What did you do to your TJ today?

Midtenn

TJ Addict
Spent many hours making these parts work without the need for added bumstop.

View attachment 249594
UCF Transfer Case Skid for '97-'02 TJ (Ultra High-Clearance) in aluminum. I wanted something less extreme but this will do
Cool cool. I hope you like it. I’ve considered it after buying my SSYE but it’s hard to swing that much for the aluminum. And then the steel one is crazy heavy as well. And now I’d likely have to get a new driveshaft.

Reactions: Ephry73

Ephry73

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Cool cool. I hope you like it. I’ve considered it after buying my SSYE but it’s hard to swing that much for the aluminum. And then the steel one is crazy heavy as well. And now I’d likely have to get a new driveshaft.
The fedex guys didn't look like they were too happy either. I considered all of the options and honestly $140-180 for a used stock rusty skid is even more crazy. I let it hurt once, thassit

Last edited:

Rosco1216

Sanded and painted the rs5000x’s. 63E477E2-60A0-468B-AF60-4A5227ACDCA6.jpeg74F7B92B-2306-4F9C-86C0-2069E8D71DCD.jpeg

RFAASRMA

I'm rocking a Zeak winch as well, so far zero issues. Used it today, in fact, to pull out some bushes that died during that Texas cold snap. Wife was finally impressed with something on the jeep.

Also got my adjustable upper control arms installed today, what a difference that made. I went with Rusty's, which I know is not a popular choice but they had the brackets for the brake lines similar to the factory control arms, and 12 hours in I'm happy with my choice. I may go back and give the pinion angle one-ish more degree...looks like it still might be off a hair.

View attachment 249485View attachment 249486

Also pictured, before & after. Both are with the new 33" wheels. I went from a used 2.5" RC spring-only lift to a 4" Zone Offroad spring/shock/control arm setup, + SYE.

View attachment 249488View attachment 249489
How long have you had the winch for? I never heard of them before pulling the trigger but it had a lot of good reviews on Amazon. The lift kit turned out great btw. I have a similar setup in terms of height and tire size and it’s done everything I’ve needed it to so far.

Fonz54

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Received my "anchor point" I'm putting in the back of the garage so I can spool on line in my driveway. I needed to drill a pair of 1/2" holes in it. Well, I learned something new today! My little Harbor Freight drill press really isn't good for much over about 3/8" in heavy steel, although it did fine up to that point. So I broke out "Old Granddad", a huge 1/2" slow speed drill I inherited from my late father. That made short work of this job! Dad bought that drill, a "Thor", for $100 in about 1949, and it wasn't new then. Best I've been able to figure out, it was apparently made in the 30s sometime.
Sounds like Old Thor is cable of giving you some busted knuckle. I have a 1/2 Inch Milwaukee that bust your wrist if you get it stuck.

Moglocker

TJ Enthusiast
Deliveries can make or break a weekend plans, there are just so many more yesterdays than tomorrows and deliveries always seem to be tomorrow lol
Boy,you said it,we are retiring in a year and flat towing the Jeep, last may started with a stock Jeep and there is just not enough time to get to all the mods I want to do!

Irun

Jeep Addict
Supporting Member