What did you do to your TJ today?

Cleaned the engine bay

IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_0995.jpeg

Replaced the clutch master and slave cylinder (a casualty of swapping the clutch) put on a new inner shift boot(another casualty of the clutch swap) also installed a 4" shift extender and a new shift knob.
Slowly but surely running out of odds and ends projects.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
New in the last week: clutch master, pedal pads, coolant container, led fogs/tail/back up lights, s-pod switch panel, replaced blown dash speakers, fix telescoping steering wheel, Morryde tailgate reinforcement mounted & painted/reinstalled door panels... then cruise to the beach 😎

D6E7F173-D598-4222-9D3B-95B8F21553E5.jpeg

FC150FF8-F899-4FD2-8293-1BE191C60503.jpeg

568D821F-37EC-4955-9224-F4D4FBD1DA7B.jpeg

A2697FFA-2011-4800-8968-91C94965D22B.jpeg

4513E5F0-978D-4C30-9C31-60B3A51BA3AD.jpeg

Disassembled and cleaned both fog lite lenses, and installed new LED bulbs. This pair of fog lites obviously were not an original pair, their conditions were different from each other. The lens on the right cleaned up with simple glass cleaner, the one of the left was a battle that involved citrus strip, phosphoric acid, and vinegar to get the white deposits off the inside...
DSC00433.JPG

Left is "before", Right is "after"

DSC00437.JPG

Same lenses as above, but this time both are "after".

Will re-install and test tomorrow.

I hate to do this here but I'm not getting much action where I posted this question... It isn't "What" I did to the TJ, but what I'm "going to do". Looking for a little guidance if you all don't mind...

I have an 05 Sport, 4.0 with the dreaded RLE 4 speed auto trans. I have the Dana 44 with a 3.73 gear. This is my daily driver and 98% of the time, I will driving on paved roads and the remaining 2% will be dirt roads, and rarely if ever, off road. Our roads are pretty flat here in metro Detroit so I'm not driving in hilly areas at all really which helps with the 3.73 and an increased tire size. I have the 2" Pro Comp springs and shock lift so I know I'm not going any larger than 33's and I am convinced that I will go with 32's before I would even consider 33's because everything I've read on this forum has me scared $h!tless to go with 33's because of my 3.73. I understand that I can turn my overdrive off to help with that but I do occasionally drive on the highway and I would still like to after I get new tires so that's another reason why I don't want 33's. Unless I can be convinced that I am over-reacting.

I am super bummed because I was so ready to buy the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's in the 32" but I just learned that they phased them out over the winter. Maybe sooner but they were available in October when I started my search. So plan B is probably going to be the BFG KO2's even though I don't think they are anywhere as nice looking as the ATZ's and the Cooper SST's are so expensive. Which brings me to another thing. Good news email today, I receive Mopar emails because I'm signed up for monthly email maintenance reminders for my Ram and I also get promotional emails of course but, back by popular demand, they have their annual buy 3 tires and get 1 for a $1 so what better time to buy!

As for wheels, please help me understand a little more about these as well. Going with the larger and wider tires I know I may have issues with rubbing so I want to avoid that. I will be getting 15x8 wheels and I think I need to select a wheel with something closer to a 3.75" backspace to avoid the tires from rubbing at full turn?? Am I on the right track as far as backspacing goes? I am looking to widen my stance some and I think the 3.75 BS will accomplish that while at the same time, clear me from any possibility of rubbing....hopefully, right? One more thing, does an offset matter for function or is that mainly for looks?

Original post location:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/help-with-wheel-and-tire-decision.47596/
Thank you to anyone that can help!

I hate to do this here but I'm not getting much action where I posted this question... It isn't "What" I did to the TJ, but what I'm "going to do". Looking for a little guidance if you all don't mind...

I have an 05 Sport, 4.0 with the dreaded RLE 4 speed auto trans. I have the Dana 44 with a 3.73 gear. This is my daily driver and 98% of the time, I will driving on paved roads and the remaining 2% will be dirt roads, and rarely if ever, off road. Our roads are pretty flat here in metro Detroit so I'm not driving in hilly areas at all really which helps with the 3.73 and an increased tire size. I have the 2" Pro Comp springs and shock lift so I know I'm not going any larger than 33's and I am convinced that I will go with 32's before I would even consider 33's because everything I've read on this forum has me scared $h!tless to go with 33's because of my 3.73. I understand that I can turn my overdrive off to help with that but I do occasionally drive on the highway and I would still like to after I get new tires so that's another reason why I don't want 33's. Unless I can be convinced that I am over-reacting.

I am super bummed because I was so ready to buy the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's in the 32" but I just learned that they phased them out over the winter. Maybe sooner but they were available in October when I started my search. So plan B is probably going to be the BFG KO2's even though I don't think they are anywhere as nice looking as the ATZ's and the Cooper SST's are so expensive. Which brings me to another thing. Good news email today, I receive Mopar emails because I'm signed up for monthly email maintenance reminders for my Ram and I also get promotional emails of course but, back by popular demand, they have their annual buy 3 tires and get 1 for a $1 so what better time to buy!

As for wheels, please help me understand a little more about these as well. Going with the larger and wider tires I know I may have issues with rubbing so I want to avoid that. I will be getting 15x8 wheels and I think I need to select a wheel with something closer to a 3.75" backspace to avoid the tires from rubbing at full turn?? Am I on the right track as far as backspacing goes? I am looking to widen my stance some and I think the 3.75 BS will accomplish that while at the same time, clear me from any possibility of rubbing....hopefully, right? One more thing, does an offset matter for function or is that mainly for looks?

Original post location:

For the tires have you looked around at not so obvious places for the MT's ?? Amazon Ebay just google search and scroll for days, I have had some good luck in the past doing this.

I hope that you size combo will work because that is what I plan on running after I get my lift, 15x8 Methods with 3.5 backspacing and -24mm offset going to run 33x12.50

Reactions: dschwes
For the tires have you looked around at not so obvious places for the MT's ?? Amazon Ebay just google search and scroll for days, I have had some good luck in the past doing this.

I hope that you size combo will work because that is what I plan on running after I get my lift, 15x8 Methods with 3.5 backspacing and -24mm offset going to run 33x12.50
Yeah, I've been scouring the web for them with no luck. I think the problem is the tire isn't stocked normally anywhere and the tire shops order from their distributors which just aren't getting them from MT. I've looked and looked. Believe me though, I will look until I buy and hope they turn up. I just need to make sure that I'm getting the right size first. I can find them all day in 33's.

Original post location:
Offset and backspacing are the same measurement from different directions. Forget about offset, you only care about backspacing and 3.75-4" is what you're after.
I don't have that automatic, but everything I have ever come across on here insinuates that it's a dog even when it's stock. Wanting a specific tire size for looks is perfectly ok, but with that transmission I would think you'll want to pick your end-all tire size and possible regear for that.
If not, I'd suggest sticking with 31's for now.

Reactions: dschwes