What did you do to your TJ today?

Made that same mistake with the sylvania LED's. They point backwards-ish to light up a reflector, which we don't have in our reverse lights. I ended up getting some LED's off amazon that have a little projector on the end to throw light straight out and they're fantastic!
Exactly! I was really suspicious of how they'd work given their design. Suspicions were confirmed.
I took them back, taped up just like in the picture along with the receipt and explained how they didn't work for my application; received a refund. Which was nice, because they were about $15 for the pair.

My wife was not so happy, I all the more. Today I installed a small underseat subwoofer.
now I not only have a good bass but also a massage seat, 😅

20210310_141256.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Brohician
Moving forward with changing out all fluids after the purchase..Going to get the radiator flushed later this week..local places are $150-$200...is that reasonable?..going to supply them with the Zerex G05...
For a radiator flush or all fluids? For a flush that's INSANE! I was quoted $150 labor to replace my radiator with antifreeze too, so I did it myself in under an hour.

Reactions: Blondie70
Sounds reasonable for a shop. Ask them if they are going to drain the block in addition to pulling the drain plug on the bottom of the radiator.
Maybe in Cali. That's the mechanics "old lady with money" price here. You need a good chemical flush to do any good. I do my Jeeps every 2-3 years. It costs me around $30 tops.

View attachment 232811
Finally got around to installing drain holes in my frame, largest bit I had was 3/8 so hoping that's large enough.

Also started the process of fixing my fender rust and painting the fenders, today I got my flares off, stripped all the rust of the fenders and the inside, undercoated it, and put bondo on. Hoping it comes out better than on my last car, if its terrible I can always get new fenders easily enough.
View attachment 232812View attachment 232813

Started on the rust under my doors too, and found out the previous owner had already put bondo there and must have not gotten rid of all the rust 🙁. So turns out that be a bigger issue than I though, guess I'll "have to" buy some sliders to cover it up after I get rid of the rust ;)
Make sure to prep the inside of the frame with some type of rust prevention/correction just to be safe.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
That's why I have no desire to EVER fold my windshield down. I'm scared my EC Jeep will look like that and have maggots feeding on dead mice wedged in there. I've watched way too many horror movies or Jeep forums.
I'm more of an early CJ with the windshield down kinda guy.

Reactions: matkal
I am way in over my head and have a few questions if thats ok.

I have a 2000 manual 4.0 Sahara and want to change the transfer case fluid. I have been looking online for hours and can't work out which case I have. Does anybody know?

Also, and I know this is going to sound very dense, but is transfer case fluid and transmission fluid the same thing?

Maybe in Cali. That's the mechanics "old lady with money" price here. You need a good chemical flush to do any good. I do my Jeeps every 2-3 years. It costs me around $30 tops.
I don't doubt that. Everything here is more $$$. The typical shop rate is anywhere between $100-$140hr.

• Wow
Reactions: TheBoogieman