What did you do to your TJ today?

Put these on today since the wind blew my door open yesterday snapping the factory strap and slamming the door (mirror) into the side of the Jeep.

IMG_20210324_143912.jpg

IMG_20210324_144043.jpg

IMG_20210324_144331.jpg

IMG_20210324_144554.jpg

I woulda made em myself but I didn't have enough red or black and these were delivered next day.

Most of my parts arrived in the last week for my clutch replacement. Just waiting on a couple of things, mostly parts to rebuild the shifter. But all of the important stuff was here so that I could at least start going back together with it.
Went with the Luk clutch...and yes, I'm going to run the throw out bearing that came with it.
Replaced all the small parts, fork, pivot, and spring and also replaced the flywheel...which allowed me to justify the purchase a cordless 1/2" drive impact wrench. No way I would have gotten them out with my 1/2" breaker bar, even with the flywheel jammed up with a pry bar against the floor.

While I had it apart, I sanded and painted the skid plate and underside of the frame rails. Knock on wood, my frame is a great shape, but there is some surface rust here and there.

Don't laugh at my make shift trans jack. It worked fine and I was able to get it back together by myself without too much headache.

164806550_10225542729543455_815602407452396238_o.jpg

Not today, it was actually a few weeks ago but I finally got around to taking a picture of my Morryde Tailgate Reinforcement Kit.
View attachment 237256
I installed mine recently without painting it, but I think in the future I might paint it to match my body color too. I don't really like the look of the large black plate, but I'll see if it will grow on me

Finally got around to cleaning up my hardtop with magic eraser.

Here is what it looked like before:
Hardtop before.jpeg

And after:
Hardtop after.jpeg

Big difference, and it probably took less than half an hour with just a few magic erasers and a bucket of warm water. Just wish I did it earlier since the hardtop if probably going to get stored for the summer in a few weeks anyway 🤣

View attachment 237332

And after:
View attachment 237331

Big difference, and it probably took less than half an hour with just a few magic erasers and a bucket of warm water. Just wish I did it earlier since the hardtop if probably going to get stored for the summer in a few weeks anyway 🤣
Is that snow on the ground behind you?

West Australia is now going the same way for posties, It used to be all Honda CT110,s .
I got a job once as a postie and the CT110,s carry a lot of mail, one bundle in the front basket one in the rear basket and both panniers full, takes a bit of skill doing figure eights in driveways to get to the mail box,s when fully loaded especially in the pissing rain. now Grampa can deliver mail with only Gofa experience lol
I only did it for a short time but gave up one day when I realized I had to do 35MPH on footpaths just to get my round done! Plus at least 8 full bike loads of mail per day from pick up points thats after sorting and bagging all your own mail from 5am to 9am! Delivery was the easy bit!
Sounds like hard work. Made me think of Bukowski... Just have a couple (or more) drinks and it's all easy, right? Just don't wreck too hard, or lose your mail in the wrong place.

And after:

Wow that's a huge difference! I'll have to try that on mine, it's super faded. Wonder if it could restore it back to what I think used to be a Khaki color like it restored black.

I cleared some space in the garage for the Jeep, permanently. I also put in new spark plugs, NGK ZFR5N. I thought I read those were fine for my '97 distributor 4.0 but if not I'm sure someone will remind me...

Cleaned and regreased all the mechanisms in both doors and tailgate, because they were super sticky and was tired of punching my doors in parking lots to unlock them. They're smoooooth now.

Oh and the most exciting bit, I replaced my EAG bumper with the stock bumper I repainted. I stripped the old chipped crappy paint with a paint stripper drill bit attachment, hit it with 3 layers of self etching primer, then 4 of rustoleom rustproof black paint. Painted it gloss to match the winch plate, was nervous it was going to look off on the old Jeep but I'm liking it so far. Also installed my winch onto it! Waiting on my new solenoid housing from Warn to finish, but couldn't resist. Starting to look like a real Jeep!

1616645322886.png