What did you do to your TJ today?

Save the oil and get a oil analysis done on the used oil. It will tell you what is up. Only steel sticks to magnets. Lead, copper, etc. will only show on a oil sample analysis. May not be as bad as it looks.
Do you not think thats an excessive amount of metal on a sump plug magnet?
I am not used to plug magnets, my 06 had old black oil when I bought it but no metal on the plug.
Does brass/copper flakes mean more serious damage?

Started some stuff, here's a teaser. Had to leave it like this until tomorrow, missed on ordering a second adjuster sleeve and tie rod end but O'Reilly's should have me taken care of tomorrow am.

View attachment 215253

View attachment 215254

Started some stuff, here's a teaser. Had to leave it like this until tomorrow, missed on ordering a second adjuster sleeve and tie rod end but O'Reilly's should have me taken care of tomorrow am.

View attachment 215253

View attachment 215254
Drove through Muskogee on the 27th and again on the 2nd on our way back and forth to my daughters in Dallas, stopped at Thomas diner and the Catfish Ranch. Both were really good.

How do you like it? I've had this thing in my cart for two years now, can't seem to pull the trigger on it and it only keeps getting more expensive.

Today I adjusted the collar on my drag link to fix my steering wheel postion, finally.
After I installed it yesterday, I did not go for a test drive. I will be doing that today as I drive it to work. Hopefully I don't hate myself for not testing it beforehand. lol

Reactions: RipSteakface
Little things. Installed Christmas gifts from the wife. Clear turn signal and marker lights, and spot lights on the windshield mounts, new phone charger cord, and military styled battery connectors. Have not wired in the lights yet, but wanted her to see me put them on.

BF64AA74-4D15-4446-B2D5-7CEBF5FC9C3A.jpeg

FD267930-2E3F-4F87-B9BB-21AEFD03E34F.jpeg

The door surrounds are Bestop? I have the same uppers and mine fit very well with a hard top and pretty good with Bestop surrounds.
Yes, I have the Bestop surrounds. Mine don't fit well at the top corner and the seal at the back bottom doesn't hit anything at all on the surround. That part isn't to much of an issue, I can easily put a piece of foam window seal on the back section that does go over the surround. It is the top rear corners that are the worst.

I feel if I had a new seal and could put it on the upper so it goes right along the outside edge instead of the inside, it may work a bit better. But it still seems like the whole upper could sit bit higher.

Here are the 2 problem areas. This pic here is the part I'm talking about at the bottom. You can see how the seal on the door doesn't even get close to the surround. This isn't a huge issue.

A0E8A2AF-61BC-4A60-8470-1946250A5B5B.jpeg

This is the main issue. Both top corners have gaps. The driver side isn't as bad, but still has a gap.

94B04196-7E8F-4852-836B-970FBDB14625.jpeg

I do have to say that after driving to work and back, I really like them. Even stopped at a Starbucks, and even though the window doesn't open that much, I was still able to easily pay and get my drink. Now one isn't going to be bringing in a 4 cup cupholder from McDonalds, but it is still not bad as for as getting drinks. :D

It did rain a bit during the night when it was parked out in the parking lot and I didn't see or feel any wetness on the inside. Not sure how hard it rained though. I also drove it home in a sprinkle and I didn't get wet, so that is a bonus. LOL Not sure how my "fix" for the corners will do in a downpour but I guess I will eventually find out. :D

We need a network of half door traders so we can all get the right color doors without having to pay 100's to get them re-painted.

View attachment 215460

LOL Too funny, I was just thinking about something like that for uppers. I bought a pair of tan uppers, and thought, instead of painting them, to bad there wasn't some sort of trade thing one could do to get the right color. :D

I think shipping would be the deal breaker though. Could get costly, but at the same time, it may be worth it to not have to deal with painting and repainting when it gets scratched. :D

We need a network of half door traders so we can all get the right color doors without having to pay 100's to get them re-painted.

View attachment 215460
$80 in supplies, spray gun from HF @$50. I was not going to pay $350 to have repainted. Painted in the drive way one summer morning with no wind. A little buffing and they look great.

I knew my doors were the wrong color when I bought them but for $200 I could not pass them up.
That's a steal. I would do the same thing for that price. $550 is the going price around here for half doors in good condition. Professional painting is crazy expensive for a perfect match job where I live. Painting would be more than the door purchase.

Reactions: Blondie70
Little things. Installed Christmas gifts from the wife. Clear turn signal and marker lights, and spot lights on the windshield mounts, new phone charger cord, and military styled battery connectors. Have not wired in the lights yet, but wanted her to see me put them on.

View attachment 215558

View attachment 215559
Nice looking jeep. If you want your clear lenses to look more clear without the orange color from the buld showing, you can get the chrome colored amber bulbs. That'll make your clear lenses look clear when the bulb is off.

Reactions: Fixer6
Nice looking jeep. If you want your clear lenses to look more clear without the orange color from the buld showing, you can get the chrome colored amber bulbs. That'll make your clear lenses look clear when the bulb is off.
Thanks, I’ll look into that. The fact that my wife picked them out was the bigger plus for me. Not that it indicates I can go crazy with mods, but a little here, a little there might be doable. 👍🏻 😈

Zorba - If you want to make it sparkle like you have never experienced before I suggest you take 15 minutes and treat it with Adams Graphene Ceramic spray. (Make sure there is no overspray or condemnation on the paint before you do it.)

Reactions: Jamison C
Zorba - If you want to make it sparkle like you have never experienced before I suggest you take 15 minutes and treat it with Adams Graphene Ceramic spray. (Make sure there is no overspray or condemnation on the paint before you do it.)
Ain't worth it - anything closer and the defects show up!