But I may want to run it with the soft top or topless.
No badge of honor.
Heart attack is appropriately named. I’m fortunate to have a well built rig. Went down the left (as viewed from the top) side. Back up the same side. Winched at the top because I was in a hurry. I can see how the lady lost control. It’s steep. You can loose it if you have the Incorrect gearing (mostly transfer case) to control the descent.
Squeeze is fine for TJ’s. Made it both directions without issue.

L
Photos make those look like 3D printed parts. Are they? How was the install? Did you have to remove the seat?
They do seem to be 3D. It's pretty cheap plastic, so we'll see how they hold up. I did remove the seat, but it's possible to install these with them still in. I just chose not to fight it and spend the 5 minutes to take the seat out.

They do seem to be 3D. It's pretty cheap plastic, so we'll see how they hold up. I did remove the seat, but it's possible to install these with them still in. I just chose not to fight it and spend the 5 minutes to take the seat out.
Thanks for the info. I think I might see about 3D printing a set.

Just installed the winch and bumper I got yesterday. Not a fan of big bumpers, but couldn't resist the price for it all. Got a Warn 9.5ti in perfect condition and the bumper for 750$ I'll end up giving the bumper away when I get everything else done, and ready for a different one.
KIMG0385.JPG

Just installed the winch and bumper I got yesterday. Not a fan of big bumpers, but couldn't resist the price for it all. Got a Warn 9.5ti in perfect condition and the bumper for 750$ I'll end up giving the bumper away when I get everything else done, and ready for a different one.View attachment 215292
That’s a good looking bumper, but man, I’ll bet those are heavy.

Micro project:

26.jpg

This had the advantage that it worked. I was never too thrilled with it, and its kinda in the way of my upcoming winch connection. So I...

25e.jpg

Modded the fuse box slightly so I could move the BlueSea unit up here.

25d.jpg

I think this is mo' bettah - and even leaves room for additional units like this should I ever need them.

25f.jpg

Had to gnaw on the lid's splash guard a bit though.

Reactions: j8ksdad
Lower boot for the gear shift lever came in yesterday, so I put it on this morning. Ran into a small issue with getting the gear shift lever removed from the transmission so I could slide on the new boot.

A little internet research revealed that you need need two 6mm bolts with nuts to remove it. You thread them in these holes on each side of the gear shift, then tight down the nuts. After that, the lever slides strait up pretty easy.

20210103_115747.jpg