What did you do to your TJ today?

Yea, you're right. We used a shit ton of tye-wraps in a marine environment and I do indeed "know better". Just like my late electrician father used to do all kinds of crap on his own stuff - like leave a switch sticking out of the wall on a pigtail for about 5 years - ya know how that goes! Next time I'm in that way, I'll be sure to dyke them off flush...
Check out Walmart’s $20 auto electrical kit deal....has a lot for the money .

Reactions: Andrew Mac
I like the look of these that were on my LJ before I went aftermarket bumpers. Just looked though and not sure you can get them as Quadratec now lists them as not available. Armadillo Industries parts #s 11902 and 11903 I think.

View attachment 232037
Couldn't get them this small but bought the smaller than Mopar front Jugs for Mexico imports with all Torx included off Rockauto today! I actually hate the flat Rugged Ridge end caps I put on with a passion! (Cheap and nasty Chinese ill fitting rubbish) :( Good to have a choice anyway and just need to spend some $ out of boredom lol

I’m sure there are many opinions here, but I REALLY like those old school wheels. The old Willys style “4 wheel drive” sticker just adds to the appeal.
Thank you. I made a stencil of the 4WD thing as an experiment, it didn't come out like I had hoped so I tried to wipe it off and most of it stayed. What e
was left was kind of "patina d" and i like the way it ended up. The fenders need to be repainted so I'll either have my daughter make me some stickers of I'll try the stencil again.

Oh it was totally the lamp design that sucked. I bought these on a whim (with little research) just to try them out.

After their disappointing performance I got looking into reviews. Evidently that brand made a lamp that was great, but then redesigned it to the type I bought, and those (I can confirm) suck.

Thanks for the feedback on yours, that performance is what I was hoping to get. Nice to know they've held up in the long-term too. That's the other side of the argument too, great brightness lamps suck if they burn out in under 6-9 months.

Tightened the 8mm bolts to the U joint straps on the rear driveshaft. Those Things were half way out!!! No wonder I have been getting odd knocks and vibration.

Word of caution to the wise, check these periodically. I added some blue loctite for good measure. Didn't bother with them before as I am doing an SYE and new drive shaft install when the weather gets better. 💩

I recently found out that there is a car wash by me that can do lifted vehicles. I drove 25 miles and paid 35.00 for their Diamond wash, which included a complete under carriage wash, interior clean and wax. The truck looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

The only downside, I got home and realized the 30.00 worth of quarters in my cup holders was all gone. So now it's a 65.00 car wash.

-yesterday, but JB conversions SS SYE, UCF aluminum ultra tcase skid and their lo pro mount
6371A9E4-1D16-45A9-8890-B6D89AC52F66.jpeg
2F94769D-9719-4C8B-826A-A759732592E1.jpeg
9A193108-1DF2-4F9D-B0A0-B47E9C7AE009.jpeg

-yesterday, but JB conversions SS SYE, UCF aluminum ultra tcase skid and their lo pro mount

That transfer case is very nice, had to go check them out after looking at your post. Glad you shared that!

And to add to the thread, not my Jeep but 2nd TJ center section frame repair complete. Now to move on to rear axle seals...it NEVER ends.

Reactions: Tree killer and D M
Reactions: D M