What did you do to your TJ today?

After 3 long weeks at the shop (most of which I was on vacation) I got mine back. WOW! What a difference in the ride, I didn’t know it rode so horribly until this morning! I think my favorite part is shifting without a tcase drop, I now see how that knucklebusting can be an issue! #frankenlift

748BA5EC-4973-4ED9-951B-11C21412A8C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Noticed my wiper arms looked faded so I gave them a few coats of new paint to freshen them up since it was a great day. Ordered a light bar to finally replace my old fog lights and make the lighting throughout LED. I also began working on my next drop out grilling table from my storage box.

Later I was scrolling through random forums on here for tips/inspiration and sounds like a majority of people on here would hate my jeep which gave me a good laugh :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Blondie70
Just started my second 6 pack of PBR :) Friday night 8 pm here in Sunny Perv OZ while you guys are just getting ready for work lol
Usually on or around my eighth PBR I start buying useless TJ shit I don't really need from both eBay and Amazon only to regret the "Buy It Now" on Saturday morning :) lol
That really applies to anything not just Jeep’s.

Reactions: KSHE
After 3 long weeks at the shop (most of which I was on vacation) I got mine back. WOW! What a difference in the ride, I didn’t know it rode so horribly until this morning! I think my favorite part is shifting without a tcase drop, I know see how that knucklebusting can be an issue! #frankenlift

View attachment 237703
I forgot what you had done to it now. :(

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Later I was scrolling through random forums on here for tips/inspiration and sounds like a majority of people on here would hate my jeep which gave me a good laugh :ROFLMAO:

"Hate" is a strong word and I don't think any Jeep is hate-able. I did just check the images you've posted to see what's up. I will admit that a TJ's angry grille is hated by most but we don't hate your TJ, we just feel sorry for it .:cry:

"Hate" is a strong word and I don't think any Jeep is hate-able. I did just check the images you've posted to see what's up. I will admit that a TJ's angry grille is hated by most but we don't hate your TJ, we just feel sorry for it .:cry:
To each their own I guess just like anything else in life. Some people like certain things and some don't. No reason to feel sorry for my jeep, I'm proud of my build since it was my first car and I've been fortunate enough to do a good amount to it over the years. All love from my end, just jeeps supporting jeeps 🤙🍻

Mine's in its bag in the back. Still have to actually wire up the winch before I can spool mine (Also red TRE) on.
Let me know what you think about the safety thimble. I chose to forgo it and keep my hook but I may swap them out if it's really worth it. A hook just seems so versatile

After 3 long weeks at the shop (most of which I was on vacation) I got mine back. WOW! What a difference in the ride, I didn’t know it rode so horribly until this morning! I think my favorite part is shifting without a tcase drop, I know see how that knucklebusting can be an issue! #frankenlift

View attachment 237703
That thing is the definition of badass:eek:

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Let me know what you think about the safety thimble. I chose to forgo it and keep my hook but I may swap them out if it's really worth it. A hook just seems so versatile
Honestly, I don't know enough to have an opinion. When I don't know enough about something, I try to deal with those that have more experience than I do - like the guys on this forum. The reasons stated for the thimble made sense to me, so I bought one. I can then attach whatever I need to it to get the job done. *shrug*

Started the install for the clutch switch for the Rostra cruise control. There was some confusion as to whether or not a clutch switch was needed - many no longer do - but the Jeep needs one. Not the end of the world to not have one if you pay attention, but there really should be one there. Basically done with the mechanicals - I had to fab a bracket, drill a hole, blah, blah, blah. I removed the driver's seat to make my life easier - couldn't even *think* about getting my head under that dash otherwise!

It all "should" bolt together tomorrow, and I can get the seat put back in, etc - then I'll hook it up. Will be installing a separate "cancel" button as well - Rostra doesn't include one but its easy enough to do. Primer is drying in the hole tonite...
All bolted together, adjusted, tested, etc. Seat put back in. Now I just need to do the wiring.

Reactions: John Cooper