What did you do to your TJ today?

Not too exciting, but installed a new battery after my old one didn't hold charge after 10 days of not driving. Seems small but the higher CCA than the one I removed takes it one step closer to being a reliable camping vehicle!

Plus it's around 2 degrees at my house so it was an endeavor regardless of how easy it was.

Replaced what I think was an aftermarket coolant temp sensor with OEM - to correct goofy coolant temp readings. Thread elsewhere.

Replaced EP27 Hazard Light Relay with LM470 from AutoZone - fixed hazard light buzzing issues that weve had since buying the Jeep 2-1/2 years ago. Thread elsewhere.

Replaced burned out left rear light bulb.

Picked up The Hulk from the shop after his engine replacement. New 4.0 long block, new oil pump, water pump, plugs, t-stat and all hoses. I had no idea the I6 sounded this good when it's new!

Plus, they repaired the broken motor mount I was planning on having to do this summer, as well as replacing the pilot bearing which cured my shift issues. While the motor was out, they looked at the clutch as well, and it apparently won't need replacing as I'd feared. Rounding out the other repairs was a new oil pan, oil pressure switch and idler pulley.

5 year warranty means peace of mind, especially since they are part of a nationwide network, and I won't need to get it towed back to the Mitten if it craps out at TJ Fest.

Next up is brakes, installing the Rancho 5000X shocks I got for Christmas, and putting on an oil pan skid to protect my shiny new pan.

Today I replaced the incorrect 03-04 front console that was in mine when I bought it with the correct 05-06 front console
It didn't need replacing but once I figured out the what I had in there wasn't correct it needed fixin

Took it out and played with it

secrect pass az

001(5).jpg

001(4).jpg

001(227).jpg

001(6).jpg

001(228).jpg

Last edited:
Well I pulled everything off the dash and the barrel is still spinning....I might need a new ignition barre.... dammit !!! 🤬
CEBD9C4D-DBD5-4D19-A4DB-5F606F4B6C2F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DuncLJ and Vasq
Today I replaced the incorrect 03-04 front console that was in mine when I bought it with the correct 05-06 front console
It didn't need replacing but once I figured out the what I had in there wasn't correct it needed fixin
What’s the difference between the consoles?

yes it does! Your paint is in good condition...original or touch-up? Have you replaced or re-painted the fenders ( I hate them...they always want to be grey :p ). What bumper/winch are you runnin'?
I’ve only owned the Jeep since September of last year. According to the CARFAX report, I am the second owner not counting the dealership where I bought it. The original owner lived in Arkansas where the dealership (Select Jeeps in League City, Texas near Houston) bought it at auction to bring it to their lot in Texas.
As near as I can tell, the paint is original & the black plastic trim parts have never been painted. I waxed the Jeep with 2 coats of Griot’s Garage 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax. I love that stuff. It also really wakes up the black plastic trim which was in really good shape even before I waxed it.
The Jeep came with the lift, tires & wheels that you see. Having the wheels balanced, lowering the tire pressure to 26 psi & having the worn track bar & tie rod ends replaced along with a front end alignment make it drive really nice on the highway.
We replaced the front bumper to a Smittybilt bumper/winch combo (9500# winch) because the bumper that came on the Jeep didn’t look substantial enough for us to tow it behind our motorhome. I really wanted a winch & I found the wife in an agreeable mood.
In a couple of months I plan to get rid of those terrible 3.07 gears & upgrade to 4.56 with either True Track of selectable lockers. I haven’t decided.