What did you do to your TJ today?

After 3 long weeks at the shop (most of which I was on vacation) I got mine back. WOW! What a difference in the ride, I didn’t know it rode so horribly until this morning! I think my favorite part is shifting without a tcase drop, I know see how that knucklebusting can be an issue! #frankenlift

View attachment 237703

congrats!

my driveshaft comes in on Wednesday. I practiced shifting with the transmission in the correct place and it’s a totally different feel. I bet 2nd and 4th are gonna be like “so this is what engagement feels like “

congrats!

my driveshaft comes in on Wednesday. I practiced shifting with the transmission in the correct place and it’s a totally different feel. I bet 2nd and 4th are gonna be like “so this is what engagement feels like “
Oh it’s frigging unbelievable, don’t even get me started on reverse!!! It’s probably what I appreciate most about it all! Can’t wait to hear how Wednesday goes, I feel your pain on having to wait!

Were id you get those fender protectors? Thats what I need, I cant find them in Oz only ones for Landrovers. I was going to attempt to cut my own out of Gorilla Grip.

Cheers
Your favorite online Jeep store Quadratec. The site says they're "IN Stock." :unsure:
p.s. Tough Stuff makes them and Q-Tec stopped selling them.

Last edited:
My '06 TJ has a front bumper mounted hitch, presumably for a snowplow, but could be handy for all kinds of things, so I spent some time grinding down the old paint and rust, then wiped it down with grease and wax remover, and then primed it and coated in rubberized rocker guard. I've got KC Lites coming to replace the original cracked fogs.

front 1.jpg

FRONT 2.jpg

FRONT 3.jpg

On another note, the fenders both have rust in them and the passengers side has really great Patina. What have you guys done when there are rust holes in the front fenders and nowhere else? Replacement fenders?

Cant find them which is no surprise given we call bushings bushes lol
Wot dem dare thangs called?
It says they stopped selling them. Tough Stuff fender protectors. They make rolls of the stuff too. I used it to go under my rocker guards on my old Jeep. It's a thick and textured vinyl.

Haven't done a lot lately due to lack of garage and an apocalyptic snow storm but I halfway finished my phone mount. Concept stolen from a few folks around here. As I was going to test fit it I was just using a bit in my hand to get the screws started and dropped in in between the defrost vent and dash so off to Harbor Freight I went for some small object recovery equipment. After tearing pretty much every bezel and trim piece off the dash I was able to get it to fall into reach. Long story short the phone mount is fitting excellent. The clip on the center of the defrost trim piece doesn't seat anymore but it actually works out better because its a bit warped down right there and now it sits mostly flush. Now to go shopping for a mount. I'll probably end up going with a 2 hole AMPS ball mount or ball stud with an arm and Ram mount.

PXL_20210326_215155888.jpg

PXL_20210326_215258944.jpg

Buttoned up everything underneath the Jeep and took it out for a test drive. Pulled back into the garage and hear a squalling bearing sound. Now the dang A/C compressor is making a racket.

Clutch was fine. Shifted and drove just fine. I filled the trans (AX-15) with some cheap 10w30 synthetic that I'm going to drain after a few days (after I get my A/C delete pulley assembly). I have some Redline MT-90 ordered and will refill with that for the future. I'm still not happy with the noise I'm hearing from the trans as it sits at idle. But, I see some say these transmissions have some noise at idle. I just don't ever recall hearing it until recently.

The ol' Jeep is reaching deep into my pocket lately. LOL!!:)

Buttoned up everything underneath the Jeep and took it out for a test drive. Pulled back into the garage and hear a squalling bearing sound. Now the dang A/C compressor is making a racket.

Clutch was fine. Shifted and drove just fine. I filled the trans (AX-15) with some cheap 10w30 synthetic that I'm going to drain after a few days (after I get my A/C delete pulley assembly). I have some Redline MT-90 ordered and will refill with that for the future. I'm still not happy with the noise I'm hearing from the trans as it sits at idle. But, I see some say these transmissions have some noise at idle. I just don't ever recall hearing it until recently.

The ol' Jeep is reaching deep into my pocket lately. LOL!!:)
You should hear the NV3550.