What did you do to your TJ today?

Just put a set of those on my TJ right before I sold it. They looked awesome. Good choice.
I snagged them from Jeg's, because I think they made a mistake on the pricing. They had these with the milling for $1more than the ones that don't. They're on back order, but I can wait.

It says they stopped selling them. Tough Stuff fender protectors. They make rolls of the stuff too. I used it to go under my rocker guards on my old Jeep. It's a thick and textured vinyl.
Cant find them anywhere, If I cut my own I wouldnt get an acceptable finish! Give me a shovel and I can dig an exact hole give me a box cutter and craft knife and I have to buy another new kitchen table and a box of Bandaids :)

Put 4 new shoes on Wildpeak AT3W XL,s ( just in case it snows in OZ lol) also had an alignment, look a bit more aggressive than the wrangler A/T,s I had on and ride nicer with no road noise, almost $900au down the drain if I do a lift soon but my tires were worn worse than they looked the tire fitter showed me on a tread gauge! 2 illegal and 1 barely legal :(
Road was too busy to take a full pic, nothing special anyway but they are snow rated lol!

View attachment 237388
They are only 29s on stock 15s so not everyones cup of tea but for some strange reason it looks and feels higher but with more clearance? Placebo in full swing lol

rubber.jpg

Buttoned up everything underneath the Jeep and took it out for a test drive. Pulled back into the garage and hear a squalling bearing sound. Now the dang A/C compressor is making a racket.

Clutch was fine. Shifted and drove just fine. I filled the trans (AX-15) with some cheap 10w30 synthetic that I'm going to drain after a few days (after I get my A/C delete pulley assembly). I have some Redline MT-90 ordered and will refill with that for the future. I'm still not happy with the noise I'm hearing from the trans as it sits at idle. But, I see some say these transmissions have some noise at idle. I just don't ever recall hearing it until recently.

The ol' Jeep is reaching deep into my pocket lately. LOL!!:)

tell me more about this AC delete pulley...

On another note, the fenders both have rust in them and the passengers side has really great Patina. What have you guys done when there are rust holes in the front fenders and nowhere else? Replacement fenders?
I'd just replace them. When I first got my LJ I had a body shop that tried cleaning them up, but like 6 or 8 months later it was coming back through. Second time around I just replaced the fenders. I should have done that from the beginning

Reactions: Chief Brohician
Added TJ #4, or 3.5, to the fleet, err, parts pile? I bought a Dana 30/Dana 35 4.10 axle set with some accessories attached. The axles are intended for the 1998 Sport project. I'll probably keep the windshield frame because 3 black windshield frames isn't enough. The tub is salvageable. The frame is crusty, but solid. The wheels are retro, but I kinda dig 'em.

1999-1.jpg

#MailCall ! Received my NOS Savvy rear control arms. Never used, hardware included, $500 shipped to my door. E-Bay find. Beat that. Who’s got my fronts for sale, new or slightly used acceptable. Thanks to @Gollywomper my (his old) rear 4” LJ springs are en route and the fronts should be headed to the shipper..... soon. 👍🏼🇺🇸This forum is Saweeet

1A51AD7F-538F-4E25-9BB7-F37E8EA94E19.jpeg

Took my smittybilt xrc 9500 winch apart to clean an re-grease it

Freespools like a dream. Before it was a royal bitch. Took two hands and almost all my strength to pull and I would be exhausted by the time I had set up for recovery. Now I can walk it out with one hand. Night and day difference.

Why they come with that paste they call grease is beyond me. Was so thick I had to take everything to my work and use a scalding hot pressure washer to get that crap off.

Got it back yesterday from having all the fluids changed and new front rotors and new front and rear brake pads installed. Today I washed it, cleaned the wheel wells, and used the hose to flood the red dirt out of the frame and the underneath... there wasn't much. This TJ was well taken care of by the PO. Looks like a couple of drainage holes were even already drilled in the bottom of the frame.
PXL_20210327_201049399.jpg

Got it back yesterday from having all the fluids changed and new front rotors and new front and rear brake pads installed. Today I washed it, cleaned the wheel wells, and used the hose to flood the red dirt out of the frame and the underneath... there wasn't much. This TJ was well taken care of by the PO. Looks like a couple of drainage holes were even already drilled in the bottom of the frame.
Dang that orange is a good color

Reactions: Scout734