What did you do to your TJ today?

Gave it a bath and put the soft uppers back on! :D
85302C17-9AC6-4DA6-BDBA-93EBE737BE70.jpeg

I took out the goofy leather "boot" that was on my shifter and installed the 98-00 front shifter console on my 01. And then had to swap and modify the Passenger Airbag switch..because... chrysler engineers were aholes and did a design change. Tabs and wire connectors aren't the same. Whoduthunk.
Can you elaborate on this a bit? Im considering a center console switch from 99 one piece. To any other year that is 2 piece. Has the subwoofer. And has the coin tray that appears in pics to fit the airbag switch.

From what your saying. I gather that that cointray space does not fit the airbag switch?

I haven’t done 💩 to my TJ in almost two weeks and am going insane. Dropped it off for the lift etc and they are waiting on the rear driveshaft. Sooooo I leave town Monday and reckon it’ll be another week before we reunite. Big kick in the 🥜‘s as I was supposed to go play on some trails tomorrow. #firstworldproblems

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and matkal
I haven’t done 💩 to my TJ in almost two weeks and am going insane. Dropped it off for the lift etc and they are waiting on the rear driveshaft. Sooooo I leave town Monday and reckon it’ll be another week before we reunite. Big kick in the 🥜‘s as I was supposed to go play on some trails tomorrow. #firstworldproblems

sucks. I won’t be able to even order my driveshaft until next week.

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
how much did they charge? Ill tell you whether it was worth it or not.
Oh I have no doubt it’s cheaper to do it yourself. It’s about how much labor you are willing to pay to save the frustrations 😂. I just wasn’t comfortable tackling everything. New shocks, springs, sye, driveshafts, & steering stabilizer

Almost installed an ARB compressor, except when it showed up via UPS its a cheap clone. The threads in the unit don't even match the ARB stuff. Bought from eBay advertised with the ARB part number, but in the details it does say "Not ARB". I missed that when I ordered it. Misleading seller, working a dispute now. Ordered a real ARB from Amazon. Disappointed, had plans to work on the Jeep tonight.

The goofy fake leather boots came standard on 05-06' Jeeps. They come in handy when the temps get below zero. I guess that's not an issue for you though.🌞
Can you elaborate on this a bit? Im considering a center console switch from 99 one piece. To any other year that is 2 piece. Has the subwoofer. And has the coin tray that appears in pics to fit the airbag switch.

From what your saying. I gather that that cointray space does not fit the airbag switch?
The console in the TJ from what I've found isn't just one size/style. There was a no console one (mine.) That had a fake leather bootie and a pair of cup holders. There was a TJ year the 98-00 that had a front console only..with one cup holder and an airbag switch with a different style to the 01 SE. And then there's that big long fecker (comes In a 2 part design.) The Front console only on the 98-00 TJ has a different pigtail connector and the snap in fascia plate snaps in on the opposite sides. I had to cut some spots and modify my original switch and plate to go back in. I'll see if I can find the pics. At work right now.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I found best price on my ARB twin through eBay but with known seller, RockRidge 4WD. Almost fell for the one you mention as well because comes up with part number search. Agree is rather misleading ad designed to trick buyer.

Where do you plan to mount it?