What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed my newly painted windshield frame and tailgate. When reassembling the tailgate I inadvertently locked it 🤦‍♂️now to find a locksmith.
Regarding windshield frames, it’s a total PITA to swap later with earlier and probably visa versa as well.
FFFFCA2F-BC93-4BE9-8DC9-AF53042B8147.jpeg
40AFE975-DF29-4B9E-8847-99E9D102AB21.jpeg

8942028C-3A0F-4917-AAB3-0B92D5466ED9.jpeg

Moving forward with changing out all fluids after the purchase..Going to get the radiator flushed later this week..local places are $150-$200...is that reasonable?..going to supply them with the Zerex G05...

Reactions: Johnfromphilly
Reactions: mastergunnera8
Moving forward with changing out all fluids after the purchase..Going to get the radiator flushed later this week..local places are $150-$200...is that reasonable?..going to supply them with the Zerex G05...
My mechanic did it for $60 but it was in the shop for State inspection so it was not a stand alone project. I did all of my other fluids but wanted them to do it because it is so much easier with the equipment they have.

its only full flush, they said that they flush the entire system, but not specifically drain the block or heater core...my dang heater sweats me out...is it recommended to do all of it?
If you read through the post I linked you'd see that if the block isn't fully drained it will dilute the coolant mix. That would be my main concern.

Reactions: D M
Finally installed my stereo upgrade. I went with the Clarion M508 head unit. My rationale, much like someone else mentioned, is that I am trying to keep a more stock appearance and the typical Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer stereos have a little too much bling. I also added a Sony in-line amp 45Wx4, four Polk 5.25 speakers and a new "stock" sub from Quadratec. The in-line amp was easy to install, since it did not need separate power from the battery. I'm going to use XM probably 99% of the time, so I didn't need anything with a CD player. It also has Bluetooth, Pandora and inputs for a USB and 3.5mm jack on the front in case I can't get a signal for some reason. Sounds pretty darn good and can hear the stereo well, even on the highway.

20210309_143335.jpg
20210309_143504.jpg

I've been gathering information on fixing what might be a sagging rear spring on my LJ's passenger side. I did know my rear jounce stops were gone and saw wetness on the passenger side shock. I had already received the new jounce stop, so I ordered shocks (Rancho RS5000Xs).

Thursday I replaced the dry-rotted, missing jounce stops in the rear coils.
Today new shocks arrived so I removed the red boots, masked the shafts, and sanded down the bodies. Painted them with a couple coats of Rustoleum satin black.

Between coats I added some Sylvania LEDs to my footwell lights. Those were ok. However, I tried adding the same brand of LEDs to my backup lights, and no, they were not good. I didn't even put the lens cover on because compared to the regular bulb on the opposite side, they were just weak.

So if you're at the big box store getting spray paint and think you want to get these for your backups, don't.

View attachment 231880
Made that same mistake with the sylvania LED's. They point backwards-ish to light up a reflector, which we don't have in our reverse lights. I ended up getting some LED's off amazon that have a little projector on the end to throw light straight out and they're fantastic!

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
File_001 (2).jpeg
Finally got around to installing drain holes in my frame, largest bit I had was 3/8 so hoping that's large enough.

Also started the process of fixing my fender rust and painting the fenders, today I got my flares off, stripped all the rust of the fenders and the inside, undercoated it, and put bondo on. Hoping it comes out better than on my last car, if its terrible I can always get new fenders easily enough.
File_000 (8).jpegFile_002.jpeg

Started on the rust under my doors too, and found out the previous owner had already put bondo there and must have not gotten rid of all the rust 🙁. So turns out that be a bigger issue than I though, guess I'll "have to" buy some sliders to cover it up after I get rid of the rust ;)