What did you do to your TJ today?

finally got around to installing the thumb throttle that has been sitting on a shelf for 2 years.. did a quick crawl test and i can already tell it will be a nice creature comfort..

also got replacement poly bushings for the old aluminium antirock. gonna clean it up to get it ready for the next owner!

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Delivery driver brought me this:

PXL_20210224_231609700.jpg

Little while off from being ready to install it but the Discount Bandit deal was way too good to pass up!

finally got around to installing the thumb throttle that has been sitting on a shelf for 2 years.. did a quick crawl test and i can already tell it will be a nice creature comfort..

also got replacement poly bushings for the old aluminium antirock. gonna clean it up to get it ready for the next owner!
Which one did you go with?

Set my '06 rear light wires up, found a great led for behind the back seat, and capped the stock bumper ends...painted on my metal insta trunk or whatever it is, shopping for c range mud tires, and generally having a big ol time ...

Drove to Weiss Lake where @Hog owns a lake house again tonight to take him 2 half doors we bought (he found them...I'm telling you guys he can locate anything)

My 03 is basically done for now...not saying forever, but it's at the point it works so well I'm afraid to mess with it (not because it's so awesome...but because I'm not)
I'm sure it will give me something that needs done if I don't create something.

@Claybirdd and I may do his hand throttle soon...if he has his squirrel problem solved. I don't want to steal the thunder....but he's got a new one for us he needs to post. It's great.

@Chief Brohician has a lift coming, he has already done some great tires and has his looking good.
Thanks @AndyG . I appreciate you helping me with the 4x4 linkage when I first returned from deployment.

The OME 2.5” complete lift kit, OME steering stabilizer, 4 new bump stops, a set of Rocky-Road Outfitters super kick sliders are on back order. The phone / walk-in-talkie grab bar mount, metal grab handles, & dead pedal is on the way. Added 6” LED spot beam fog lamps, need to get some LED head lamps. Added a complete set of five Hercules M/T 31”x10.5xR15. Added the metal hide-a-trunk. Need to install the OEM console sub with a new subwoofer & amp, new speakers and amps for the dash & sound bar, and a new stereo this spring. Covid has put a fork in my plans still recovering. This way I am up at 2 am, metallic tasting foam acid reflux that I didn’t have before. I cannot decide on which stereo to go with. I also added a seven pin connection into the factory bumper. Looks good but need to check the connections. Sometimes reverse lights stay on, other times they turn off. I need to install the factory cruise control parts I bought. That sums it up. Will take pictures as installs happen. Oh an the 6” LED fog lamps will eventually move to the factory location and two more 6” spot beam fog lamps or a 20” LED flood light bar will go on the KC Hightlights grill guard bar.Also twin switch bezel is going to happen even if I have to order two more factory switch bezels to mate together.

FB5EF98E-0891-4E90-9864-3C945310667C.jpeg

6DB24779-C8AC-4ED7-B88E-332610B72A3A.jpeg

Last edited:
Been slowly installing my new pioneer powered sub TS-WX400DA. Was initially planning on installing the sub in the stock configuration however it was too big and heavy for my liking.

Decided to install it under the passenger seat. With 1 inch seat risers it fits perfectly.

I spent a lot of time measuring and test fitting the rear sub support (pine wood).

20210225_122838.jpg

Routed the power cable on the door side, and the RCA cables with accessory control wire up the centre of the Jeep. Wrapped wires in tesa tape and cable ties for a clean install.

Power cable was routed through an existing firewall grommet to the battery. It is only a small gauge wire (yellow) so I'm guessing it can be spliced into existing wires for power?

20210224_185640.jpg

20210225_172339.jpg

Progress so far is a subwoofer working (thank God) and clearance from the seat.

Just need to cover the pine wood in black auto carpet and reinstall the centre console.

20210225_172014.jpg

20210225_172249.jpg

Let's here what you've done to your TJ today!

I'll start by saying I gave her the biggest, most thorough cleaning possible!
New headlights installed on the wifes 04 sport,replaced crankshaft sensor for the 3rd time in six months? Something keeps ripping the heads off the sensor.
Let's here what you've done to your TJ today!

I'll start by saying I gave her the biggest, most thorough cleaning possible!