What did you do to your TJ today?

Today I installed My THOR cold air intake. I also finished mounting the under hood portion of the rough country ML6 Controller. A quick heads up Those 2 products were definitely mot designed to work together. The ML6 controller uses the 2 grounds into the firewall. Unfortunately the ground closer to the passenger side is eliminated using the THOR cold air system. I cut the tabs on the ML6 mounts and was able to push it driver just enough to get it mounted and still have room for the THOR shourd that sticks into the engine bay. I also added a AFE Silver bullet throttle body spacer. I know, I know. But I wanted to try it. So hate me if you want. Plus I think the sound is cool. So there. Haha. The THOR shourd that sticks into the engine bay needs some massaging if you use a hole saw to cut your firewall. It was designed to stick into a square cut opening just slightly.

b3788a46-c6b9-4342-b876-4b13c105a34f.jpg
43e8ad06-ba88-401a-8100-00cf99e37dbe.jpg

I changed the spark plugs in my 4.0 liter TJ yesterday. ‘One of the easiest things I’ve done to ANY vehicle. I installed Autolite Irridium XP 985 plugs. The Jeep didn’t run bad before the change, but it somehow seems to run stronger & smoother now. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but it sure didn’t hurt anything. ☺️
Due to the low miles on my TJ (31,000; ‘probably towed behind a motorhome) I’m sure that it still had the original NGK spark plugs. They looked pretty good when I took them out. ‘Not burned up & no oil on them. Just for grins I decided to check the gaps & I found them to be anywhere from .030 - .045! Maybe that’s why it seems to run so good now. 🙄☺️👍

Everyone that gets in my jeep says the same thing. I don’t know what it is but they’re the most comfortable TJ seats I’ve ever sat in.
They are absolutely nice...and make the ride better. It’s like comparing motorcycle suspension...bikes with better seats feel better suspended..whether they are or not.

Something needs to be said for those Sahara seats. Those things are downright plush. His 97 seats smoke my 03 and 06, by far.
The older Sahara seats are the same as all other 97-02 seats, just a different two tone cover. I've had three Sahara TJs. Jeep didn't change the actual seats until 03'.
  • Taller seat backs
  • Softer seats
  • Seats are lower sitting (more like a car)

Reactions: Blondie70
I changed the spark plugs in my 4.0 liter TJ yesterday. ‘One of the easiest things I’ve done to ANY vehicle. I installed Autolite Irridium XP 985 plugs. The Jeep didn’t run bad before the change, but it somehow seems to run stronger & smoother now. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but it sure didn’t hurt anything. ☺️
Due to the low miles on my TJ (31,000; ‘probably towed behind a motorhome) I’m sure that it still had the original NGK spark plugs. They looked pretty good when I took them out. ‘Not burned up & no oil on them. Just for grins I decided to check the gaps & I found them to be anywhere from .030 - .045! Maybe that’s why it seems to run so good now. 🙄☺️👍
Good choice. I run those in all of my Jeeps. You'll never need to change them again.

Reactions: Zorba and Mudflat
yep. That’s the one. I find it easier to remove the seat cover. If you run your hand up the seat cover you can disengage the velcro...a couple push pins on the bottom and it’s fairly easy.

I purchased the piece you linked. It is the pull as well as the cables. Complete repair in 5 minutes.

let me know if you have any questions.
I wish the front seats were so simple, I’ve done both of mine. Did the McGyver style for now, I’ll pay for it later when they break again. Front cables seem a bit higher in cost

Replaced fuel injectors with Bosh 4 hole injectors. I can definitely tell the difference. Still have the emergency brake and clock spring to go, the list is getting shorter.

I wish the front seats were so simple, I’ve done both of mine. Did the McGyver style for now, I’ll pay for it later when they break again. Front cables seem a bit higher in cost
I saw some videos on how to parts from a bicycle but with my preggo wife with a terrorist 2 year old, I have to spend a few extra bucks to save an hour.

I saw some videos on how to parts from a bicycle but with my preggo wife with a terrorist 2 year old, I have to spend a few extra bucks to save an hour.
Lol makes complete sense. I’ll eventually replace them correctly, didn’t care during summer, kids could climb up the tire and over the side

Reactions: Blondie70
Installed Rubicon flares that I picked up off another member. A lot of work for that additional inch of tire coverage. Oh yea...I was reminded that I hate nucking futserts
2F42EECB-7A7A-4BE4-9664-6E8194530621.jpeg
A2886C74-A4DB-4607-A2BB-D9AC2BBDB6A2.jpeg

7EA4A7D2-0974-45FF-B98D-9A1F1B6BBC02.jpeg
D5C95F3B-D295-4176-A809-1BB18BB49867.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you paint them? What paint?
They were in really good condition but I decided to paint them anyways so they don’t fade. Scratched them up with some fine grit sandpaper then had some Krylon satin black for plastics on the shelf. Hit it with two coats.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper