What did you do to your TJ today?

Took a ride up to Petit Jean mountain and then up to the Buffalo River area..

41734393-4C22-4714-9718-27F919B9F5EA.jpeg

C4F9ABFC-FFEA-476C-B8DD-76300626BBBE.jpeg

637C5534-32F1-49AC-9E36-9736C64BC691.jpeg

I like the look of these that were on my LJ before I went aftermarket bumpers. Just looked though and not sure you can get them as Quadratec now lists them as not available. Armadillo Industries parts #s 11902 and 11903 I think.

View attachment 232037
Those are the Stubby end caps, Rockauto has them, I will be getting a set as the flat endcaps I put on dont look as good.
Mopar makes them as well but they are expensive

@Claybirdd came up and we worked on his shifter and his transfer case linkage and console...
After we scouted a new trail.

Then we decided to go wheeling and I had to show off my driving skills and get a Rubicon stuck on flat ground... Luckily the winch line barely reached a tree.

So once we got out of that Quagmire we went to the Rocky Hill climb I like to play on so I could give the Bird a locker demonstration..he's sold.

Got a killer barbecue sandwich and also went and raided the local Harbor Freight.. then we came back and buffed his hood after the mud pit episode in my 06.

A very manly Saturday.

Last edited:
@Claybirdd came up and we worked on his shifter and his transfer case linkage and console...
After we scouted a new trail.

Then we decided to go wheeling and I had to show off my driving skills and get a Rubicon stuck on flat ground... Luckily the winch line barely reached a tree.

So once we got out of that Quagmire we went to the Rocky Hill climb I like to play on so I can give the Bird a locker demonstration..he's sold.

Got a killer barbecue sandwich and also went and raided the local Harbor Freight.. then we came back and left his hood after the mud pit episode in my 06.

A very manly Saturday.
Lockers are definitely in the VERY near future. I'm constantly amazed at what these things are capable of.

It's always nice having friend you can wheel and wrench with. @AndyG is a heck of a guy. Absolutely top notch.

Under the steering column, tye-wrapped to the HVAC duct. Its just a little 300 watter that's about the same age as the Jeep or a tad older. I inherited it from my father.
View attachment 231597
Zorba, Buddy, I am always interested in the awesome mods and up-dates you're tossing at the TJ. Looking at this photo I must ask, did you have a bobcat naw off those zip-ties?!?!?!
I notice those things. In the helicopter world we use a LOT of zip-ties, we use them to hold anything down to prevent chafing. If a Tech left jagged edges like that I'd have to counsel them and provide additional training on the use of Flush Cutters. Those edges will lacerate the crap out of a forearm reaching past.
Please, please, please clean up those edges before you post a sliced up arm!! :)

Let's here what you've done to your TJ today!

I'll start by saying I gave her the biggest, most thorough cleaning possible!
Nice! I replaced the tps sensor and no longer getting any codes which is nice. Yesterday I spliced wire for the first time while extending my third brake light up using hockey pucks as spacers. These Jeeps are too much fun.

Reactions: Johnfromphilly
Pulled my fuel pump for the third time this week. After the bosch pump modules refused to hold pressure 5 minutes after shutting the vehicle off, I just picked up a Delphi full unit from the parts store down the street that had it in stock. Jeep fires up instantly again, and by replacing the full unit, I got a proper gauge reading again as well! From the looks of it, an OE style pump module appears to fit in the delphi housing. If this one goes on me prematurely, I might try my luck with bosch again and replace in the Delphi housing. I know there were some threads questioning if that could be done, but never saw confirmation. It at least appears identical to OE spec.

Zorba, Buddy, I am always interested in the awesome mods and up-dates you're tossing at the TJ. Looking at this photo I must ask, did you have a bobcat naw off those zip-ties?!?!?!
I notice those things. In the helicopter world we use a LOT of zip-ties, we use them to hold anything down to prevent chafing. If a Tech left jagged edges like that I'd have to counsel them and provide additional training on the use of Flush Cutters. Those edges will lacerate the crap out of a forearm reaching past.
Please, please, please clean up those edges before you post a sliced up arm!! :)
Yea, you're right. We used a shit ton of tye-wraps in a marine environment and I do indeed "know better". Just like my late electrician father used to do all kinds of crap on his own stuff - like leave a switch sticking out of the wall on a pigtail for about 5 years - ya know how that goes! Next time I'm in that way, I'll be sure to dyke them off flush...

Between coats I added some Sylvania LEDs to my footwell lights. Those were ok. However, I tried adding the same brand of LEDs to my backup lights, and no, they were not good. I didn't even put the lens cover on because compared to the regular bulb on the opposite side, they were just weak.

So if you're at the big box store getting spray paint and think you want to get these for your backups, don't.
I think you might've had something wrong with yours or maybe just that brand sucks eggs cause I went from almost not being able to see with whatever bulb was in there to may as well have a lightbar back there bright with these LEDs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GTL2Z2J/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I've had them for two years now, still good.

I scratched my last F250 baaad with that very edge....luckily it sanded out. They are sharp.

Reactions: Andrew Mac