What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally found an outfit
When @Zorba says that, I always really get edgy....😆😆. Just messing with Ya again Zorb.

Fixed a weird pop my 06 had...I get elated every time I solve something, forgetting that something is always around the corner coming at me next.

For the books, cross member nut sert or rivnut, whatever the correct term is. It's a good idea to be familiar with those on these if you wrench a little on yours. Greased my 03 and cleaned up my 06 running light wires so they are out of harm's way .... getting ready to do rear lights on it and relocate some switches soon. Polished the windows from an impromptu late night wheeling trip that went very wrong. ....man Plast-X works.

@Hog is coming tomorrow and so is @Claybirdd ...some good old garage hanging on a cold Saturday. Tell our wives we will be back to the house about February.

Washed the road salt off it. It took two weeks for the salt to wash off the roads after they prepped for the ice storm.
Rubi decal 10 29 1.jpg

replacing the OPDA... Mi tick was not at startup. It started ticking when temp reached 50-60 deg, and stopped just before fully warm
Ahh, that is "start up" temp in my neck of the woods. Today, my scangauge read 68º at start up. The tick continues till it passes 130º, then smooth and clean. OPDA it is. Thanks!

Ahh, that is "start up" temp in my neck of the woods. Today, my scangauge read 68º at start up. The tick continues till it passes 130º, then smooth and clean. OPDA it is. Thanks!
Got a recording of the tick? I have only ever heard the "laughing monkeys" squeal mentioned like in the vid
I thought lifter ticking noise at start up was quite common on the 4.0?
Why would an OPDA only make a noise at start up in a warm climate?
Just asking to understand any future 06 problems. :)

@Hog and I serviced his 32RH, changed his #1 plug buried behind the a/c compressor, fought with his front bump stop install til we were red in the face...those blame poly ones just don't want to squeeze in, and he stripped the paint on some bolts on his outer bead ring for a great look. Talking more about TJ Fest and just had a great time hanging out in the shed with Todd the Weiner Dog.

All 4.0's run nice generally, but his is like a sewing machine. Apparently was towed and the engine is still really tight.

Something needs to be said for those Sahara seats. Those things are downright plush. His 97 seats smoke my 03 and 06, by far.

Last edited:
I need to do this. Guy I bought it from “repaired” one of the cables with hardware store parts and it’s stretched out. I assumed the cables were available separately but this looks like the cables come as an assembly. Does this part number replace both sides?

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...xtra1=&extra2=&filter=(E=ERH;T=DDD;M=Rubicon)

yep. That’s the one. I find it easier to remove the seat cover. If you run your hand up the seat cover you can disengage the velcro...a couple push pins on the bottom and it’s fairly easy.

I purchased the piece you linked. It is the pull as well as the cables. Complete repair in 5 minutes.

let me know if you have any questions.