What did you do to your TJ today?

Ain't worth it - anything closer and the defects show up!
I agree. When I sold my Jeep, the guy used that ceramic coating on the paint. After being in the sun the past 6 months, the paint looks worse than it ever did. I found a 3M flame red gloss vinyl to match the paint. I'm going to try it around my windshield frame when the weather gets warmer. Dried dead bug guts from the Texas PO was the cause of my paint problems.:(

My pups wanted more months of airflow, and I wanted to have a hardtop all year (security and sound wave retention).
After a few ideas I found some cheap diamond plate on Offerup.
Felt like a mad scientist when it all came together.
Next up is the rear window. Then a simple sunroof.

IMG_20201222_123308712_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201211_093509857_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201211_093446403_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201210_141516151_HDR.jpg

Bit the bullet and bought a Crown OPDA for my 06 for a just in case $43US shipping to Australia but not sure I could get a Crown unit here anyway so still worth it! Also put some Motorkote in the engine lets see if it cures the lifter chatter at start up or kills it :)

Reactions: Blondie70
Zorba - If you want to make it sparkle like you have never experienced before I suggest you take 15 minutes and treat it with Adams Graphene Ceramic spray. (Make sure there is no overspray or condemnation on the paint before you do it.)
This inspired me to get off my lazy holiday ass and polish my shit paintwork! people in the apartments opposite my house must think I am stupid but hey the dont have a F@ck#G jeep lol, Its pretty hard when every day is 100 or over! early morning or very late afternoon is my time :) I now have a 50/50 TJ too lol and pictures paint a thousand lies! paint work is real shit believe me.

Lazy ass.jpg

Last edited:
This inspired me to get off my lazy holiday ass and polish my shit paintwork! people in the apartments opposite my house must think I am stupid but hey the dont have a F@ck#G jeep lol, Its pretty hard when every day is 100 or over! early morning or very late afternoon is my time :) I now have a 50/50 TJ too lol and pictures paint a thousand lies! paint work is real shit believe me.

View attachment 215735
From here in Nashville, it looks good from 11,108 miles away...